02/11/17 - Sydney - ANZ Stadium

RussTCB

3 hours ago, nikosgnr said:

In spite all the whining™ and complaints™, I keep realising one thing only. So many fckn' years wasted..!

So sad some people here cannot see this and actually enjoy it. Stop feeding them. They are annoying as fuck.

I don't get it, are you saying Guns N Roses have wasted so many years and we should stop feeding them? 

Or that fans have wasted so many years feeding them? 

I guess I agree with the part about Guns N Roses having wasted so many years. They really missed out on some years that could still be considered their prime. 

However, they are all healthy and whatever road has led them to this point has seemingly kept each member alive and in a great place in life. So for what it's worth maybe this was the only road that could have been taken and allowed Guns N Roses to exist in 2017. 

If you just don't like whining and complaining then idk what to tell you. You'll need to close your ears and eyes forever 

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I don't get it, are you saying Guns N Roses have wasted so many years and we should stop feeding them? 

Or that fans have wasted so many years feeding them? 

I guess I agree with the part about Guns N Roses having wasted so many years. They really missed out on some years that could still be considered their prime. 

However, they are all healthy and whatever road has led them to this point has seemingly kept each member alive and in a great place in life. So for what it's worth maybe this was the only road that could have been taken and allowed Guns N Roses to exist in 2017. 

If you just don't like whining and complaining then idk what to tell you. You'll need to close your ears and eyes forever 

The band has wasted so many years being apart for all the known reasons. You should stop feeding the trolls and the whiners.

its crazy how short his screams have been getting...not that I blame him 

:44 and 1:31

:35 and 1:24 from Detroit 

i thought LALD was one of the most improved songs since Slash came back but now it's kinda back to its pre 2014 forgetful performance. And that's not just Bc he doesn't scream as long. The whole performance has gotten weaker 

3 hours ago, nikosgnr said:

The band has wasted so many years being apart for all the known reasons. You should stop feeding the trolls and the whiners.

You're going to hate my last post then. But I agree that the time has been wasted in one sense or another. I don't see the complaints stopping until we get the full scope of what this reunion will bring. So it may be a while 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well I'll not personally bother commenting on this rock band in future if I am annoying people this much, which (and I am a bit surprised in this regard) is evident by the number of likes rewarded to people insulting me tremendously on a personal level. I know where I'm not wanted. All I will say is the amount of times I have complained about such subjects as the 'setlist' or 'Axl's voice' can be counted on one hand, but I seem to be the hideous reprobate here (I rarely post!), and I have never claimed somebody's musical opinions are in anyway linked to their personal lifestyle (or lack of) - never done that.

It's ok, I got called a miserable cu*t last week. The majority of the people here just want everyone to pat Axl and the band on the back for being friends again...most didn't deal with the complete bullsh*t of the last 16 years that led to this point. When this band releases new material, does a serious interview, or actually shows up to a leg of a tour in fine form, then the people that want everyone to congratulate this band for simply playing Coma together can be justified. 

Until then I hope that the people who actually make fair points and bring in some criticism stay and keep the Mickey loving, my ears bleed to criticism people in check.

If I have to keep reading how Axl is on fire through Its So Easy and it's the best show yet through Chinese Democracy I'm going to lose my mind. No Axl didn't use rasp on You a Could Be Mine stop trying to make that a thing...there are a lot of things throughout the show to be complimentary of but making up blatant lies to make the performance better is sad. 

10 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

It's ok, I got called a miserable cu*t last week. The majority of the people here just want everyone to pat Axl and the band on the back for being friends again...most didn't deal with the complete bullsh*t of the last 16 years that led to this point. When this band releases new material, does a serious interview, or actually shows up to a leg of a tour in fine form, then the people that want everyone to congratulate this band for simply playing Coma together can be justified. 

Until then I hope that the people who actually make fair points and bring in some criticism stay and keep the Mickey loving, my ears bleed to criticism people in check.

If I have to keep reading how Axl is on fire through Its So Easy and it's the best show yet through Chinese Democracy I'm going to lose my mind. No Axl didn't use rasp on You a Could Be Mine stop trying to make that a thing...there are a lot of things throughout the show to be complimentary of but making up blatant lies to make the performance better is sad. 

I'm barely guilty of giving out any of these complaints though! Do you want to know how many periscopes of this I've watched? None. Clips? A few but not many. I find the whole thing so extremely dull that I never look at the setlists, let alone watch the clips. It is the exact same set so there is no interest there.

So to conclude I couldn't comment on ''Rose's voice'' now, or even ''Frank Ferrar's performances'' or ''what that girl is doing on the keyboard''! I have no idea on any of that stuff that I am being criticised for. Must of the stuff I post about Guns is glib remarks!

What is being proposed is a scenario where you are supposed to give undivided praise to this hybrid thingy or you are an arsehole - that is what is being demanded.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

I'm barely guilty of giving out any of these complaints though! Do you want to know how many periscopes of this I've watched? None. Clips? A few but not many. I find the whole thing so extremely dull that I never look at the setlists, let alone watch the clips. It is the exact same set so there is no interest there.

So to conclude I couldn't comment on ''Rose's voice'' now, or even ''Frank Ferrar's performances'' or what that girl is doing on the keyboard! I have no idea on any of that stuff that I am being criticised for. Must of the stuff I post about Guns is glib remarks!

Haha they must hate me then. I'll watch a periscope every third show or so to see if Axl's voice is getting stronger and find myself going off about the performance Bc if you read the thread without me it would sound like they just put on the best show since 88. 

I hate to ruin the fun but nobody else seems to have the heart to say how bad it is sometimes. 

You're obviously smarter than me if you figured out that things never change with this band. 

And im really not a bitter fan, I get quite excited about little improvements here and there. However I just feel like I'm in some twilight zone on some of these show threads when I hear people say "wow best Jungle ever!" And I'm watching it thinking "man Axl sounded weak, lots of Mickey, out of breath...wtf" so I pull up a video from August to show that Jungle was being performed much better than this and I get berated with comments saying "that was last year! He's 55 now of course he was better when he was 54...I'd like to see you try" First of all I'm not charging $100-400 to see my show and second of all their logic sucks. 

And like you said the ones who want to tell me to go to hell have 50 likes...I really never said anything offensive to anyone...I just was critical of the performance itself 

Oh well, you're doing it right though. The set hasn't changed, Axl isn't in 2010 form, his AC/DC voice is gone, Frank is Frank, they are currently coasting across the world raking in the cash. Can't say I blame the band 

• Like 2

Going to clean up some posts that are CLEARLY off topic and other posts which are personal attacks on users here.

Please do NOT ever personally attack anyone on this forum, stay on topic!   It is cool to disagree and state why but don't get into name calling and such.

If you had a post "disappear" you likely know why, if you don't know why feel free to PM me to discuss :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

i thought LALD was one of the most improved songs since Slash came back but now it's kinda back to its pre 2014 forgetful performance. And that's not just Bc he doesn't scream as long. The whole performance has gotten weaker 

You're going to hate my last post then. But I agree that the time has been wasted in one sense or another. I don't see the complaints stopping until we get the full scope of what this reunion will bring. So it may be a while 

IIRC, the majority of NITL shows have had a shorter LALD scream. Certainly, there were some concerts which had a long one, but that is the exception.

9 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

It's very hard to scream in 43 degree Celsius heat!!! It was hard enough to breath in it let alone sing or scream. 

• Like 1

I definitely think Axl has been getting worse on certain songs recently. Although we do know how messed up his voice has become due to improper technique. I think he's doing a decent job, although if he dedicated more time I think he could definitely do better and be more consistent. All in all I think they've been putting on great shows for the people going to see them.