Met Axl Rose last night!!!!!!!!!!

On 1-9-2016 at 1:45 AM, Dick Jagger said:

Great pic man! Congrats! Now to chime in on the new sub-topic of asking about Izzy. If I was in the thread starters shoes, I would definitely have made a point of not asking about Izzy, any bs regarding the original 5 beefs, splits,  past loves et cetera. That would be kind of silly knowing Axl, (particularly with that chick holding the "Where's Izzy" sign.) Kind of rude as well. I wouldn't even bother asking about new music (even though that's a perfectly reasonable question to ask)  because it's not like they will have time to start recording between Axl's ACDC schedule  and this GNR tour that will keep going probably through most of next year. I would be nice, chill and polite. Many rock stars appreciate that much more anyways. He may be totally cool about it anyways but why bother? A pic and a handshake would suite me just fine.

If one was to ask about Izzy I would wait until after the pic, lol. I don't think you'll get the half smile this guy got. Probably the full frown. :)

Well, I don't treat rockstars and celebrities any different from non-famous people. I find THAT embarrassing. They poop the same as everyone else, you know. That being said, I really don't understand what's ''rude'' about asking a guy in a band a very obvious question concering his band... it's nothing personal or weird, it's a normal question.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, EvanG said:

Well, I don't treat rockstars and celebrities any different from non-famous people. I find THAT embarrassing. They poop the same as everyone else, you know. That being said, I really don't understand what's ''rude'' about asking a guy in a band a very obvious question concering his band... it's nothing personal or weird, it's a normal question.

Sure it's a normal question for most people in most bands and many of them probably wouldn't care or find it rude, but  look at it from Axl's perspective too. As I noted earlier, it didn't sound like he appreciated that question posed on a sign in Tennessee and why should he? That  is basically implying "I'm not fully satisfied with this finished product your presenting me!" Now whether they mean to imply that or not (and I'm betting most people wouldn't) really doesn't matter. Even though we all poop the same we also all have different ways of looking at and interpreting things. It would have been awesome if Izzy was involved but he wasn't and I accepted it when I bought a ticket and walked into NRG Stadium.

If I first meet anyone, particularly a celibrity, I wouldn't want to bring up something I had a feeling they weren't comfortable talking about. Especially if that celibrity could be a little sensative on certain issues. That's all I'm saying. I see he just addressed this question anyways.

Edited by Dick Jagger
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dick Jagger said:

Sure it's a normal question for most people in most bands and many of them probably wouldn't care or find it rude, but  look at it from Axl's perspective too. As I noted earlier, it didn't sound like he appreciated that question posed on a sign in Tennessee and why should he? That  is basically implying "I'm not fully satisfied with this finished product your presenting me!" Now whether they mean to imply that or not (and I'm betting most people wouldn't) really doesn't matter. Even though we all poop the same we also all have different ways of looking at and interpreting things. It would have been awesome if Izzy was involved but he wasn't and I accepted it when I bought a ticket and walked into NRG Stadium.

If I first meet anyone, particularly a celibrity, I wouldn't want to bring up something I had a feeling they weren't comfortable talking about. Especially if that celibrity could be a little sensative on certain issues. That's all I'm saying. I see he just addressed this question anyways.

Ok, this is what I mean.... your words: ''particularly a celebrity''. Fame means nothing... the guy in your local supermarket isn't more or less important than someone who happens to be famous. I hate it when people look up to celebrities... that's why I also never understood the autograph concept. Why would I want a piece of paper with someone's name on it? I understand admiring someone for their talent, but I admire my postman for bringing me my mail every day too even in the rain, but I'm not asking him for his autograph either.

Anyway, I don't think asking this question would be implied as "I'm not fully satisfied with this finished product your presenting me!" as you put it. I don't think Axl is slow in the head, I'm sure he, and everyone else, understands that almost everyone wants to see the AFD 5 up there and how popular Izzy is. So it's really one of the most obvious and normal questions to ask. But that's just my opinion.

On September 1, 2016 at 8:56 PM, SEANAXL21 said:

by the fence by his tour bus he walking out from the show with Fernando and Beta they are very nice I just called his name and asked him for an autograph he was very cool met him at the AC/DC concert in Ft Lauderdale FL also got a picture with him what a great night I have been trying for years!!!!!!!!!

What time and where at in FLL did you find him? I tried but no luck!

1 hour ago, gnr5 said:

What time and where at in FLL did you find him? I tried but no luck!

2:00 am by the fences by the tour buses at the BB&T Center. He came walking out and nobody recognized him but me!! So I said Mr Rose can I have your autograph he said sure man he came right over IT WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!! I have been trying for years!!! Thanks for the question man hope it helps 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, EvanG said:

Ok, this is what I mean.... your words: ''particularly a celebrity''. Fame means nothing... the guy in your local supermarket isn't more or less important than someone who happens to be famous. I hate it when people look up to celebrities... that's why I also never understood the autograph concept. Why would I want a piece of paper with someone's name on it? I understand admiring someone for their talent, but I admire my postman for bringing me my mail every day too even in the rain, but I'm not asking him for his autograph either.

Anyway, I don't think asking this question would be implied as "I'm not fully satisfied with this finished product your presenting me!" as you put it. I don't think Axl is slow in the head, I'm sure he, and everyone else, understands that almost everyone wants to see the AFD 5 up there and how popular Izzy is. So it's really one of the most obvious and normal questions to ask. But that's just my opinion.

I'm not talking about LOOKING UP TO CELEBRITIES! I really don't think you understand what I'm talking about which is why you're twisting my words around. Because they're celebrities they get asked the same questions all of the time, price to pay for fame sure, but that doesn't mean it can't get pretty freaking annoying after a while (weather you're a celebrity or not.) Who (other than you) said Axl is slow in the head?! He's obviously a smart guy but with a volatile disposition. If I met him I wouldn't want to test that (although if I was a 16 or 17 year old kid again, I might have asked that about Izzy?)

Dude, do you know how many rock stars I met back in the day? Faith No More, Jerry Cantrell, Pantera, Danzig, White Zombie, Ministry, Black Sabbath, Trent Reznor, Queens Of the Stone Age, Iggy Pop, Social Distortion, Soundgarden, Motorhead and too many more to list. Most of these meetings occurred in the mid to late nineties (when I was a kid and really went out of my way to meet these people.) During that time I learned the best possible meeting experience was to give em space (after I show if I couldn't get to the venue during soundcheck which was always the best time to meet a band.) I remember talking to Glenn Danzig and some fan kept asking about the Misfits and reuniting with Jerry (a simple question yes but one many Misfit and Danzig fans knew he didn't like talking about), Glenn was like "nah, not happening man." Dude: "Well why not, it would be awesome I.... Glenn: "Dude it's just not happening." Now he was looking pretty annoyed at this point, off stage for only a couple minutes, came out to sign autographs for fans, people keep asking for pictures even though they clearly (and nicely) stated he wasn't feeling well and wouldn't do pics that night, but he would sign anything. A little later some of those people (after Danzig signed everybody's stuff and returned to the bus) were just bitch, bitch bitching. "Oh, he wouldn't take a picture with me! Waaaaaa, what a dick", et cetera... Danzig gave them a few inches and they were mad because he didn't give them a mile. They just couldn't understand that they were pushing they're boundaries lacking tact and common courtesy. Sure you may get away with more with say Chris Cornell or Mike Ness than you would GD or AR, but of all the known individuals that I've met or haven't met - Glenn, Axl (and Mike Tyson for that matter) are some I was a little more mindful regarding what I said around them.

Anyways, I hope you get to meet Axl one day and it's a positive experience!

38 minutes ago, Dick Jagger said:

I'm not talking about LOOKING UP TO CELEBRITIES! I really don't think you understand what I'm talking about which is why you're twisting my words around. Because they're celebrities they get asked the same questions all of the time, price to pay for fame sure, but that doesn't mean it can't get pretty freaking annoying after a while (weather you're a celebrity or not.) Who (other than you) said Axl is slow in the head?! He's obviously a smart guy but with a volatile disposition. If I met him I wouldn't want to test that (although if I was a 16 or 17 year old kid again, I might have asked that about Izzy?)

Dude, do you know how many rock stars I met back in the day? Faith No More, Jerry Cantrell, Pantera, Danzig, White Zombie, Ministry, Black Sabbath, Trent Reznor, Queens Of the Stone Age, Iggy Pop, Social Distortion, Soundgarden, Motorhead and too many more to list. Most of these meetings occurred in the mid to late nineties (when I was a kid and really went out of my way to meet these people.) During that time I learned the best possible meeting experience was to give em space (after I show if I couldn't get to the venue during soundcheck which was always the best time to meet a band.) I remember talking to Glenn Danzig and some fan kept asking about the Misfits and reuniting with Jerry (a simple question yes but one many Misfit and Danzig fans knew he didn't like talking about), Glenn was like "nah, not happening man." Dude: "Well why not, it would be awesome I.... Glenn: "Dude it's just not happening." Now he was looking pretty annoyed at this point, off stage for only a couple minutes, came out to sign autographs for fans, people keep asking for pictures even though they clearly (and nicely) stated he wasn't feeling well and wouldn't do pics that night, but he would sign anything. A little later some of those people (after Danzig signed everybody's stuff and returned to the bus) were just bitch, bitch bitching. "Oh, he wouldn't take a picture with me! Waaaaaa, what a dick", et cetera... Danzig gave them a few inches and they were mad because he didn't give them a mile. They just couldn't understand that they were pushing they're boundaries lacking tact and common courtesy. Sure you may get away with more with say Chris Cornell or Mike Ness than you would GD or AR, but of all the known individuals that I've met or haven't met - Glenn, Axl (and Mike Tyson for that matter) are some I was a little more mindful regarding what I said around them.

Anyways, I hope you get to meet Axl one day and it's a positive experience!

I have no idea why you typed all of this because it has nothing to do with what I said. I merely said that you shouldn't treat celebrities (or rockstars) any different from how you treat non-famous people. You shouldn't even be thinking... ''oh, maybe I shouldn't ask him that question because he's a famous rockstar''. Fuck that, they're just people. And I'm under the impression by your previous posts that you don't understand this logic. Maybe you do, but then you should choose your words more carefully.

Also, you should read more carefully, too, because I never said Axl is slow in the head. I said I don't think he is, meaning I don't think he's naive or dumb, and I said that to prove a point.

Anyway, this discussion is kinda pointless. Have a good day, though!

Edited by EvanG

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I have no idea why you typed all of this because it has nothing to do with what I said. I merely said that you shouldn't treat celebrities (or rockstars) any different from how you treat non-famous people. You shouldn't even be thinking... ''oh, maybe I shouldn't ask him that question because he's a famous rockstar''. Fuck that, they're just people. And I'm under the impression by your previous posts that you don't understand this logic. Maybe you do, but then you should choose your words more carefully.

Also, you should read more carefully, too, because I never said Axl is slow in the head. I said I don't think he is, meaning I don't think he's naive or dumb, and I said that to prove a point.

Anyway, this discussion is kinda pointless. Have a good day, though!

I said it because you keep inferring that I put rock stars or celebrity's on a pedestal! I didn't say you shouldn't ask him because he's a rock star, you tool! Ive given you many examples but people like you twist and manipulate to meet your own rationalizations  (wrong or right) so whats the point? I shouldn't have even replied the first time because you clearly don't fucking get anything I'm saying.! Hell yeah, you literaly said "Axl is slow in the head (I'm  guessing you're implying i said that which I obviously didn't?!) Your probably the type of person who provokes people, celibrity or not. You also don't seem to understand much about the history of this band (or Axl for that matter, lol) Either way you clearly won't understand so "why don't you just... FUCK OFF!" ;)

2016-09-05-14-31-45-856213173.jpeg

Edited by Dick Jagger

47 minutes ago, Dick Jagger said:

I said it because you keep inferring that I put rock stars or celebrity's on a pedestal! I didn't say you shouldn't ask him because he's a rock star, you tool! Ive given you many examples but people like you twist and manipulate to meet your own rationalizations  (wrong or right) so whats the point? I shouldn't have even replied the first time because you clearly don't fucking get anything I'm saying.! Hell yeah, you literaly said "Axl is slow in the head (I'm  guessing you're implying i said that which I obviously didn't?!) Your probably the type of person who provokes people, celibrity or not. You also don't seem to understand much about the history of this band (or Axl for that matter, lol) Either way you clearly won't understand so "why don't you just... FUCK OFF!" ;)

Ok, dude, I'm quoting myself now:

I don't think Axl is slow in the head, I'm sure he, and everyone else, understands that almost everyone wants to see the AFD 5 up there and how popular Izzy is. So it's really one of the most obvious and normal questions to ask. But that's just my opinion.

You do speak English, right?! Because "I don't think Axl is slow in the head''  isn't the same as ''Axl is slow in the head". You should really read more carefully.

Also, I already explained this... from your previous posts you implied something different than what you're trying to sell now, and that's all I reacted to. Let's leave it at that.

Edited by EvanG

6 hours ago, SEANAXL21 said:

2:00 am by the fences by the tour buses at the BB&T Center. He came walking out and nobody recognized him but me!! So I said Mr Rose can I have your autograph he said sure man he came right over IT WAS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!! I have been trying for years!!! Thanks for the question man hope it helps 

Damn! He left at 2am? I wonder what he did in that building until that time, I used to intern there but no longer have contacts. 

The fence you are talking about is actually pretty far from the building, he walked all the way over to the fence? Thats awesome

• Like 1

On September 1, 2016 at 2:17 PM, dalsh327 said:

What time did he come out and did the other guys in AC/DC come out and sign stuff?

2am all of AC/DC walked right by or got in a car couldn't see them!! I'm very lucky I got Axl's VERY LUCKY I will never forget that day, I met my Idol FINALLY!!!!

• Like 1