NEW INTERVIEW: Axl and Duff Interviewed by Brazilian TV: "Where's Izzy" / "How did the reunion come about" / "New album" all discussed

Wow.. Well... There's that

- Axl asking for slashs number. Good for him. Slash had tried to contact him and was rejected so, seeing Axl was man enough to contact him was the right thing to do. Glad it all worked out

- Axl and Slash were talking for awhile. Didn't have dinner together til October. So the mysterious interviewer who knew Axl and slash were friends in August knew something was up but, they were in fact in he process of working things out rather than full on friends

- Gotta love the Lebeis family. Axl has a great sense of humor. I still think they bring more positive than negative but it's fair to wonder if this could have happened sooner. 

- The Steven Adler situation is exactly as I called it. They clearly are working him back in gently for multiple reasons, back, history etc. Sounds like that will continue

- The izzy thing was awkward but has been a consistent Axl answer. "Hey we should do this", then izzy is in Trinidad riding cars that will die in two seconds. The way he said it tho.. Pretty clear they're agreeing to disagree with izzy but the band does want izzy back in. Izzy not being on stage is because izzy doesn't want to be so, the fans that want izzy, like myself, are being denied because izzy thinks he has a point. Cool. I guess :P 

- Nothing shocking on new music. So yeah, Axl clearly still owns the name and has the final say. Slash and Duff have heard Chinese leftovers, they would also like to write some new music. Cool. Hopefully we get something new before 2020. 

All in all cool interview.. Glad they did it. Should have happened in April tho. Whatever, better late than never 

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

Wow.. Well... There's that

- Axl asking for slashs number. Good for him. Slash had tried to contact him and was rejected so, seeing Axl was man enough to contact him was the right thing to do. Glad it all worked out

- Axl and Slash were talking for awhile. Didn't have dinner together til October. So the mysterious interviewer who knew Axl and slash were friends in August knew something was up but, they were in fact in he process of working things out rather than full on friends

- Gotta love the Lebeis family. Axl has a great sense of humor. I still think they bring more positive than negative but it's fair to wonder if this could have happened sooner. 

- The Steven Adler situation is exactly as I called it. They clearly are working him back in gently for multiple reasons, back, history etc. Sounds like that will continue

- The izzy thing was awkward but has been a consistent Axl answer. "Hey we should do this", then izzy is in Trinidad riding cars that will die in two seconds. The way he said it tho.. Pretty clear they're agreeing to disagree with izzy but the band does want izzy back in. Izzy not being on stage is because izzy doesn't want to be so, the fans that want izzy, like myself, are being denied because izzy thinks he has a point. Cool. I guess :P 

- Nothing shocking on new music. So yeah, Axl clearly still owns the name and has the final say. Slash and Duff have heard Chinese leftovers, they would also like to write some new music. Cool. Hopefully we get something new before 2020. 

All in all cool interview.. Glad they did it. Should have happened in April tho. Whatever, better late than never 

Great summary. ????????

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

Things were definitely edited out.. I thought the guy did a good job. People probably had him walking on eggshells.

Yeah it just frustrated me cuz that's the #1 thing I wanna know about is new music! Overall he did a good job. 100 times better than that dickhead at the China Exchange.

3 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Yeah the eyes is what caught my attention. And yeah after joking about Beta's family, when he tried to seriously answer the question he got very.. emotional.

I'll really try to stop judging all the TB thing, even tho i don't agree with some of their decisions ... Axl clearly loves them, and consider them his family, so just let the guy FINALLY be happy and enjoy his life and family

16 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Axl's answer about Steven was really bizarre. He has no idea about what's gonna happen with Steven? If he (or they) don't know, then who does? I thought he was gonna say something like "he might join us from time to time but Frank is our drummer now". At the same time, it kinda gives hope that he might have a bigger role once he's 100% recovered.

Also, unlike what everyone of us thought, it seems Duff wasn't that crucial on getting the reunion going.

Such a shame Slash wasn't part of the interview, especially considering this was just before they hit the stage, so he was obviously there.

Now it's safe to say Fantastico is the most fantastic tv show ever!! :D

Yeah I kinda got the vibe that they're open to anything with Steven. He said they wanted him a part of this from the beginning but adlers back surgery screwed that. Axl is open to anyone clearly, even a sorum or gilby but, one at a time..

5 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Yeah the eyes is what caught my attention. And yeah after joking about Beta's family, when he tried to seriously answer the question he got very.. emotional.

Yup.

And poor Duff over there :confused:

I always get nervous when people get emotional. Don't know what to do or say, lol.

5 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I kind of think he is always medicated.. I think he has always had mental health issues.. After Guns split he just got plain weird.. Maybe he is on some meds or something.

Hmm. Maybe yes and most mental diseases really change your look. There's a famous look for people with advanced Alzheimer for example.

3 minutes ago, Apollo said:

I blame it on a lack of intervening skills. I hear it a lot on podcasts. People never just ask a question and wait for the answer. Instead they ask the question...and then throw out options for the guest to choose from.  

This guy works in Globo, one of the most powerful media networks in Latinamerica and the world. There's no way this man lacks interviewing skills or is a newbie to the profession. Unexperienced people do not get to interview celebrities of this level.

8 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Yeah it just frustrated me cuz that's the #1 thing I wanna know about is new music! Overall he did a good job. 100 times better than that dickhead at the China Exchange.

New music will come.... They have only been together since April. From the sounds of it, there wasn't a whole lot of interaction before the April shows besides rehearsals.. They are all busy with commitments (like fronting AC/DC for one!). Let them get through this tour and I truly think we will see new music.. Just let it happen naturally.. They all have tons of material and Slash writes in his sleep.

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, hudsonsaul said:

Anyone got a link to interview? Has it been uploaded anywhere?

Keen to watch it before reading through comments/reactions on here :) 

Thanks

2 minutes ago, DIST said:

Is there a transcript?? 

Can't understand a damn thing..

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/216414-axl-duff-interview-coming-out-on-sunday/&page=21#comment-4260951

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Yeah but then again, what realistically could you expect? That interview told me what we needed to know.. They clearly wanted to ease into this. Like going into a pool not sure if the water is too cold so, dip your toe in and if you like it, start easing in... It's pretty clear there was never a huge plan for new music, they wanted to see if they could tolerate each other first. Now that they're getting along, hey ya never know

• Like 1

Courtesy of Slash's Fan Page...

"They share the complete interview with Axl And Duff for "fantastic".
Among the most important points:
- Axl he asked him to look for the number of slash.
- it all started over there from 2014.
- the interviewer when we talk about a new album, Axl nods.
- the first time that they were slash and axl was at a dinner party at the home of Axl.
- everything was going to happen before and even make a series of promos (? ), but had previous plans agreed.
- Axl has no idea about if izzy will participate with them at some point. With him one day is one thing and the other is another.
- Axl will be in AC / DC while angus so wants it."

2 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

It's a shame that when the interviewer asked what changed for the reunion to happen, Duff started talking about Chinese Democracy. I guess, he did it on purpose, he's a smart motherfucker haha. Loved Axl's joke about the layers, though.

Still can't believe we got a 15 minutes interview, this is fn' insane!! :heart:

Yeah hahaha thought the same, maybe he wanted to avoid an awkward moment.

• Like 1

Cool interview -- didn't seem like the typical fluff piece so kudos for that. Axl seemed a bit evasive (and sedated) -- Duff looked like he was following Axl's lead and seemed a bit nervous (imho). I didn't feel much camaraderie between Duff and Axl.I wonder if they were just tired or what the deal was -- I figured they'd be more energetic and vibing like old friends.

Re: reforming the band -- Zero enthusiasm on Axl's side, just a very clinical answer about the Coachella guy setting up the dates and then him calling up Slash, etc. 

*Re: Slash -- "What was it like to see Slash again? Awkward? ..." -- "Uh..we had dinner, then we went to rehearsals..." huh? How about -- "Well i hadn't seen him in 20 years -- it was great to see him again..." Just a strange way to answer that question considering you had just reconnected with an old friend again.

Re: band rehearsals -- Again, a strange reply from Axl. You'd think he'd talk about how it sounded great to hear them play together again -- that they hadn't lost a beat despite 20 years going by...nothing. Just a clinical answer like "we went to rehearsals. Slash and I had dinner. Duff and I hung out."

Re: Team Brazil - That portion was uncomfortable to watch. Just plain weird. He did not come off like a normal person at all when talking about this.

Re: Steven and Izzy - Super evasive, especially about Steven. Is he in or is he out dude? Again -- nothing about what it was like to play with Steven again after 25 years like "that was a lot of fun -- I had forgotten what it was like to play with him!" 

The vibe I get from this interview is that they haven't really patched up completely. It seems like more of a work in progress and they're just taking it a step at a time and trying to figure out things as they go. 

Edited by RONIN
  • Like 3

Damn.. That was a treat.. Still hard to believe this is happening... It was shaky at the beginning back in April but everyday it starts to feel a little more right.

Unfortunately I gotta crash.. Peace Out Gunners.. Have fun analyzing the fuck out of this one.. Can't wait to see what the interview is morphed into tomorrow hahah

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yeah I kinda got the vibe that they're open to anything with Steven. He said they wanted him a part of this from the beginning but adlers back surgery screwed that. Axl is open to anyone clearly, even a sorum or gilby but, one at a time..

Not so sure about Matt honestly, but I couldn't care less haha. As long as they're open to letting Steven have a bigger role and they're open to working with Izzy, then I'm 100% satisfied.

• Like 1