Liam Gallagher signs with Warner Bros for one album

Len Cnut

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

If this is your opinion, you are going to have to posit some of this to the chaps who edit wikipedia, on which the slightest of searches pulled up,

It is a bit of a prevalent opinion - The Graduate also contributed.

Yes I have read Biskind's book. My favourite anecdote is the one about the cast/crew on Taxi Driver leaving naked pictures of, the universally reviled Cybill Shepherd, around the set.

The Graduate was one of the ones i was getting at with the 'pre-dates Easy Rider' thing.  What you are espousing is a popular opinion, i just dont consider it to be historically accurate.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

The Graduate was one of the ones i was getting at with the 'pre-dates Easy Rider' thing.  What you are espousing is a popular opinion, i just dont consider it to be historically accurate.

The Graduate is '67 as is Bonnie and Clyde. Easy Rider is '69. So you are discussing a two year period (1967 - 69) when a new cinema appeared, influenced by mores of 1960's counter-culture.

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The Graduate is '67 as is Bonnie and Clyde. Easy Rider is '69. So you are discussing a two year period (1967 - 69) when a new cinema appeared, influenced by mores of 1960's counter-culture.

I think British Cinema is very underrated in its effect on western cinema in the 60s too, although thats another discussion altogether.

Love Liam :) 

Although he's bit of a fanny sometimes, I think he's alright. Especially when he was younger, he was genuine and humble, even as he held the belief that they were the best, and spoke like they were. And they were! As he grew up in Oasis his hardman act got a bit too much I suppose, but I just find it funny, inoffensive and a bit daft. It's like my mate who just speaks shit all the time... Everytime he's on his own, no one goin about.. He aaalways "got jumped by 3 guys" or some shit, and turns up without a scratch haha

Liam's got some good stuff! It must be hard cause Noel set the benchmark. How the fuck do you follow up the endless list of mammoth classics that Noel's released? I think Liam hates the whole solo project angle because he doesn't want all the criticism and pressure on him. Back in Oasis he was reluctant to release his own songs and took a lot of encouragement from Noel and the band. I dont blame him like, releasing your first few songs, when you've been in the band for years and not written anything, following up Noel's work that got the band massive in the first place... That's a big thing. 

I'm mad fer a new album, and especially a tour. I've nae had the chance see Liam yet, so hopefully he at least hits Scotland.

I have to disagree with you there, his solo shit is pretty dire :lol:. And i dont think the hardman thing is an act and it was there when he was young too, i dont think hes hard but he'll definitely have it.  He dont behave much different than 90% of other Manc' scallies, its just hes sort of in a time warp where he became famous when he was 19 and never really had to grow up.  Some people are just like that but they get their heads kicked in a few times and learn to tone it down, trouble is when you're famous that dont always happen, especially when your haunts are like The Groucho Club or whatever...and compared to like, Razorlight and Blur or Sascha Cohen or whatever he is hard :lol:. Compared to them I'm fuckin' hard :lol:

Then again he's kicked off with the likes of Idris Elba too.

Edited by Len Cnut

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i know very little about Oasis except the two brothers hate each other...is that right? is the reason they hate each other common knowledge? and how long were they in band before they began hating each other?

They don't really, it's just...well, people from their part of the world are very ummm...emotionally honest, they just admit they fight all the time, disagree on everything etc etc...thats normal for siblings though isn't it?  It's just a useful narrative to sell things y'know, 'warring brothers'...there was a bit of truth to it towards the end but it's no more (probably a lot less...in fact definitely a lot less) than Lennon and McCartney ended up disliking each other.  Most of the time in all of the interviews, right up until the ones right at the end, they were just taking the piss out of each other, Noel especially, deliberately saying things he knew would wind him up and any half awake viewer can tell that it's just a case of that and not a lot besides.  Towards the end though it did get a bit like that but they're still mildly in contact with each other, it's not any big hate thing really.

• Like 1

Just now, Len Cnut said:

They don't really, it's just...well, people from their part of the world are very ummm...emotionally honest, they just admit they fight all the time, disagree on everything etc etc...thats normal for siblings though isn't it?  It's just a useful narrative to sell things y'know, 'warring brothers'...there was a bit of truth to it towards the end but it's no more (probably a lot less...in fact definitely a lot less) than Lennon and McCartney ended up disliking each other.  Most of the time in all of the interviews, right up until the ones right at the end, they were just taking the piss out of each other, Noel especially, deliberately saying things he knew would wind him up and any half awake viewer can tell that it's just a case of that and not a lot besides.  Towards the end though it did get a bit like that but they're still mildly in contact with each other, it's not any big hate thing really.

thanks.i should probably listen to a song by them or something!

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

They are such shameless plagiarists, even shaming Jimmy Page. Liam Gallagher actually wants to be John Lennon, but does not have an ounce of Lennon's talent, charisma and intellect. He is basically like a Mancunian chav trying to be Lennon.

All of this is undeniable but at the same time if you're gonna aim to be someone you might as well reach for the top drawer :lol:

Some fuckin' music critic once wrote that part of the appeal with Oasis is that it all sounds familiar, you can hear the history of rock n roll in them but with a fresh (in the 90s anyway) swagger and presentation...immediately familiar, yeah, literally :lol:. Noels never denied that shit either.  

there is the idea that aint that many combinations of three chords you can cobble together in a rock fashion without eventually repeating yourselves, kinda like how All Day and All of the Night is the same as Sub-Mission by The Pistols which is the same as Hello I Love You by The Doors.

Personally i dont subscribe to that notion, i just think theres been a lack of original players.  Its all about what you do with it really.

• Like 1