New HBO show Westworld

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 31/12/2016 at 9:37 PM, SunnyDRE said:

Hide contents

I still don't think I understand why Dolores killed Arnold.

Help?

Spoiler

What I understood is that Arnold thought the hosts had conscience, so he thought it was wrong to open the park and use them like that,cause they were alive, godamnit! Dolores proved that by figuring out his maze. So he told her to kill all the hosts and himself, cause Ford wanted to open the park anyway, but Arnold was key in making the hosts and all, I think he wrote the codes and stuff, so without him, he was hoping Ford would be unable to open the park. 

That's what I got out of it. What I want to know is:

Spoiler

Did Ford program Maeve to do all that shit and did he program Dolores to kill him too? Was that a Host of Ford or the real thing? Aaaand what the fuck were those samurai? Hahaha. Are there other parks with different themes?

Edited by Deb Rose

I knew the show was a mess from the pilot episode - it was all over the place, character introductions were vague, didn't know who we were supposed to be invested in and why? But I like the idea and stuck with it to the end and lo and behold my suspicions were confirmed: it has too many ideas. The premise of the show is simple, yet John Nolan Rube Goldbergs it so it appears to be something more than it really is and needs to be. I'm not sure what purpose the memory timeline served, in the end didn't reveal anything that affects the story, nothing is discovered. When the show spends so much time EXPLAINING stuff, then I tune out. In the series finale, none of the characters DISCOVER, they are told stuff, usually huge blocks of exposition.

I do love that the revolt is led by the hooker and her story is fascinating, simple and on point. It kept me watching.

2 hours ago, Angelica said:

Just watched the pilot. So basically, they've resurrected the failed mid 00's show Dollhouse, but without fixing the problems that sunk it in the first place? 

Not quite. It has been developed to something more substantial I think. Just a suggestion, but maybe you should keep watching.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2017 at 6:42 PM, Angelica said:

Just watched the pilot. So basically, they've resurrected the failed mid 00's show Dollhouse, but without fixing the problems that sunk it in the first place? 

You need to keep watching.

This show is special. Open your mind.