The Jerseys

2 hours ago, Deniz said:

Don't think it's the last one as those baggy jerseys made him look even more bloated.

What's up with your avatar? Don't you like popcorn?

Not so much anti-Adler, just anti-hating Frank and complaining that Alder isn't the drummer regardless of the valid reasons he isn't.

Axl was running around shirtless at Rock in Rio, I didn't think he was self-conscience. The jerseys just don't fit the style he's had any time before or after. 

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

Not so much anti-Adler, just anti-hating Frank and complaining that Alder isn't the drummer regardless of the valid reasons he isn't.

Axl was running around shirtless at Rock in Rio, I didn't think he was self-conscience. The jerseys just don't fit the style he's had any time before or after. 

The whole band during that Era was odd. 

• Like 2

hip-hop/hip-hop style was taking the mainstream at the time, huge ass sport jersey's were what was cool.

Axl wore them hoping to still seem cool i suppose...heres Nas & Ja Rule circa 2002

musicgroupjacropped.jpg

38 minutes ago, mikeman5150 said:

He did wear jerseys based on the cities he was in. A mix of football, baseball and hockey. I do know Axl is a football fan, and he likes the Oakland Raiders. He also likes the Lakers in basketball. Not sure about anything else. 

he was also a Iverson fan 

this is still such a weird video he looks so diffrent and it looks like he malfunctions at :52 :lol:

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 3

I think he looked alright with the black one he wore at the vmas with the letaher pants and black shoes. Other than that, i didnt like the other jersey combinations.

I would have much rather preferred he took his Las Vegas 2001 look to the 2002 tour.

Axl8.jpg

20011229photo03.jpgAxlRobin2.jpg?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

On 28 August 2016 at 5:38 AM, -W.A.R- said:

hip-hop/hip-hop style was taking the mainstream at the time, huge ass sport jersey's were what was cool.

Axl wore them hoping to still seem cool i suppose...heres Nas & Ja Rule circa 2002

musicgroupjacropped.jpg

this is still such a weird video he looks so diffrent and it looks like he malfunctions at :52 :lol:

Everything this fella said is a basic summation of why he would've been wearing jerseys during this period. It was a sign of the times.

/thread

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 11:15 PM, cooker said:

The whole band during that Era was odd. 

Odd about sums up Nu Guns....every single employee.  Throw in a fucking odd if ya want too.

On ‎8‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 11:38 PM, -W.A.R- said:

musicgroupjacropped.jpg

I still refuse to believe that is Axl Rose.  That too was odd to see then and odder now. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Original said:

Odd about sums up Nu Guns....every single employee.  Throw in a fucking odd if ya want too.

I still refuse to believe that is Axl Rose.  That too was odd to see then and odder now. 

The only thing that clearly shows it's Axl is the voice. Oh, and his lean back handshake. 

Edited by cooker

On 28/08/2016 at 1:38 AM, -W.A.R- said:

I always saw this version of Axl as an ill Axl. 
He looks like he was wearing a wig here, no side hair, it just doesnt look natural. Maybe getting ill was the main reason he faded for so long? Maybe some illness have made him lost his hair and not just baldness... Its so weird. 
Even his eyebrows are fake looking here, it doesnt look like the bleached ones he has today. 

• Like 2