New Beatles Documentary

Len Cnut

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

John was always the coolest ;)

He was, but my fav. Beatle was George. 

You know its my dream that Paul and Ringo get together with Julian/Sean and Dhani and tour under The Beatles name, that would be just amazing.

Dhani just looks like George. 

• Like 1

Just now, Slash787 said:

He was, but my fav. Beatle was George. 

You know its my dream that Paul and Ringo get together with Julian/Sean and Dhani and tour under The Beatles name, that would be just amazing.

Dhani just looks like George. 

George was great as well! and what a cool thing if that happened. and yeah he does look like George :)

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

All that is covered on the Anthology though, Imelda Marcus, the Budokan, the record burnings in America, etc.

True, i dunno, i suppose its further in depth, perhaps its just been a few years since 1995 and they figure theres a few quid in givin' it another lap round the park.

Speaking of the Anthology I ordered another copy of the 10 disc 1993 Directors Cut off the internet, my old copy was knackered.

Edited by Len Cnut

The road crew was Neil Aspinall (archive interviews in the documentary, probably from Anthology/Directors Cut) and Mal Evans (who died 40 years ago), and Brian their manager. That was it. Then they had to rely on cops and security in each city. 

A band playing Sunday brunch has more help than these "lads" did. And when they weren't recording, they were in the studio. Making movies had to have felt like a vacation to them, esp. Help! and Magical Mystery Tour. 

Apple had been trying to figure out how to get the Hollywood Bowl album reissued, but I thought they were going to release Live at Shea Stadium, which probably will be the highlight of the documentary. 

Ron Howard had also put the word out to people he was looking for fan footage and stories from them, as well as stuff that had surfaced since the Anthology came out. In some ways it's like Dylan's "No Direction Home" capturing "what the big deal was". Anthology was more of a journey from the creation to breakup. 

I figured there were going to be more celeb interviews, but all I saw was Eddie Izzard, Whoopi Goldberg & Elvis Costello mentioned. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Going to see this Monday night on the big screen. Really looking forward to it.

I just listened to the new Hollywood Bowl cd that was released in tandem with this docu., it sounds great and bonus songs were cool (looks like the well ain't quite dry yet).

Quite true about

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

They still haven't put out the Let it Be film officially. And I'm not meaning specifically dvd or bluray or the current new format as they never bothered to release it on VHS.

Quite true.
I've had a decent bootleg for years, but am still hoping for an official release.

Edited by Zint

Well the new documenary just aired on cable TV here.  I watched about 10 minutes of it and stopped.  It was hard to turn it off but still want to see it on the big screen.

It seemed very much like Anthology but there was stuff I hadn't seen before. The live footage looked very fresh and polished so that was cool.