NEW INTERVIEW: Axl and Duff Interviewed by Brazilian TV: "Where's Izzy" / "How did the reunion come about" / "New album" all discussed

3 hours ago, maxpax said:

Mr. 'Slash is a cancer','Not in this life time', 'Soon' says always the truth.

What we've got here was failure to communicate.

Much harsher examples of Axl when he was bitter. Seems things there have changed. Also, the way he said things about izzy showed Axl was walking a real tight rope. It just seems like further evidence that all GNR can do for izzy right now, while maintaining fairness to fortus, is to have izzy do some guest spots. Clearly izzy wants back in full time and not to just guest but, maybe Axl feels izzy isn't reliable enough because he tends to say one thing and do another himself...?

4 hours ago, Blackstar said:

That answer surprised me too, because Axl wasn't like that in the past. He had been spotted at concerts even during the dark years between 1996-2000.

If I'm remembering correctly Axl was spotted at a Rolling Stones concert not too long ago

BTW, this a weekly variety/news show that runs every sunday night called Fantástico and this is just a small segment. Back in the 90's Fantástico gave, for some reason, a lot of spotlight to Gn'R, which kinda explains why this band is so big here.

4 hours ago, nztop said:

Axl is the boss and that is visible from this interview. However he had changed, lost the edge a bit, but that is not negative, he should just keep the edge on the stage, off the stage he should be a nice and mellow guy as everybody should be, but he has one reason more, he had proved him self and got nothing else to prove except that if they record album his songs are honest, energized, rebel and full of attitude toward certain subjects. What is important is that he mentioned this familly that surrounds him since 1991', well my opinion upon that can be different, in one way this whole familly lives out of him and his work, I can also bring my whole familly and we can be nicest friends and support especially if we live out of you. Best familly is your own familly, at least kids, that's what man should have (if phisically he is eliable ofcourse), but this is wrong direction I have gone into and who cares, he owns his life but if Guns record new album they should be honest to the bone. With such life style TV sports and concerte we wont have much of true situation songs or simillar but made up stories e.t.c.. He he can sing about money and lawyers, but not about real life of the mid class of lower classes that most of the audience relies with.

he doesn't have enough good material = but for acdc he does as they can just sing about TNT 

28 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Much harsher examples of Axl when he was bitter. Seems things there have changed. Also, the way he said things about izzy showed Axl was walking a real tight rope. It just seems like further evidence that all GNR can do for izzy right now, while maintaining fairness to fortus, is to have izzy do some guest spots. Clearly izzy wants back in full time and not to just guest but, maybe Axl feels izzy isn't reliable enough because he tends to say one thing and do another himself...?

very much a tight rope by the edginess of that part of the video, he sort of dismisses steven a little but not in a bad way, but sounds bitter towards izzy 

4 hours ago, AxlCole said:

No they weren't.  They were both co-written with other band members.

He probably means they were Izzys riffs. Brownstone for sure is Izzys as Slash himself said it was. Not so sure about Michelle

16 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

About half way through this you see Duff and Axl and you can hear Axl talk more about the reunion. 

If I get it right, at 2:33 the interviewer says "Slash is doubtful about appearing", so we almost got the 3 together.

Those pieces of the interview are also in the long version, except here we can hear Axl saying the whole reunion thing started in 2014. Most people were thinking it stared last year so it's good to have that clarified. It makes more sense to me because Bumblefoot claimed he already knew and also Todd Kerns said they were told by Slash some time ago, so it couldn't be in late 2015.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Draguns said:

Just one bone to pick on you with on this. It seems like Axl never found the right woman for himself to have a family with. I can tell you that at age 40, I haven't found the right woman to have a family with.  That's probably what happened with Axl and why he relies on TB as his family. 

I have just went in wrong direction in my comment, which I admit there that tha is not my bussines. But when you replied, I must tell that I have been searching for a "right" woman and I could have do that 2 or 20 years more, but then I would turn 50 which worried me. Therefore when I got stabilized with job and finances a bit, I have decided that's enough of waiting and kids were something I wanted really bad and I wanted to be at least relatively young for my kids, I have got married a woman that I was dating for three years at the time. She was not completely  "right" in a sence what I was dreaming about to be trully honest, also we do not get a long perfectly and  I'm not perfect neighter, but we managed somehow. As reward I have gained something "right". I have two kids now (third on the way), I have my hobbies to be creative, I have running and gym to clean my head, I have my job, my head is in the place and true love and happiness I have found in my children. "Right one" Appeares ocasionally in my head and nothing prevents me to dream and to make songs about her ocasionally...But now I have new focuses in life.

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

If I get it right, at 2:33 the interviewer says "Slash is doubtful about appearing", so we almost got the 3 together.

Those pieces of the interview are also in the long version, except here we can hear Axl saying the whole reunion thing started in 2014. Most people were thinking it stared last year so it's good to have that clarified. It makes more sense to me because Bumblefoot claimed he already knew and also Todd Kerns said they were told by Slash some time ago, so it couldn't be in late 2015.

I remember that in late 2014 Eddie Trunk was the first one who mentioned a possible reunion. He said something like he had sources telling him things were put in motion.

1 hour ago, nztop said:

I have just went in wrong direction in my comment, which I admit there that tha is not my bussines. But when you replied, I must tell that I have been searching for a "right" woman and I could have do that 2 or 20 years more, but then I would turn 50 which worried me. Therefore when I got stabilized with job and finances a bit, I have decided that's enough of waiting and kids were something I wanted really bad and I wanted to be at least relatively young for my kids, I have got married a woman that I was dating for three years at the time. She was not completely  "right" in a sence what I was dreaming about to be trully honest, also we do not get a long perfectly and  I'm not perfect neighter, but we managed somehow. As reward I have gained something "right". I have two kids now (third on the way), I have my hobbies to be creative, I have running and gym to clean my head, I have my job, my head is in the place and true love and happiness I have found in my children. "Right one" Appeares ocasionally in my head and nothing prevents me to dream and to make songs about her ocasionally...But now I have new focuses in life.

I'm no one and I feel sorry to write this but this is the most sad thing I've ever read.

Better alone in this case.

4 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Yeah this video in Oct 2014 was a big hit they were talking

• Like 3

11 hours ago, gunsguy said:

Not to mention zero idea of how people listen to music these days.  That struck me a bit

I'm much younger but I also don't know exactly how people listen to music nowdays...of course I heard about Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, USB sticks....But was is the number one choice? I only use radio and youtube for music. i have no interest in buying CDs or downloading stuff in 2016. 

While saying is...if Tracii guns is real Axl is still using MySpace for insulting people.

5 minutes ago, maxpax said:

I'm much younger but I also don't know exactly how people listen to music nowdays...of course I heard about Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, USB sticks....But was is the number one choice? I only use radio and youtube for music. i have no interest in buying CDs or downloading stuff in 2016. 

While saying is...if Tracii guns is real Axl is still using MySpace for insulting people.

It literally said in the Tracii Guns' interview that the bit about MySpace was taken from an old interview.

The number one choice is usually Streaming Services, there's a niche of people that collects Vynils but it's a niche, the only people i know who actually buy musics are die hard fans who wants to support their favourite artist of choice.

• Like 1

After these interviews I'm glad people are seeing that Team Brazil is looking out for Axl's best interests. A bunch of dudes on this forum were bashing them whenever they'd come on here and post (which is likely a big reason Fernando does't anymore). 

Also Axl didn't shut down the notion of new music so thats something. 

If an Album is as good as AFD or UYI i would buy a physical record. The last record i bought directly after its release was The Donnas Gold Medal in 2004...i think you can still sell a lot of cds when the album is impressive. Rock is one genre where albums and songs doesnt have to be high on the top of the charts...its about the value of music...nobody will listen to Justin Bieber in the future, while UYI or AFD are classics. Good music lasts forever.

Still like the sound of some Donnas songs :D

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I haven't bought a CD in ages, but I did get back into collecting vinyl a few years back so that's how I buy all of my physical media now. I begrudgingly joined the streaming world a couple months back which I do like a lot for travel. It helps to have a wide variety of music on me at all times. I don't like it for listening at home though because I very much love everything about physical media; the cover art, passing it around, the media itself, etc. I really hope those aspects never go away, but that could just be the old person in me helping.

Having said all of that; this is the one question I didn't get from the interviewer. It's not like digital will be the only way to get music any time soon, so I don't see that being a worry overall. I guess I see asking about most people getting it that way, but if a new GN'R album were to come out in the next 5 years, I would bet good money that it will see a CD & vinyl release for certain.

The interviewer is Brazilian and here the reality is way different than in US. Vinyl and physical media is a niche, for rich people basically. Streaming, especially free like YouTube, and illegal downloads are the most common way of accessing music. I think it was supposed to be a different question, regarding new releases, disguised as physical vs digital but Axl and Duff dodged that bullet.