NEW INTERVIEW: Axl and Duff Interviewed by Brazilian TV: "Where's Izzy" / "How did the reunion come about" / "New album" all discussed

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl might be on some medication that calms your nerves (normal for a performer)...or just some marijuana , possibly drank a lot. Not sure what he does to get ready for a show but he clearly was spaced out a bit. 

And I read some say he was less open here, I imagine he was mad he had to give an interview right before his show started. But I thought he answered well. He seemed more interested in clarifying than answering. 

You are suggesting that AXL ROSE takes something to calm his nerves to perform (medication)?  AHAHAHA have you ever seen Axl live?  Personally I think he seems exactly like Axl Rose

• Like 1

Just now, gunsguy said:

You are suggesting that AXL ROSE takes something to calm his nerves to perform (medication)?  AHAHAHA have you ever seen Axl live?  Personally I think he seems exactly like Axl Rose

Yea...he's admitted to stage fright and use to delay shows for hours to get in the right frame of mind. I wouldn't be surprised if him going out on time has been aided by something. 

I'm not saying it's messing with his performance. 

But then again he might have just woke up from a nap haha so I'm not saying I'm right either. Just a guess 

I really appreciate this...but on the other hand, I find Axl's apathy a bit disconcerting.

He doesn't even seem to be avoiding the questions, he simply looks like he doesn't have much more to say. No excitement, nothing to add.

"Yeah, Slash came. He played guitar. Frank was there too."

:lol:

Edited by The Glow Inc.
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, probably Izzy wanted to be in the partnership and they didn't offer him that. Maybe he left it open to guest spot at some shows like Steven, but there has been no sign of him since then.

If Slash and Duff were coming back.. And Izzy wanted to as well. He deserves much more than a guest spot. Kind of a slap in the face.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SEPTEM said:

Its so hilarious how some of u just gets what u want from duff and axls words..

You have to be true to yourself.. Just because someone says something doesn't mean it is true. Axl has said a lot of off the wall shit over the years. There will be some that take everything he says as gospel but he definitely has his own perspective on a lot of things. 

Anyway I think it was a good and pretty genuine interview. You could tell it was a bit edited and a few things were thrown in there to address some of the criticisms of the reunion.

All in all it was really cool to see. I had chills when the the guy started asking about Slash and how it went down.  I really want to start hearing more about that. 

After seeing that I don't think Axl has closes the door on anything regarding the AFD5. He seems to be a changed man. It seems they went into this with their eyes closed and wthout much "forethought" not knowing what would happen. Everything is going good so far. 

I am excited for the future and I think this South American tour is going to be off the fucking hook. Wish I could go.

• Like 1

I'm sure i've read somewhere that Axls "lives at night, sleeps during the day".

maybe he was sleepy?

if the reason are meds, he wouldn't be able to deliver kick ass performances. see Elvis.

I think it's a mixture of sleepiness and taking this all a lot less serious than people make of it.

Yes, like, it's normal that Axl wouldn't be comfortable with answering questions about a personal matter so sensitive to him as his relationships with Slash or Izzy in front of the whole world, even more so, when being emotional and talking freely got him quite a bad reputation and they said themself that the media fanned the flames of the feud, it's normal that they kept it short, sweet and with carefully choosed words so not to potentially jeopardize anything, again, it's a personal matter.

i think people are getting nervous over nothing.

• Like 1

What's everyone upset about? We all agreed it was a great interview, great questions, they responded well. I mean I wouldn't expect much about Slash considering he wasn't there. 

Anytime you get an interview there's going to be questions after. The big one will be when Axl and Slash sit down together and talk it to someone. 

I know some got upset that I mentioned Axl looked a bit dazed during the interview but really this is the best interview I've seen in years. The guy came in prepared with some great questions and it had a nice flow to it considering they were only given 20 min probably. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

Exactly i completely agree, lets keep our hopes up and cheer to these times! What ya think about the interview btw?

I thought it was fascinating. Axl is a very unique guy. 

Jokes about TB controlling him, getting emotional when talking about them, and giving some pretty honest and open answers. 

But then also showing he reads the forums and reviews and that he cares about what people think....and maybe tries to manipulate things a bit. Casually throwing out that the band purposely played around with tempo, and throwing out that the band - not him - chose to play CD songs. 

I thought it was very interesting that he was very casual and almost robotic when talking about GnR and the reunion. And the two times he got really excited and showed and showed emotion were when talking about TB and playing with Angus and ACDC. 

Im amazed people are praising the host. He messed up saying that Izzy had been touring, not Adler. And he never just asked a simple question and led Axl or Duff answer. He would ask a question and then throw out 15 seconds of possible answers. Like Axl and Duff couldn't comprehend or figure out his question without him giving them three possible answers. 

Loved hearing how Axl reached out to Slash. Hated not hearing the answer to the new music question. 

All in all, great interview IMO. Wish Axl and the band would do an hour with a better host. Axl almost always comes off looking pretty good in his interviews. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, dgnr said:

Give this man a cookie!

You sir knew it already. Thanks for sharing :) 

Ha ha..... no problem.  Living in NYC for decades and having various connections.... some looser than others... and a little bit of luck and coincidence, has its perks once in a while. ;)

6 hours ago, RooSaa said:

Yes, where was Slash? As it happened backstage at a concert, he was definitely there. So they maybe just wait for a better opportunity ( and more money) for an interview with both of them????

Sounds like that. Axl called Slash because of all the money he will get for a reunion show with him ....  many slaxl hearts may break as it was not because they wanted to be friends again ...

Yeah, because they have nothing better to do than talk to you about their deepest emotions related to their meeting again. Sure it was emotional, it really is enough to know how emotional they both were about it in the last 20 years to have no doubt about it but obviously it's their private business and what they're kindly sharing with you is the the account of the facts, the rest is personal and none of our business.

• Like 1

I wonder if this interview went so well because Beta was able to properly negotiate the terms with the host, where as in the US I wonder how many times things get fu*ked up bc English isn't her first language, and things they thought they agreed on don't happen so most of the time things just don't happen 

It's not about not wanting to share emotions because that's totally understandable...

it's about the fact that half the world considers an Axl / Slash reunion something akin to the second coming of Christ and after all these years of hatred, Axl has nothing to say about it other than "we talked about Coachella and he showed up and played Chinese Democracy songs with Frank".

I mean, surely, not necessarily disappointed as I don't really care about what they have to say other than about a new album but you can understand why people find it weird, no ?

• Like 1

Obviously that was a promo interview and not a detailed interrogation as some fans would have loved to see it. However for what it was I thought it was pretty good. Axl seems to be very relaxed and controlled these days. It was nice to see these 2 guys sitting on the couch together. Also the interviewer did a decent job for a promo interview, he might have phrased his questions in a "harmless" way but it gave Axl and Duff the option to elaborate on things they wanted to talk about. Loved how Axl discussed Izzy without really being asked about it.

Maybe next time we will have all 3 in the same room.... 

11 minutes ago, The Glow Inc. said:

It's not about not wanting to share emotions because that's totally understandable...

it's about the fact that half the world considers an Axl / Slash reunion something akin to the second coming of Christ and after all these years of hatred, Axl has nothing to say about it other than "we talked about Coachella and he showed up and played Chinese Democracy songs with Frank".

I mean, surely, not necessarily disappointed as I don't really care about what they have to say other than about a new album but you can understand why people find it weird, no ?

That's fair, if Slash was there I expect it would have been different. Maybe Axl imagined the first interview about this with a band member to be in a different setting so he held back with Slash not there. 

They still seem to not want to step on each others toes, or atleast speak for each other. I think that's what got them fighting in the first place (miscommunication) so now everyone's a lot more reserved when speaking about each other. 

Its going to be interesting when we get the big 3 in the same room for an interview. Really Howard Stern is the only setting I can imagine getting a full quality interview. Talk shows only give you so much time and Trunk isn't as big as he thinks he is.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Could be.

Do you remember the pics of the Troubadour's setlist? Dust 'n bones or 14 years was included so what I think is that at some point they had an agreement with Izzy and then he changed his mind. So there's nothing they can do about it until he changes his mind again and decides to join them, if that ever happens. 

That's my take on Axl's answer.

This is the first that I've heard of this. Picture, please?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Original said:

Kurt Loder or Stern would be awesome.  Will never happen though.  Is Loder even in the bis still?  And Axl won't do Stern, Howard is to frontal.   

Kurt does movie reviews at Reason magazine.  I actually saw him do a live interview of Kennedy for her book a couple of years ago (I'm a libertarian, as are both of them, so I run in those circles a little too).

Next day and I still think this is a great interview. I have realized that when I just listened to the interview instead of watched it I didn't get the same sense of nervousness that I got when I watched the interview the first time. I think, now that I watched it again, what made me feel that Duff and Axl were nervous was how fast they were breathing. Duff has his Interview Smile   plastered on his face through out most of the interview but he and Axl are both breathing pretty fast for just sitting on couches.

Being amped up for a show they are just about to walk out to would make anyone breathe fast  :lol:  Not that I would hold being a bit nervous about having bright lights shined on you so you can answer (possibly loaded) questions that will be shown on a national television station against anyone.

Edited by sanity_lost

Just now, Original said:

Kurt Loder or Stern would be awesome.  Will never happen though.  Is Loder every in the bis still?  And Axl won't do Stern, Howard is to frontal.   

I wouldn't want them to do Stern until they've discussed everything amongst each other including why the band broke up and what exactly went down bc Stern will go into them with "ok ok take me back to 96-98 whatever...what happened, there had to be one big incident that changed everything" 

the worst thing that could happen is they dive deep back into "that's not how it happened Slash quit lying" 

so if they do something like this then I pray they have already had these discussions and gone back and forth before they have a breakdown in front of the world.