NEW INTERVIEW: Axl and Duff Interviewed by Brazilian TV: "Where's Izzy" / "How did the reunion come about" / "New album" all discussed

1 hour ago, The Glow Inc. said:

It's not about not wanting to share emotions because that's totally understandable...

it's about the fact that half the world considers an Axl / Slash reunion something akin to the second coming of Christ and after all these years of hatred, Axl has nothing to say about it other than "we talked about Coachella and he showed up and played Chinese Democracy songs with Frank".

I mean, surely, not necessarily disappointed as I don't really care about what they have to say other than about a new album but you can understand why people find it weird, no ?

If he said more he opens himself to a) even more speculation that there are now b) follow up questions and there are two other options: 1) pour his heart out and well, it isn't our business and 2) dodge them and even more speculations will take place and having seen that people here are speculating to hell and back and we have 15 minutes, i see why they kept it short.

25 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

This is the first that I've heard of this. Picture, please?

Here it is.

On 29 de julio de 2016 at 6:21 PM, GoBucky said:

image.jpeg

This is in the "So...where's Izzy" thread if anyone is interested to know where the pic comes from.

Edited by Jane M.
Add info
  • Like 1

I think Axl was fine, I think Duff is fine. I think some are reading too much into every little thing. Did Axl give "cautious" answers? Yes. But that's because how he is now. I honestly feel that he likes to keep his private life, and private feelings, PRIVATE now. He just doesn't want to share the details of every little thing with everybody anymore. I'm sure there were some pretty emotional conversations that took place between Axl, Slash, and Duff but we will probably never know the details of those conversations. I get it, it's not a big deal to me. I don't think Axl likes being in the media anymore, he likes Guns n Roses being in the media, but not Axl Rose. So he gives very vanilla answers to things in order to stay out of the media. He told us WHAT happened, not every detail no. But at least we know the just of it now. That's good enough for me.

• Like 2

Was surprised how emotional Axl got about Beta/family which was sweet and reminded me he's human/vulnerable.  I have to say, however, he seems a bit medicated vs earlier interviews in the 90s where he's chill. i think it was a very honest interview for televised and for those out there hoping for more in depth that's where a magazine article would come into play (like Rolling Stone if that even exists anymore!!)

12 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

The part when the interviewer asks  about for all of this to happen, has something changed inside?

duff totally changes the topic to playing CD songs...

weird answer

Thats what I was going to mention. Either they arent ready to talk about that and its still too sensitive, or everything just was never 100% patched up(which is okay, we cant expect them to be best friends at all times). Regardless, smooth save on the part of Duff because I thought the interview would venture into awkward had that question been attempted by Axl. 

Edited by melonhead87

35 minutes ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

I think Axl was fine, I think Duff is fine. I think some are reading too much into every little thing. Did Axl give "cautious" answers? Yes. But that's because how he is now. I honestly feel that he likes to keep his private life, and private feelings, PRIVATE now. He just doesn't want to share the details of every little thing with everybody anymore. I'm sure there were some pretty emotional conversations that took place between Axl, Slash, and Duff but we will probably never know the details of those conversations. I get it, it's not a big deal to me. I don't think Axl likes being in the media anymore, he likes Guns n Roses being in the media, but not Axl Rose. So he gives very vanilla answers to things in order to stay out of the media. He told us WHAT happened, not every detail no. But at least we know the just of it now. That's good enough for me.

Spot on.

Only something really really big and very important for him would make him go out of his shell and talk again like he used to talk in the 80's or 90's, otherwise I think we won't get that kind of interview with him ever again.

Hopefully I'm wrong but I agree with you that he's decided to go very private about his personal life and wants to keep it like that.

Maybe he got too burned when he shared all that he did in the past and that's why he doesn't want to put himself into that anymore.

• Like 3

Great interview. Stop analysing every gesture, word and detail. Gn'R are back. I think there will be new music too. They haven't denied it. Also, they were so kind to answer even delicate questions. Steven and Izzy are welcomed to the "Jungle". I guess it's up to them. I'm sure the whole story of getting back together will be in a documentary. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

I wouldn't want them to do Stern until they've discussed everything amongst each other including why the band broke up and what exactly went down bc Stern will go into them with "ok ok take me back to 96-98 whatever...what happened, there had to be one big incident that changed everything" 

the worst thing that could happen is they dive deep back into "that's not how it happened Slash quit lying" 

so if they do something like this then I pray they have already had these discussions and gone back and forth before they have a breakdown in front of the world. 

I totally read that in Stern's voice of take me back to 96-98 hahaha

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vicson said:

Great interview. Stop analysing every gesture, word and detail. Gn'R are back. I think there will be new music too. They haven't denied it. Also, they were so kind to answer even delicate questions. Steven and Izzy are welcomed to the "Jungle". I guess it's up to them. I'm sure the whole story of getting back together will be in a documentary. 

seems accurate 

axl is so fucking good at keeping his cards close to his chest haha you can only decipher shit through his body language, the guy runs around every question very subtly and eloquently as a matter of fact 

Really cool interview. I thought it would only be things like " They all play good, we 're looking forward to come to brazil blah blah". 
 1)Pretty good we got stuff like the dinner and the phone call, but there weren't clear answers for new music.

2) It's not all about  money. If it was, the reunion would have happened 10 years ago when there where more money on the table.Of course Axl is emotional when it comes to Slash.The guys ruled the world together and it is very sad that there was an ugly feud between them for 20+ years.

3) Some people say Axl is not excited  about the reunion.Well, I've not seen Axl being more humble, energetic and HAPPY on stage in so many years.

4) Axl's relationship with Slash is still fragile but the guys have a very good time till now at least.You can't forget all the feud and the animosity for these 20+ years in just some months.

5) I think they save the "Big 3" interview for something bigger than GloboTV, when the time is right. Sorry Eddie you are not the chosen one.

6) THANK YOU DUFF (we all know if it wasn't him, we would still argue about Ashba)

• Like 2

Just watched the thing after reading here about Axl's demeanor. He just seemed nervous to me, and then at the end they mentioned that it was time to go on stage. Either he was just nervous about the interview or he was nervous and tense because it was just before the show, most likely both. He would probably have been more relaxed if it was after the show. I wouldn't read anything into it. 

29 minutes ago, vicson said:

Great interview. Stop analysing every gesture, word and detail. Gn'R are back. I think there will be new music too. They haven't denied it. Also, they were so kind to answer even delicate questions. Steven and Izzy are welcomed to the "Jungle". I guess it's up to them. 

This times 100

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, JaxTeller said:

Really cool interview. I thought it would only be things like " They all play good, we 're looking forward to come to brazil blah blah". 
 1)Pretty good we got stuff like the dinner and the phone call, but there weren't clear answers for new music.

2) It's not all about  money. If it was, the reunion would have happened 10 years ago when there where more money on the table.Of course Axl is emotional when it comes to Slash.The guys ruled the world together and it is very sad that there was an ugly feud between them for 20+ years.

3) Some people say Axl is not excited  about the reunion.Well, I've not seen Axl being more humble, energetic and HAPPY on stage in so many years.

4) Axl's relationship with Slash is still fragile but the guys have a very good time till now at least.You can't forget all the feud and the animosity for these 20+ years in just some months.

5) I think they save the "Big 3" interview for something bigger than GloboTV, when the time is right. Sorry Eddie you are not the chosen one.

6) THANK YOU DUFF (we all know if it wasn't him, we would still argue about Ashba)

10 years ago Axl still had hope that his GNR were going to be a relevant band. He was working to get Chinese Democracy released, which was supposed to be the big debut/announcement that Axl's GNR was for real. Since then, Chinese Democracy came and went, with no promotion from Axl, members quit, Axl seemingly had no interest or no ability to release new music, and he was reduced to playing Vegas residencies, where were pretty much viewed as a has-been playing his hits with a cover band. I doubt it's just about money but that may have been the motivating factor behind them trying to work things out personally. Either way, Axl's career status in 2014 was much different than it was in 2006.

• Like 1

Of interest...

Axl doesn't seem to know what's going on in the music industry these days, or at the very least didn't understand the question. 

Speeding up the tempo of old songs was a conscience decision by Duff, Slash and Frank.

Axl seems to confirm that Izzy's flaky and he won't commit.