Liam Gallagher signs with Warner Bros for one album

Len Cnut

from 19 secs to 1 mins, my favourite Liam moment, those have got to be some of the most unique insults ever uttered:

'i thought you were a geezer, i thought you were a fuckin geezer?'

'i thought you were fuckin hard?  hooray for tolerance!s arse...hooray for tolerance! arse, i thought you were a bad dick?  Put ya fuckin' camera away n i'll leather you ya nobhead, ill leather you ya nobhead, no, you look like a dickhead!  You look like a gay boys arse with drawers and i'll do you any-a time when your boys aint here, alright nobhead?'

Colourful :lol:. I love Liam!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Rubbish. They chucked the whole Oasis bandwagon behind New Labour. They made statements espousing Blair and New Labour. Fuckin' disgrace.

How does any of that dispute the idea that he didnt really know what was going on?  And why is it a disgrace, I mean in what sense?  This is Oasis here, not some band aligned to some sort of high minded ideals that you could say they were selling out on by going to Downing Street, hes a guy that voted Labour all his life and lived his youth signing on under a Conservative government, seems to me to be pretty according to type, I mean they weren't like The Pistols or The Stone Roses where they espoused some kind of anti-establishment ideals, whether in their music or in interviews, they just pretty much were working class kids who wanted to be big and rich and wealthy.

Edited by Len Cnut

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

How does any of that dispute the idea that he didnt really know what was going on?  And why is it a disgrace, I mean in what sense?  This is Oasis here, not some band aligned to some sort of high minded ideals that you could say they were selling out on by going to Downing Street, hes a guy that voted Labour all his life and lived his youth signing on under a Conservative government, seems to me to be pretty according to type, I mean they were like The Pistols or The Stone Roses where they espoused some kind of anti-establishment ideals, whether in their music or in interviews, they just pretty much were working class kids who wanted to be big and rich and wealthy.

They can do what they want. They can support Blairy Labour for all they want, Spin docters, Iraq war, et al. Just don't expect me to listen to them and not label them a 'cunt' or to listen to their dildo-up-the-arse Mancunion noise.

Edited by DieselDaisy

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

They can do what they want. They can support Blairy Labour for all they want, Spin docters, Iraq war, et al. Just don't expect me to listen to not label them a 'cunt' or to listen to their dildo-up-the-arse Mancunion noise.

Oh you're welcome to do all that but you used a very specific term there, 'disgrace', it means something specific that doesn't seem applicable there.  And also, the Iraq War hadn't happened at that point.

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Oh you're welcome to do all that but you used a very specific term there, 'disgrace', it means something specific that doesn't seem applicable there.  And also, the Iraq War hadn't happened at that point.

I find it quite disgraceful somebody supporting new labour, not to mention somebody from the rock fraternity using their media support to garnish support for new labour.

Listen, regardless of the spectrum of politics, never have I seen such nauseating sycophancy from a musician to a politician, not since Elvis chucked his lot in with Nixon (but Elvis gets a reprieve).

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I find it quite disgraceful somebody supporting new labour, not to mention somebody from the rock fraternity using their media support to garnish support for new labour.

Listen, regardless of the spectrum of politics, never have I seen such nauseating sycophancy from a musician to a politician, not since Elvis chucked his lot in with Nixon (but Elvis gets a reprieve).

I was gonna point that out, Elvis gets a reprieve, The Beatles get one for their MBEs, it all seems a bit selective to be honest.  Its like saying Ali was a phoney for accepting a medal off George W Bush, or Johnny Ramone was a disgrace for being a Nixon/Reagan man.  

Perhaps he genuinely believed Blair was going to be good for the country, quite a few people did at that time, hes since changed his tune as have a great many since what went on under the Blair administration.  John Lennon did his share of political arse licking too, George McGovern etc.

I dont give a shit about a mans politics to be honest, as long as the musics good, which i gather you dont think so in this case which is fair enough but slagging someone off for doing something that a lot of people that you rate do is a bit inconsistent.

Edited by Len Cnut

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I was gonna point that out, Elvis gets a reprieve, The Beatles get one for their MBEs, it all seems a bit selective to be honest.  Its like saying Ali was a phoney for accepting a medal off George W Bush, or Johnny Ramone was a disgrace for being a Nixon/Reagan man.  

Perhaps he genuinely believed Blair was going to be good for the country, quite a few people did at that time, hes since changed his tune as have a great many since what went on under the Blair administration.  John Lennon did his share of political arse licking too, George McGovern etc.

I dont give a shit about a mans politics to be honest, as long as the musics good, which i gather you dont think so in this case which is fair enough but slagging someone off for doing something that a lot of people that you rate do is a bit inconsistent.

I've never listened to somebody who supported New Labour.

And this, regarding Lennon, is a strange thing to say to me? I've always been adamant (on here) that Lennon made himself look like - well, I still do not know what he looked like but there he was with his willy on a LP cover, giving out acorns to world leaders. You are never going to obtain a defense of this (from me). I can't understand John at that stage. He seemed to flip-flop between lefty causes without possessing any knowledge of the situation, ''bit of IRA'', ''bit of black panthers''. That was between sitting in a bed before the world's media acting like a wanker. What a dickhead.

In fairness Oasis music is fairly shite anyway which makes this all a bit academic.

I've never listened to somebody who supported New Labour.

And this, regarding Lennon, is a strange thing to say to me? I've always been adamant (on here) that Lennon made himself look like - well, I still do not know what he looked like but there he was with his willy on a LP cover, giving out acorns to world leaders. You are never going to obtain a defense of this (from me). I can't understand John at that stage. He seemed to flip-flop between lefty causes without possessing any knowledge of the situation, ''bit of IRA'', ''bit of black panthers''. That was between sitting in a bed before the world's media acting like a wanker. What a dickhead.

In fairness Oasis music is fairly shite anyway which makes this all a bit academic.

You don't have a lot of time for naive idealism do you? :lol:

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

But there was nothing idealistic about new labour! In fairness to Noel he admits he was a tosser (at the time).

I mean generally speaking, in terms of Lennon or Noel.  And there was an idealism there cuz some people seriously thought that spitting image puppet (Blair) might herald in new and prosperous times.  

To me, i dont expect a rockstar (or any celebrity) to have answers to the worlds problems, the level that i admire Lennon in terms of his politics is the idealism behind them, wallyish though it might've been the sentiment is totally honourable...same thing with Russell Brand and all his revolution bollocks.  I dont seriously expect either of them to actually achieve anything in that direction but the naive idealism of it all and the intent is endearing.  You appear to have very little truck with that sort of thing.

• Like 1

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I mean generally speaking, in terms of Lennon or Noel.  And there was an idealism there cuz some people seriously thought that spitting image puppet (Blair) might herald in new and prosperous times.  

To me, i dont expect a rockstar (or any celebrity) to have answers to the worlds problems, the level that i admire Lennon in terms of his politics is the idealism behind them, wallyish though it might've been the sentiment is totally honourable...same thing with Russell Brand and all his revolution bollocks.  I dont seriously expect either of them to actually achieve anything in that direction but the naive idealism of it all and the intent is endearing.  You appear to have very little truck with that sort of thing.

Why then do you hate hippies?

It was the ultimate - rather fondly admired, artistically brilliant, but ultimately naive - cultural-political movement? Everything you say in the above applies to hippies.

And Brand is a total tosser. Really your senses have deserted you here. Gallagher brothers? Fine, but Brand deserves instantaneous death.

Why then do you hate hippies?

It was the ultimate - rather fondly admired, artistically brilliant, but ultimately naive - cultural-political movement? Everything you say in the above applies to hippies.

And Brand is a total tosser. Really your senses have deserted you here. Gallagher brothers? Fine, but Brand deserves instantaneous death.

I hate hippies cuz of how it all ended up, the real hippies, the people that started it, they were amazing.  The effect it had on popular music though, after the 60s was dreadful and thats the stuff i hate.  A lot of what went on in the 60s under hippiedom was fantastic, it was like punk in a way, anti-establishment, counter-culture.  The benign archetype that represents hippiedom in the here and now, the today is very little to do with what they actually were.  The MC5 were kinda hippies really.

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I hate hippies cuz of how it all ended up, the real hippies, the people that started it, they were amazing.  The effect it had on popular music though, after the 60s was dreadful and thats the stuff i hate.  A lot of what went on in the 60s under hippiedom was fantastic, it was like punk in a way, anti-establishment, counter-culture.  The benign archetype that represents hippiedom in the here and now, the today is very little to do with what they actually were.  The MC5 were kinda hippies really.

You can say the same about punk? None of these musical acts did anything. In fact you know who has done more than any? Bono? The biggest cunt in the hemisphere - another Blairy toady. Bono might be just the most influential musician ever.

What happened to punk is actually rather similar to what happened to the hippies. In 66-7 and 76-7 you had a vibrant cultural-politico movement and by '68 and '78 (respectively) it was all dead, swallowed up by money.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

You can say the same about punk? None of these musical acts did anything. In fact you know who has done more than any? Bono? The biggest cunt in the hemisphere - another Blairy toady. Bono might be just the most influential musician ever.

What happened to punk is actually rather similar to what happened to the hippies. In 66-7 and 76-7 you had a vibrant cultural-politico movement and by '68 and '78 (respectively) it was all dead, swallowed up by money.

Punks impression of the arts, on culture, on society still reverberates though, therein lies the difference.