New HBO show Westworld

The trailers look great and I have been hearing very positive things about this new HBO show based on the old Movie with Yul Brenner........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuS5huqOND4

It has an amazing cast and have to believe anything with Sir Philip Anthony Hopkins will be a decent watch............

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Ok so I watched it

It seems interesting and weird.

Why don't they stop Ed Harris from killing everyone?

Ha Ha I thought the same thing.

They seem to be seeing what everyone is doing but him.

What the hell is he looking for?

I actually felt sorry for the retired robots. The one that was the dad seemed very upset and I think I saw tears in his eyes, but they aren't supposed to show emotion, right? Going to be trouble.

1 minute ago, Slash787 said:

So no one watched the 2nd episode? 

I did and I really liked it. So I guess all those robots not sure what to call them are remembering past lives they played.

That English guy is such a dick. I'm glad Anthony H shot down his stupid idea.

Even though they are not real, I'm still feeling sorry for the robots. I think the humans are degrading them and I don't like it.

I think this show is just going to get better. I'm curious to see how it keeps going and how Ed Harris is going to find this maze?

4 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I did and I really liked it. So I guess all those robots not sure what to call them are remembering past lives they played.

That English guy is such a dick. I'm glad Anthony H shot down his stupid idea.

Even though they are not real, I'm still feeling sorry for the robots. I think the humans are degrading them and I don't like it.

I think this show is just going to get better. I'm curious to see how it keeps going and how Ed Harris is going to find this maze?

They should introduce a proper story, its like bits and pieces, but Ed Harris Character is pretty good, at least he has a mission lol

Spoiler

I felt bad when he shot that guys wife and other friends. 

Well I think last night was more explanatory. You did see how the "host" people come to the world and how they get on the train.

The first episode was a little less but I think they wanted you to think James Marsden's character was human. I think that was a cool twist.

Since I recently watched the original movie on cable, I knew what the background story was about people paying for their western fantasies.

Ed Harris' character has a whole other thing going on. And Anthony Hopkins has some idea too. It will be interesting to see where it all goes.

At least it's not the same old shit.

13 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Just read one of the human characters is another Heimsworth. younger brother to Chris and Liam. Forget his name. lol

Read it in the People magazine that I seem to be getting for free since I never ordered it.

Luke Hemsworth, he is the oldest brother,  he is the guy who is monitoring the park.

Watched Sunday's episode. This show has me hooked.

I remember now the robots are called "hosts".

I'm pretty sure Anthony Hopkins is nuts. lol

I'm also curious if these hosts memories are based on real people?

Seems the hosts are changing the storylines now. Didn't see Ed Harris this week, but I'm sure he's still looking for that maze. I'm sure other hosts/people will find it too.

I feel bad for James Marsden's character. Every hosts he plays gets a gruesome death.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay watched Sunday's episode last night.

I honestly think everyone is a "host" except Ed Harris's character.

I say this because everytime I think a character is human coming to the park to experience their fantasy, they turn out to be a host.  I was shocked by a character reveal last night because I thought they were human.

I think that maze has either the guy who made the park and is thought to be dead or he found a way to keep his brain alive. I'm so curious because it seems many characters are headed for this maze whether they know it or not.

Not sure the Anthony Hopkins' character is human or not? Check out the conversation he has with Ed Harris.

Who is the little boy? I think it's AH as a child. Why not sure? lol

I just love how this show makes me question everything I'm seeing.

Can't wait to see where this will all lead.

22 hours ago, Daedalus said:

Episode 5 was intense!

Shit is about to get real.

Yeah, but who is "real" and who isn't? Such a good show. Seems to keep you guessing and I love when a show isn't predicable. Finally, something different on tv.