Slash playing tonight ICON:THE LIFE AND LEGACY OF B.B. KING)

24 minutes ago, Gorthar said:

I am somewhat sad to see that Clapton wasn't there. He used to regularly jam with most of those guys and I've always wanted to see Slash jam with him. I guess his neuropathy has curtailed those sorts of activities.

I was gonna say I think it's because all these guys are the flag bearers for Gibson and Clapton is a Fender man. But Ms Tedeschi is playing a strat so :shrugs:... Joe Bonamassa has jammed with him multiple times.

Neuropathy? I'm not a Clapton fan. Is his health affecting his guitar playing?

Edited by Fitha_whiskey

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I was gonna say I think it's because all these guys are the flag bearers for Gibson and Clapton is a Fender man. But Ms Tedeschi is playing a strat so :shrugs:... Joe Bonamassa has jammed with him multiple times.

Jimmy Vaughn plays a Strat as well, plus Clapton an BB were close friends. I'm guessing Eric is no longer in guitar playing shape. Very sad if this is the case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/13/eric-clapton-reveals-nerve-damage-that-makes-playing-guitar-hard-work/

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gorthar said:

Jimmy Vaughn plays a Strat as well, plus Clapton an BB were close friends. I'm guessing Eric is no longer in guitar playing shape. Very sad if this is the case.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/06/13/eric-clapton-reveals-nerve-damage-that-makes-playing-guitar-hard-work/

I forgot about Jimmie Vaughn playing a strat as well. Didn't know that about Clapton. I have the album Ridin with the King with BB & Clapton. It's awesome.

Pretty awesome on Joe B's show Live at Royal Albert Hall when Clapton comes out to jam with him.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Slash has jammed with this Jimmy Vivino a couple times now and I think they would absolutely slay it on a blues album.. Would love to see that some day.

To this day I can not understand how is that stuff like that doesnt happen like once a year

Slash could do a blues album every year

Just get a drummer, a bass player, and a great rhythm player, press RECORD and there you fucking have it

i mean, come on, he could do a fucking terrific blues album sort of live-in-studio for next to no money!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Nice!!! Loving the sight of Slash morphing into a bluesman. I mean he really went all in with those solos, playing his ass off!!

Sidenote: I saw BB King, also with Susan Tedeschi and Buddy Guy live back in 2000 I believe it was. Incredible show. Tedeschi is one badass blueswoman. I wish she and Bonnie Raitt (another beast) would collaborate. 

Edited by Tiffani
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tiffani said:

Nice!!! Loving the sight of Slash morphing into a bluesman. I mean he really went all in with those solos, playing his ass off!!

Sidenote: I saw BB King, also with Susan Tedeschi and Buddy Guy live back in 2000 I believe it was. Incredible show. Tedeschi is one badass blueswoman. I wish she and Bonnie Raitt (another beast) would collaborate. 

Some of the better blues playing I've seen from Slash. Normally he botches these type of gigs and sounds pretty horrible, so much so I was a little worried when seeing this original thread open (similar I guess how ppl sometimes worry about Axl and his voice w/ some things). Seriously, normally he comes in with a screaming les paul doing heaps of generic badly timed repeated rock licks in these situations. That was heaps better, refrained playing, nice tones, good to listen too :), and finally hear him playing these tributes and nailing it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, hudsonsaul said:

Some of the better blues playing I've seen from Slash. Normally he botches these type of gigs and sounds pretty horrible, so much so I was a little worried when seeing this original thread open (similar I guess how ppl sometimes worry about Axl and his voice w/ some things). Seriously, normally he comes in with a screaming les paul doing heaps of generic badly timed repeated rock licks in these situations. That was heaps better, refrained playing, nice tones, good to listen too :), and finally hear him playing these tributes and nailing it.

Totally agree with this. I was watching a clip of him playing with BB King once and he just didn't sound good at all. It is hard to believe Slash would be 'intimidated' but that was the impression I got. His playing sounded tentative or something as if he were nervous and out of his comfort zone. I don't know if that's the case but that's how it sounded. In these clips here he really nails it!

12 hours ago, ludurigan said:

To this day I can not understand how is that stuff like that doesnt happen like once a year

Slash could do a blues album every year

Just get a drummer, a bass player, and a great rhythm player, press RECORD and there you fucking have it

i mean, come on, he could do a fucking terrific blues album sort of live-in-studio for next to no money!

Once a year would be great but I'd be happy with just once for now lol.. Seriously, he could record the thing in a week. Jimmy can sing and do the rhythm. Get Fitz on drums and just find bass player. I think it would be pretty fucking awesome.

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Once a year would be great but I'd be happy with just once for now lol.. Seriously, he could record the thing in a week. Jimmy can sing and do the rhythm. Get Fitz on drums and just find bass player. I think it would be pretty fucking awesome.

EXACTLY!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sc_gunner said:

This is as stripped down and dirty blues as it gets, and Slash nails it!  I too wish he would do a blues album one day.  He would kill it.

Thanks man, never seen that before. Who is that dude? The guy that sings backups and plays tambourine for the Stones?

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

Thanks man, never seen that before. Who is that dude? The guy that sings backups and plays tambourine for the Stones?

Never heard of the dude until sometime over the winter Slash tweeted a link saying to check him out.  In fact I love Slash's blues playing on that song so much I have not even tried looking up anything else this guy might have done.  It probably wouldn't compare to this song Slash played on.

• Like 1

On 9/3/2016 at 0:35 AM, Tiffani said:

I saw BB King, also with Susan Tedeschi and Buddy Guy live back in 2000 I believe it was. Incredible show. Tedeschi is one badass blueswoman. I wish she and Bonnie Raitt (another beast) would collaborate. 

Damn, girl, you're becoming my favorite new poster around here.  You know your shit!  :headbang:

• Like 1