NEW INTERVIEW: Axl and Duff Interviewed by Brazilian TV: "Where's Izzy" / "How did the reunion come about" / "New album" all discussed

9 hours ago, Apollo said:

Oh most definitely. 

Right now Axl is the clear MVP of the music world in 2016. 

What Axl is doing right now has never been done before (as far as I know).  Front two Hall of Fame bands on tour in the same year? And for both tours to be HUGE successes? It's unbelievable. 

The real key is how he follows it up. Another year of non-stop touring with GnR, just continuing the nostalgic tour and milking it for all the big bucks they can?

Or will 2017-2018 be the year he decides to share music with his fans? 

If GnR released a new album in 2017 and Axl released the "best of the rest" of the CD songs say on an EP or made them available on ITunes? Now we are talking A territory. 

And holy cow. Imagine also releasing an AC/DC album with Axl on vocals? That would just be mind blowing. 

Axl is definitely reastablishing himself as the most important singer in rock music right now. 

He could absolutely seal the deal and squash a lot of that negativity that built up over the last 20 years if he simply opened up the vault and shared some of that stuff with the fans. New music, old video footage, old pro shot concerts. Millions of fans would kill for those things!!!!!

Exactly i completely agree, lets keep our hopes up and cheer to these times! What ya think about the interview btw?

I hope this doesn't come across as disrespectful because it's not meant to be, but has anyone else noticed the difference in Axl's speech? It's quite slurred. Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on there? Drink? Medication?

Look over old interviews and he was always very clear. 

Strange.

axl referring to angus as 'his boss'

never thought id see the day axl would consider someone as his boss. that is so outrageous, it  

seems that comment went over everyones heads. a bit like when you see an ufo and your brain filters it and all you can say is.... 'wut?'

• Like 2

Man this interview was really awesome, I would say the best birthday gift ever, I din't expect them to talk so much.

It was nice to hear something on Steven and Izzy.

It seems things din't work out between Izzy and them and I guess its cause of Money. 

• Like 1

Speculation on the Izzy issue, based on Axl's answer in combination with his reaction on the "Where is Izzy?" sign at a show ("That's a good question; that's all you're gonna get" - laugh):

It seems that Izzy has been ambivalent about the whole thing and whatever he was offered. Maybe finally he said to them something like "ok, we'll talk" and they haven't heard from him since.

52 minutes ago, action said:

axl referring to angus as 'his boss'

never thought id see the day axl would consider someone as his boss. that is so outrageous, it  

seems that comment went over everyones heads. a bit like when you see an ufo and your brain filters it and all you can say is.... 'wut?'

No one expected that Axl would join another band as a hired hand in the first place; it has been a huge step and a big change. But then, no one can claim that he knows Axl and what's in his head. Now that he's doing it, his answer is not surprising at all and I think it's great that he likes having a job and a boss for a change.

Edited by Blackstar

Haven't read the thread yet but i'm really bummed that Axl basically dodged the point of the big questions i.e. How/why did you bury the hatchet and change your whole stance on having anything to do with Slash? How did the first phone call and meeting go? What did you talk about? Are you friends again or just business partners?

14 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Speculation on the Izzy issue, based on Axl's answer in combination with his reaction on the "Where is Izzy?" sign at a show ("That's a good question; that's all you're gonna get" - laugh):

It seems that Izzy has been ambivalent about the whole thing and whatever he was offered. Maybe finally he said to them something like "ok, we'll talk" and they haven't heard from him since.

No one expected that Axl would join another band as a hired hand in the first place; it has been a huge step and a big change. But then, no one can claim that he knows Axl and what's in his head. Now that he's doing it, his answer is not surprising at all and I think it's great that he likes having a job and a boss for a change.

How did Axl react to the Izzy sign?

People at GNR Truth have said that Izzy was asking for too much to do too little.

15 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Could be.

Do you remember the pics of the Troubadour's setlist? Dust 'n bones or 14 years was included so what I think is that at some point they had an agreement with Izzy and then he changed his mind. So there's nothing they can do about it until he changes his mind again and decides to join them, if that ever happens. 

That's my take on Axl's answer.

Edited by Jane M.
Whatever
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

How did Axl react to the Izzy sign?

It's in my post in brackets. When Axl noticed the sign, he said "It's a good question; that's all you're gonna get" (meaning probably that he didn't know more about it) and he laughed.

8 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

Could be.

Do you remember the pics of the Troubadour's setlist? Dust 'n bones or 14 years was included so what I think is that at some point they had an agreement with Izzy and then he changed his mind. So there's nothing they can do about it until he changes his mind again and decides to join them, if that ever happens. 

That's my take on Axl's answer.

Yes, I remember the Troubadour setlist pictures. This is what I make out from what Axl said, too.

37 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

When I was at Canter's Deli before the shows in April, Marc told me he though Izzy's problem was money. He didn't know for sure, but from what he knows of Izzy, he probably wanted to be a full time member and make as much money as Duff, Slash and Axl, and that wasn't on the table.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, emybdc said:

When I was at Canter's Deli before the shows in April, Marc told me he though Izzy's problem was money. He didn't know for sure, but from what he knows of Izzy, he probably wanted to be a full time member and make as much money as Duff, Slash and Axl, and that wasn't on the table.

Yes, probably Izzy wanted to be in the partnership and they didn't offer him that. Maybe he left it open to guest spot at some shows like Steven, but there has been no sign of him since then.

Edited by Blackstar

Its so hilarious how some of u just gets what u want from duff and axls words..

The inerview is right there, u can say whatever u want, but the REAL OFFICIAL THING is right there on video.

So please stop the bs and the "what axl or duff really said was...". Or  " that really means that..". Cause thats not healthy and it obviusly haves hatefull intentions.

Some of u used to made up things under the "till they do an statement or something" excuse.   Now we got that china thing and yesterdays awesome interview, and next thing u do is paraphrasing what u want  or puting words on their mouths??? And giving negative meanings??

Dear god,...

Aaaaanyway... Great and very informative interview.  We ( mentaly healthy ones with nice lifes outside the internet)  can all agree that it was wildly more informative of what we wanted to know that weve ever expected. 98 of the answers pretty much every gnr fan wants its right there.. Even the new music one.

Nice touh the marshal little amp and the les paul between axl and duff.

Im pretty sure we're gonna get more interviews like this on the next 3 to 6 months.

PEACE

Axl might be on some medication that calms your nerves (normal for a performer)...or just some marijuana , possibly drank a lot. Not sure what he does to get ready for a show but he clearly was spaced out a bit. 

And I read some say he was less open here, I imagine he was mad he had to give an interview right before his show started. But I thought he answered well. He seemed more interested in clarifying than answering. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dgnr said:

Give this man a cookie!

You sir knew it already. Thanks for sharing :) 

In August 2015 Axl told this swedish guy that he is cool with Axl now. Axl said they met eachother at a dinner in his house in October. And to me the whole thing sounds like: well there was this one short phone call and then we met in october. And then the next meeting was at rehearsals in spring 2016, where they decided to make a tour instead of coachella only. They are mature guys...i don't expect them to make Party, etc...but shouldn't there be more meetings before making business? 

To me the whole storyalsoo indicates that there are 0 new written songs so far...or let's say...0 Axl contributions. And if there will be a new album its a re-recorded CD 2+3 album...