Phil Rudd: "I don't really want to play with Axl Rose... I don't really rate him."

nikosgnr

philruddheadjobpromo3_638.jpg

"If Angus [Young, AC/DC guitarist] wanted me to play, then that is up to him... but I don't really want to play with Axl Rose [current AC/DC touring vocalist]... I don't really rate him. Geoffrey [Spencer, who plays in Phil's solo band] is a great guitarist, just as good as Malcolm [Young, retired AC/DC guitarist], [and even] better than [him], if you ask me."

Funny thing Phil.. Neither Angus wants to play with you.
  • Like 2

So he's outlining the terms to rejoin a band that he hasn't been invited back to, and probably never will be?

In other news, I will join Guns N Roses on their tour if they agree to give me one of Slash's goldtops, Melissa feeds me Swedish Fish before every show, and they play Locomotive.

Edited by Reclamation Project
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Reclamation Project said:

So he's outlining the terms to rejoin a band that he hasn't been invited back to, and probably never will be?

In other news, I will join Guns N Roses on their tour if they agree to give me one of Slash's goldtops, Melissa feeds me Swedish Fish before every show, and they play Locomotive.

He's not outlining terms. He was obviously asked if he ever sees himself playing with them again, and that was his answer. So what if he doesn't like Axl.  

He has every right to have an opinion on AC/DC.  He was with them for their whole classic period and plays on all of their greatest albums.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, bigpoop said:

He's not outlining terms. He was obviously asked if he ever sees himself playing with them again, and that was his answer. So what if he doesn't like Axl.  

He has every right to have an opinion on AC/DC.  He was with them for their whole classic period and plays on all of their greatest albums.  

And? He's obviously just bitter that he's not in the band anymore. He's saying shit he wouldn't be saying if he didn't fuck up and get kicked to the curb. If he really though Mal wasn't that great of a guitarist, I doubt he'd have stuck around as long as he did. 

32 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

And? He's obviously just bitter that he's not in the band anymore. He's saying shit he wouldn't be saying if he didn't fuck up and get kicked to the curb. If he really though Mal wasn't that great of a guitarist, I doubt he'd have stuck around as long as he did. 

And he has a right to his opinion. I was responding to the person who said in 'other news I'll be joining GNR' as if to say Phil's comments are equally preposterous.

But Phil is not just some random schmo on the internet.  His one of the main AC/DC guys. One of the main reasons their best stuff sounds the way it sounds. 

No secret he and Malcolm didn't get along.  Big deal. Axl said Slash was cancer! He has never recanted that statement. People say shit.

• Like 1

Let's not forget that the whole murder thing was because Phil got pissed that his solo album flopped. Did anybody here give it a listen? Let's just say it wasn't the lack of promotion or interest in a Phil Rudd solo album that made it flop... Yet, I own it. Probably the only copy it sold in Canada.

But yeah, the guy has become completely nuts. The guitar playing on his album doesn't hold a candle to Malcolm, but that goes without saying. Also, Axl or not, Phil would be on the first plane if he was called back so I think it's just the bitterness talking.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Also, Axl or not, Phil would be on the first plane if he was called back so I think it's just the bitterness talking.

True, I guess he is pissed that why hasn't any one called him.

He knows that AC/DC is over for him, so thats why he is saying such things.

I won't be surprised to see some more interviews of him like this. 

You gave everyone a fair chance.

Angus: “Yeah.”

Axl: “And then when they didn’t show up for some reason again…”

Angus: “He was in the alleyway!”

Axl: “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer…”

What’s the latest with Phil [Rudd, former drummer who was arrested for threatening to kill a former employee last year]?

Angus: “Phil I haven’t heard from. He’s been very quiet of late.”

Axl: “I’ve talked to him about these other singers, though!”
Read more at http://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/nme-exclusive-acdc-and-axl-rose-interviewed#5jGiMjaBeem23JcG.99

More importantly Phil Rudd just had a heart attack and planned to tour in UK and Europe next year.

"I was just at home walking around at home, and I started feel, well just funny. You know how you can feel funny? I had a strange pain in my chest. So my housekeeper took me to the hospital, when they hooked me up and did all these tests turned out I had a big heart attack...my artery was all blocked up, and they said I had to stay in and have an operation."

"I sneaked out to the shop to get some cigarettes, then I realised I had no car, so I walked home to get the Ferrari, and drove back to the hospital."