Don't Breathe

Turn_It_Up

Anyone else catch this this weekend? No spoilers, but really tense with strong writing, direction and cinematography.  Becoming a big Fede Alvarez fan.

Conjuring 2, Lights Out, this and now Blair Witch coming in mid Sept. A nice run! 

Edited by Turn_It_Up

16 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Saw it tonight and it was great. The audience I saw it with was a shit, young college audience who ruined some scenes with immature remarks and snickers, but overall I really enjoyed it. Definitely look forward to watching it again.

Yeah, my audience was pretty much the same, but I knew what I was getting with a Friday 10:30pm showing, opening night. Flicks like this especially fun seeing with a rowdy crowd, but always 1 loser or loser group in the theatre.  :lol:

Russ and Zo, go see it and don't read the reviews before seeing. Best to just go along with the ride. And you WON'T be bored.

Will definitely see it again...

• 4 weeks later...

Went to the morning show so I was the only one in the theatre. 

Besides the final battles going on a little too long, a couple silly plot holes and the oldest cliche in the world, this was a pretty solid movie. The blind dude walks by the main characters and can't smell them. But then midway through the movie he suddenly attains the ability to smell where they are? And if I'm ever trapped or being chased by a villain and I end up knocking them unconscious, I'm not leaving them and going about my business. I will tie their hands and feet up, or break their ankles, or cut their ankle tendons. But in horror movies they just knock the bad guy  out and leave him, then minutes later he regains consciousness and starts attacking again. It's lazy writing, IMO. 

I watch every horror/thriller that comes out and this was a very solid B-plus. Very entertaining. 

• 1 month later...