2002 VMA's rehearsal footage

14 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

I was going to post about this a few weeks ago, but I might be offered a job at Viacom soon.  I went through 3 rounds of interviews so I am thinking that is a good sign.  I promise that if I can get my hands on this I will find some one who can help me release it by using it in a trade for something else that is buried after which both would be made public.  It is so silly that this rehearsal is apparently in some fans' hands and they have purposely kept it unreleased.  What's funny is that I am sure the rehearsals are garbage and after 1 view I'd probably never watch them again.  But as a fan I just want to see it. 

Good luck with the job! 

17 hours ago, Slash787 said:

True, bucket should have been the only lead guitarist in the band. His solo songs are just amazing, such awesome guitar work.

Its sad he had to share duties with another lead guitar player, things like these can really cause tension between the band. 

Im sure he recorded a lot of other stuff which was never used, it just din't work like a proper band, they recorded stuff, then Axl and the sound editor just took bits and pieces and put between the songs.

Axl on vocals and just Bucket on lead could have taken Axl's solo band to another level. 

Robin has the best solos on the record.

I really like the way things are now but 2001-2003ish was a big WHAT IF- era.
What if Axl had released new album late 2002. What if live shows back 2001 and 2002 had been for showcasing new songs rather than hiding 1-3 new tunes somewhere between the oldies.

I feel that even with GNR-name that in 2001 and 2002 if he had played loads of new material with this new band, things might have gone differently. I think the biggest problem was that he was mostly doing older material with new group that didn't look like the band that could have wrote this stuff at all. If he had played 8-10 new songs with 8-10 classic hits things might have gone differently and this band could have been considered more like a real band. It just looks and feels weird to me to see guitarist like Buckethead to play songs like WTTJ and Patience. It just don't fit. In a weird way it's interesting tho.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2016 at 1:54 PM, WAR41 said:

I was going to post about this a few weeks ago, but I might be offered a job at Viacom soon.  I went through 3 rounds of interviews so I am thinking that is a good sign.  I promise that if I can get my hands on this I will find some one who can help me release it by using it in a trade for something else that is buried after which both would be made public.  It is so silly that this rehearsal is apparently in some fans' hands and they have purposely kept it unreleased.  What's funny is that I am sure the rehearsals are garbage and after 1 view I'd probably never watch them again.  But as a fan I just want to see it. 

Welp just found out they went with another candidate.  One day I hope to unearth this footage!

• Like 1

On 9/2/2016 at 10:54 AM, WAR41 said:

You're gonna get fired so quick if they catch you stealing company property

21 minutes ago, Chris 55 said:

You're gonna get fired so quick if they catch you stealing company property

Lol, thanks dad.  You don't have to worry about me because they went with another candidate.  And come on now... you really think I'd be that careless? 

You have something you're hiding that you don't want anyone else to get their hands on?  ;)

Robin Finck looks like an amateur guitarist compared to Buckethead. I can't believe Axl had Finck and Tobias playing next to him. Shows you what kind of horrible judgement Axl had with the 3 guitar idea and his generally horrible taste in music around that time. 

Needless to say, it's understandable why Slash was so offended by Axl forcing Tobias on him as well as the stupid idea to have another lead guitarist like Zakk Wylde join the band.

• Like 1

On 02/09/2016 at 2:06 PM, hudsonsaul said:

TBH I wouldn't pay stupid money for any hoarded bootleg, its ridiculous that folk put such extreme dollar values on these things. Each to their own though, if someone wants to fork out a small fortune so be it. 

I agree with your comments that whoever is hoarding this (if for monetary reasons) then they've missed the boat. However disagree with things like HOB. Those were iconic moments in the history of the band, I'd love to still see and would probably watch relatively regularly the first HOB show. Fascinating time around that particular show, here's hoping it eventually gets leaked and revealed. 

In the history of Axl maybe...

It wasnt Guns n Roses as far as im concerned. It was a mess.

On 02/09/2016 at 2:52 PM, -W.A.R- said:

agreed. they should have sold it to the highest bidder back in the day when there was still some mystique around GNR. now theres not much, if any interest in that stuff outside a hand full of fans. i personally don't care much at all about the VMA rehearsal tape. Im still interested in the HOB pro-shot but at this point it should just be a downloadable free-be.     

If a pro shot was to emerge of any era..  id want a pro-shot of the troubadour show this year.

Then anything from 86-93

i couldnt care less for anything in between.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RONIN said:

Robin Finck looks like an amateur guitarist compared to Buckethead. I can't believe Axl had Finck and Tobias playing next to him. Shows you what kind of horrible judgement Axl had with the 3 guitar idea and his generally horrible taste in music around that time. 

Needless to say, it's understandable why Slash was so offended by Axl forcing Tobias on him as well as the stupid idea to have another lead guitarist like Zakk Wylde join the band.

Let's not forget Axl also hired #thedementedone to play guitar in a band called GUNS N ROSES.

Actually, yes- let's forget! 

:lol:

• Like 2