Appetite for Democracy 3D

On Saturday, August 27, 2016 at 1:45 PM, PsychoKiss344 said:

Do we have to keep reminding our self that Ashba was in Guns N Roses????

Uhhh yes. He was better than the old one after all. 

Never seen this on 3D actually. Parents have a 3D TV but I'd rather not embarrass myself by bringing this DVD and showing them guns n roses like that. 

Also while I really like what Slash did with the Chinese songs, I still find myself liking the Cd version solos more. Maybe just because it's what I'm used to, but aside from This I Love, I'd rather the old solos. Robin's Better was just awesome. 

Edited by Gunner55

On 8/28/2016 at 10:26 PM, Reclamation Project said:

What if I told you when this was released we'd be getting Axl singing while Duff and Slash played guitar in less than two years!

Amazing.

What if I told you that if you look closely, you can see someone cosplaying as Axl in the crowd? 

The 3D quality is great.

My issue with it is the actual show was one of the less good shows of the band. 

Literally any of the 2009 shows destroy this performance and they even had the same line up. It's also one of the less exciting setlists of the era IMO.

So I find it hard to get through, aside from that it's not classic guns, there's better nu-guns performances in 2006, and there's better that-line up performances in 2009-2010....so it's just kind of like....Why did that pick that one? Out of everything? 

I don't even mean to be negative about it - it's just frustrating.

On 8/28/2016 at 8:55 AM, Towelie said:

People just rag on it cuz it's NuGuns.

I like the way everyone pretends that Axl has completely transformed as a singer since 2011-14 just because he's playing with Slash again. He sounds identical now to how he did back then. No different. This I Love is not a completely different song just because Slash improvs some bluesy licks where Ashba used to be. I literally lol my ass off everytime I see some douche say about how they suddenly like the Chinese Democracy songs in the set now that Slash has improved them. Facepalm everytime.

And I miss Ron Thal in Guns N Roses. The man is a fucking beast. The only reason he isn't there instead of Fortus is because Ron, unlike Richard, could run rings around Slash any given day. I'm not saying that as a slight against Slash, GNR is HIS band and he belongs there. But lets call a spade a spade and there is a reason why Richard was chosen to stay over Ron.

The DVD itself isn't too bad. November Rain sounds horrid and Estranged and This I Love are patchy at best. Axl can't pull off the big ballads like he used to. But he nails Civil War and Nightrain and I quite like the performance of Catcher In The Rye.

To say that Axl sounds Identical on The Not In This Lifetime Tour to how he sounded from 2011-2014 Is absolutely beyond ridiculous and simply a false statement. There are certain songs that sound the same such as November Rain and Estranged and certain parts In You Could Be Mine and Sweet Child O Mine, but there Is no doubt that he has Improved vocally over all. I didn't like the Chinese songs back then and I still don't like them with Slash, but again, to say that Slash and Duff didn't Improve any of the Chinese material Is once again false as most would agree that the Better Intro Improved the song.