Liam Gallagher signs with Warner Bros for one album

Len Cnut

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

They are such shameless plagiarists, even shaming Jimmy Page. Liam Gallagher actually wants to be John Lennon, but does not have an ounce of Lennon's talent, charisma and intellect. He is basically like a Mancunian chav trying to be Lennon.

again aside from my short tutorial thanks to @Len Cnut i know little about Oasis but didn't i hear some time back that they were the "New Beatles"? was this something they put out there or somehing the media and  fans were trying to promote?

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

again aside from my short tutorial thanks to @Len Cnut i know little about Oasis but didn't i hear some time back that they were the "New Beatles"? was this something they put out there or somehing the media and  fans were trying to promote?

They were just huge and radio friendly and made two really massive albums and the dickhead UK music press jumped on their back with it and they being the lairy little gits that they were went around saying it too but then hey, why not?  Gotta rate yourself a bit, it was time for a bit of attitude after grunge and all that.  Noel was just great at writing anthemic sounding songs I suppose.

Noel later said 'if you keep saying your the greatest band in the world at least half the people you say it too are gonna believe you, theres a lot of idiots out there'

:lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i have lost track of all the media/fans have promoted bands as the next Beatles :lol:

then there's Kanye who claims he's the next Michael Jackson :facepalm:

Oasis suffered from it really because people then came to expect something massive from em, something epic, when all they were was just a good, a very good band.  They're the only band who have sold 8 million records for an album and it been considered an unsuccessful piece of work (their third album Be Here Now).

Thing is Kanye is being serious and tries to really argue it out, Oasis were just being mouthy, they didnt actually try and break it down and explain why or how, with Noel at least it was said with a sense of humour.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i know very little about Oasis except the two brothers hate each other...is that right? is the reason they hate each other common knowledge? and how long were they in band before they began hating each other?

I don't think Noel and Liam could really ever hate each other, although they seem to. 

They had quite a horriffic upbringing. Their dad was a right bastard to all three of the Gallagher boys and their mum. I remember reading an interview in which Noel said hid dad was a gambling drunkard who hit them all regularly, and he and his brother Paul both had bad stammers which he hit them for. Noel spent four years in speech therapy because of his stammer. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I don't think Noel and Liam could really ever hate each other, although they seem to. 

They had quite a horriffic upbringing. Their dad was a right bastard to all three of the Gallagher boys and their mum. I remember reading an interview in which Noel said hid dad was a gambling drunkard who hit them all regularly, and he and his brother Paul both had bad stammers which he hit them for. Noel spent four years in speech therapy because of his stammer. 

this is all coming from what i have heard over the years. i have never really followed them but i would see articles and they all depicted them as hating each other. glad to know it's not that way, it would be very sad for brothers to hate one another.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

this is all coming from what i have heard over the years. i have never really followed them but i would see articles and they all depicted them as hating each other. glad to know it's not that way, it would be very sad for brothers to hate one another.

They were a real rock n roll band, yeah they might have been heavily influenced or whatever, but they were the real deal. They came from the streets, they didn't give a shit what people thought and they told everyone to fuck off. I loved them :lol:

• Like 1

My favourite Liam moment has to be that interview with Loaded magazine that he did after George Harrison called Oasis 'silly' and Keith Richards made some disparaging remarks and he offered em out, threatened to kick the fucking shit out of em, was literally the funniest interview I've ever read, i'll try and find a quote if i can.

Here we go:

"Whoof! I'll do the lot of them!"

We heard it there first - Liam's infamour rant in full

"All these old farts, slagging us off - they'll be dead and buried by the time we start getting senile and shitting in our pants. And we can remember all their shit tunes. 'I've Got My Mind Set On You', 'When We Was Fab'. The quicker they f*****g go, the better for everyone. Anyway, John and Ringo were The Beatles. Isn't It A Pity? It will be when I meet George Harrison. I'm gonna stand on his head and play golf. I'm gonna do me Roy Castle impersonation on his head [that is tap dancing, except he is dead now; cancer]. So who wants a fight? Any old fart who's allowed out of the rest home wants a fight with me, yeah? After I've had me steak and kidney pie, I'll be ready. Do you want it? Any of you senile bastards want a ruck? I'll meet you in the pub, six o'clock. Yeah, it's unlikely, you never know, they might turn up. Whoof! I'll do the lot of them. That should be the headline: 'I'll do the lot of you.' I had a dream where I drop-kicked him in the throat, George, and smashed McCartney from here to Jupiter and back. He didn't have his seatbelt on. My name is disturbance. I love the music. I played the game. Thought I wasn't bothered. Then I thought - I do want it. Keith, Mick and any other old bag who decides to get out of bed in the morning to slag us off. Dirty old nipple. Sweaty old mushroom. I wanna meet you in the middle of Primrose Hill. Thursday afternoon, 12 o'clock, on the green. They say they got misquoted. I won't be misquoted. The main thing we're talking about here is this: any dick who wants it, regardless of what time or day or what shoes I've got on. Anyone who wants a rumble will get it because the man is mad for it and that's the end of it. I don't like fighting but you've not been slagged off like me. And there'll be no big chaps around, man. Just me and me dick, man. And I'll hit him with me knob. I've said I wanted to chill, but I've got loads of knobs picking on me anyway, so I might as well say - 'Let's have it!"

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 3

I saw him at Wembley Stadium in 2000 when I was on a tour of the place; he was on another tour, a 1 of 1 tour; Oasis were playing there that week; he waved to us, we waved back etc... Our group was in the royal box / trophy stand thing... I think he had all 4 fingers and thumb up when he waved...

I like (from Oasis) these tunes..

In 2007 I was at Hanley coach station in Stoke On Trent, England waiting for my coach to go home; I was wearing a Slash t shirt, black leather trousers, blue denim jacket, Adidas Sambas and a black and white fuzzy/trendy beret like Kangol hat straight from Camden Market, and this National Express pulled in (it wasn't my one) bound for Manchester, and 'dressed in my get up that Summer's day in Stoke On Trent' looking at some fat guy propper looking at me from his seat on this Manchester coach dressed like

d18af9a9958fc6997972326196d0bcc8.jpg

but a fat/podgy version of...

I'm glad I'm from London... But that day was cool, in Stoke On Trent.

Edited by Snake-Pit
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...

Searched forums to see if there's a topic about this and found this. Laughed out loud at that quote about fighting George and Keith :lol: 

Did any of you listen to his new solo stuff? He officially released 2 tracks but he played like 9 new songs live. I saw him at a festival 10 days ago and he was great, voice sounds 10 times better than 2002-2014. Not really prime but good. Posted my 2 favorite new songs, they are much better than Beady Eye and a lot of late Oasis stuff. Nothing really groundbreaking but solid stuff