NEW INTERVIEW: Axl and Duff Interviewed by Brazilian TV: "Where's Izzy" / "How did the reunion come about" / "New album" all discussed

Even though I do like Eddie Trunk, he doesn't have the appropriate platform for an interview of this magnitude at the moment. I'm sure this is something Axl and the boys discussed. That Metal Show is no longer around, so all he has is a radio show and a podcast. Those might be good platforms for B and C list rock stars, but not your A listers. No way in HELL Jimmy Page, Eddie Van Halen, etc, etc, is going to do those shows. Sure he can get Bret Michaels or the drummer from Ratt, but that's about it. 

I've had serious doubts that the FIRST major interview for the reunion would be with Eddie Trunk, I really did. I'm sure it's not anything personal, I'm sure they would RATHER have him do the interview. But he just doesn't have a big enough platform at the moment. I could see gnr doing a late night show, or rolling stone, etc first. Then maybe talk to trunk later.

If he still had That Metal Show, then yes. But he doesnt, so he didn't get the first interview, bottom line.

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Thats pretty annoying.

It is, it truly sucks. I know it's better than nothing but I'm very annoyed by this. I wish they would have held a press conference or recorded a video, whatever. This is just weird. I hope I'm wrong but I think we'll be disappointed at this.

Edited by emybdc

1 minute ago, emybdc said:

It is, it truly sucks. I know it's better than nothing but I'm very annoyed by this. I wish they would have held a press conference or recorded a video, whatever. This is just weird. I hope I'm wrong but I think we'll be disappointed at this.

But well this is something better than nothing.......but yeah I hope they had done something better.

1 hour ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

Even though I do like Eddie Trunk, he doesn't have the appropriate platform for an interview of this magnitude at the moment. I'm sure this is something Axl and the boys discussed. That Metal Show is no longer around, so all he has is a radio show and a podcast. Those might be good platforms for B and C list rock stars, but not your A listers. No way in HELL Jimmy Page, Eddie Van Halen, etc, etc, is going to do those shows. Sure he can get Bret Michaels or the drummer from Ratt, but that's about it. 

I've had serious doubts that the FIRST major interview for the reunion would be with Eddie Trunk, I really did. I'm sure it's not anything personal, I'm sure they would RATHER have him do the interview. But he just doesn't have a big enough platform at the moment. I could see gnr doing a late night show, or rolling stone, etc first. Then maybe talk to trunk later.

If he still had That Metal Show, then yes. But he doesnt, so he didn't get the first interview, bottom line.

i thought he was still looking for a home for TMS? if he went to a network or someplace like netflix or hulu and said i have the guys all agreeing to do an interview i'd think he'd find a new home ASAP. of course i'd only watch for that one interview, that show could be very tiresome with Trunk and the 2 stooges IMO!

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that does not say anything about what time it's on, if it's a show that i can access where i live and i assume from all the spanish it will be dubbed! but thanks soooo much for your concern

It's actually Portuguese lol the show starts at 9 pm (Brasília time) and ends at 11:30 pm. The interview will be aired some time between that, we have no way of knowing precisely when.

2 minutes ago, emybdc said:

It's actually Portuguese lol the show starts at 9 pm (Brasília time) and ends at 11:30 pm. The interview will be aired some time between that, we have no way of knowing precisely when.

Will it be like this?

Interviewer - Will there be any new music?

Axl - assim é a palavra