NEW INTERVIEW: Axl and Duff Interviewed by Brazilian TV: "Where's Izzy" / "How did the reunion come about" / "New album" all discussed

20 minutes ago, Apollo said:

No kidding. 

Earlier in the topic people were saying how sad it was that Axl had TB and no wife. He looked like he was holding back tears when he was talking about how much they've helped him in life. Guess posters on here don't know Axl as well as they think they do. 

Emotional? Really? I think he was taking his time to answer in a way that wouldn't fuel the fire. It seems that hes aware how some of us feel about TB.

11 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

Emotional? Really? I think he was taking his time to answer in a way that wouldn't fuel the fire. It seems that hes aware how some of us feel about TB.

This. He started the whole answer to team Brazil joking about them calling the shots.. Funny how some want to see it the other way I guess :lol::rofl-lol:

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

Makes sense. I was expecting more Adler than we got once he actually appeared, certainly gives hope that he's in the plans for the future. I still question the izzy thing..

This is the news I was hoping for regarding Steven. In the beginning of this thing, the impression that I had was that Steven would be along for the ride, full time. This interview gives the impression of that being the initial plan until his injury changed everything. That's what I would like to believe at least. Hopefully he will take on more of a permanent role over the next year or so. I don't expect that too soon as back injuries and surgeries are major, Steven isn't a Spring chicken anymore and healing will take longer for him especially when it comes to sitting on a throne with no back support and playing for nearly 3 hours every other day with rehearsals inbetween. 

14 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

This. He started the whole answer to team Brazil joking about them calling the shots.. Funny how some want to see it the other way I guess :lol::rofl-lol:

Hey, I respectfully honor your opinion.

Edited by Mararoyce
Spelling

Its fantastic to see Axl give an interview and hear his voice (other than at a gigg). Its fascinating to hear him talk with another original member.

The interviewer did ok... i wouldnt say he was exceptional. He asked the new music question.. and all he had to do was be quiet and wait for an answer before he tried to back track and turn it into something else.

The answer regarding TB wasnt weird at all. It just shows what that family means to him. One fascinating part of that answer was his sarcasm about them holding him hostage. Axl is obviously aware of whats been said about them/him..etc. I wouldnt be surprised in the least that he knows what gets said on this particular forum or HTGTH.

I was slightly disapointed that the interview wasnt more in depth/professional.. it kind of seemed a bit sketchy in terms of its delivery and how it was produced... there was definitely cuts in those answers.

All in all.. nice to see Axl smile too... he seems like a cool dude, a very intense dude, but everytime he speaks, it really is at odds at the perceptions that have been built up around him.

40 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

You really expected different? Seriously? 

Just so you know... Slash was NOT there

Not really completely surprising, but he was much more comfortable during the China Exchange Q&A. In this interview he had a lot more pauses as he  thought about what he wanted to say and fiddling with things such as his boots and jeans here than he did in the China Exchange video. 

Not sure what Slash not being there has to do with anything? Is he not comfortable being interviewed for a TV show because Slash is not there?

53 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

Interesting viewpoint. It's crazy how varied people's views are on Axl. Some say they love him because of his not giving a f*ck attitude and that he does whatever he wants.  But you think he would temper his answer about his "mom" and "family" so as not to upset a small group of posters on a fan forum? Wouldn't that make him a huge pussy? To refuse to give an honest answer about the person he considers his mom just so he wouldn't make 8 GnR nerds angry?

35 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

Its fantastic to see Axl give an interview and hear his voice (other than at a gigg). Its fascinating to hear him talk with another original member.

The interviewer did ok... i wouldnt say he was exceptional. He asked the new music question.. and all he had to do was be quiet and wait for an answer before he tried to back track and turn it into something else.

The answer regarding TB wasnt weird at all. It just shows what that family means to him. One fascinating part of that answer was his sarcasm about them holding him hostage. Axl is obviously aware of whats been said about them/him..etc. I wouldnt be surprised in the least that he knows what gets said on this particular forum or HTGTH.

I was slightly disapointed that the interview wasnt more in depth/professional.. it kind of seemed a bit sketchy in terms of its delivery and how it was produced... there was definitely cuts in those answers.

All in all.. nice to see Axl smile too... he seems like a cool dude, a very intense dude, but everytime he speaks, it really is at odds at the perceptions that have been built up around him.

Great response. 

• Like 1