Vicky Hamilton Tour | Virgin Lounge | YOUR QUESTIONS?

Right Guys N Gals! 

I work with Peter Cook (Virgin, London Academy of Rock) and we're going on a book tour with the one 

and only Vicky Hamilton! Her new book "Appetite for Dysfunction" released earlier this year (Feb 2016)
https://www.amazon.com/Appetite-Dysfunction-Cautionary-Vicky-Hamilton/dp/0996966226
I'm a freelance film maker and will be documenting the tour of the UK with Vicky and Peter...
We have events in Glasgow, Manchester, Sheffield and London (find all detail in the link @ the end) 
Kick off day is September 13th in Glasgow . Each event will be around 90 mins with Peter interviewing

Vicky and sections of her book being read and discussed! I'm sure the GNR early days will crop up

a few times!

Would love to see some of you UK MYGNRFORUM folk out

in force to support her and the project!
IMPORTANTLY - I would like to open this thread as an opportunity to post questions you'd like Vicky to

answer during Q&A's ! I'm posting this in here first, as I trust you folk will have some interesting things

to pose to her! It can be anything, remember she's worked with Motley and Poison too, etc!
Drop down some questions and Let me know if you'll be able to attend any of the events,

We'll get you in free of charge :headbang:Let me know if you have any queries...
Hope to get a good response,

ColonizedMind

https://humandynamics.wordpress.com/2016/08/11/uk-tour/

13680941_10154443173722754_9159092775066469832_n.jpg

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

I like that the picture of Axl N' Slash is the photoshopped one.

My question would be: was the text even real. I believe there was a screen shot correct me if I'm wrong? So I guess the real question would be did she have someone text her that and change the contact name?

• Like 1

thanks for that

My question is...

- Hey Vicky during all the time that you were close to GNR and also during the time that the guys lived in your apartment, have you ever seen them writing songs? Can you please tell us everything you remember about it in as much details as possible? And can you tell us if by chance you have noticed if they used to record these "writing sessions" on any kind of device like a cassette tape recorder? To some of us that love GNR, these such recordings (if they exist) are a sort of GNR Holy Grail!

Edited by ludurigan
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Grayfox said:

I like that the picture of Axl N' Slash is the photoshopped one.

My question would be: was the text even real. I believe there was a screen shot correct me if I'm wrong? So I guess the real question would be did she have someone text her that and change the contact name?

Aye! Photoshopped indeed! It was made in the days where the idea of them sharing a stage was pure fantasy!! 
Let's get some more questions about her struggles managing them in the early days...Remember she's still a bit

under lock and key due to lawsuits from Axl...So she can't talk about that, but interesting stuff about those days

would be fine to cover! Come on dudes...I bet you guys have some great questions in your locker!! 
We were hoping Adler might join her on the tour since he still thinks of her as "mom"

12391372_10153703227140027_4007585057861483062_n.jpg

1 hour ago, sonofnazareth said:

What's your favorite food?

What's your favorite color? 

Noted!

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

I'd ask Vicky if she's been to any GNR shows recently and what she thinks of the whole thing..

Yes, that would be interesting...Maybe similar to the whole "He had his guitar in hand, arriving at the show" banning of her is similar to the Slash story of old? ;) 
Who knows! 
Looking forward to it! 

My question would be: 

Vicky, you once said that Tom Zutaut offered to land you an A & R job if you helped sign GN'R to Geffen Records and that he wanted to get major management for the band. You said you felt the decision was based on the fact that you are female and weren't seen as major management material because of your gender. 

Do you feel that women have advanced in major artist management and comparable roles since the mid eighties, and what advice would you have for any young ladies wanting to explore a career behind the scenes in the music business? Also, what do you think may have been different in the career of Guns N' Roses had you remained to manage the band after they were signed? 

Edited by Tiffani
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Tiffani said:

My question would be: 

Vicky, you once said that Tom Zutaut offered to land you an A & R job if you helped sign GN'R to Geffen Records and that he wanted to get major management for the band. You said you felt the decision was based on the fact that you are female and weren't seen as major management material because of your gender. 

Do you feel that women have advanced in major artist management and comparable roles since the mid eighties, and what advice would you have for any young ladies wanting to explore a career behind the scenes in the music business? Also, what do you think may have been different in the career of Guns N' Roses had you remained to manage the band after they were signed? 

Brilliant question Tiffani! Thanks ! Noted down :)

• Like 1

Ask her if she has any interesting or funny stories to tell about Axl, Slash, etc. from the time they lived with her!

Or just some little things that she'll never forget about them if she can't think of any stories.

Basically anything as long as it's something new and not some story she's told before.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frey said:

Ask her if she has any interesting or funny stories to tell about Axl, Slash, etc. from the time they lived with her!

Or just some little things that she'll never forget about them if she can't think of any stories.

Basically anything as long as it's something new and not some story she's told before.

That's the thing, usually industry folk will go to their tried and tested answer unless probed with a unique question...
Even then, if they're uneasy, they'll wriggle to their safe zone! Will try to get stuff about that period!! 

Tour starts tomorrow! Anyone in Scotland fancy coming along? (FREE)
Also further dates in Manchester, Sheffield and London throughout the week...
Last call for interesting questions about the rock scene of the 1980s and working

with the boys in GNR! 
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/welcome-jungle-our-uk-tour-virgin-money-lounges-peter-cook

17 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Oh very cool! Did you RSVP on the event page? Cool! 

No, I registered by phone when I first heard of the event, I think I was one of the first to register.  I called last week to check they still had me and my friend on the list (which they did) and asked if I should register online, but they said that wasn't necessary.  Do you think that's ok?

is the UK the only place that ppl would actually attend this type of thing? dont get me wrong... im not knocking the UK but this thing could be right next door to me and i probably wouldnt bother... not so sure it would even work in brazil but i could be wrong

never really been a fan of vicky hamilton... seems somewhat like what people refer to as a hanger on but in all honesty i wish her the best and hope this book thing works out for her

On 3 September 2016 at 11:53 AM, colonizedmind said:

Right Guys N Gals! 

I work with Peter Cook (Virgin, London Academy of Rock) and we're going on a book tour with the one 

and only Vicky Hamilton! Her new book "Appetite for Dysfunction" released earlier this year (Feb 2016)
https://www.amazon.com/Appetite-Dysfunction-Cautionary-Vicky-Hamilton/dp/0996966226
I'm a freelance film maker and will be documenting the tour of the UK with Vicky and Peter...
We have events in Glasgow, Manchester, Sheffield and London (find all detail in the link @ the end) 
Kick off day is September 13th in Glasgow . Each event will be around 90 mins with Peter interviewing

Vicky and sections of her book being read and discussed! I'm sure the GNR early days will crop up

a few times!

Would love to see some of you UK MYGNRFORUM folk out

in force to support her and the project!
IMPORTANTLY - I would like to open this thread as an opportunity to post questions you'd like Vicky to

answer during Q&A's ! I'm posting this in here first, as I trust you folk will have some interesting things

to pose to her! It can be anything, remember she's worked with Motley and Poison too, etc!
Drop down some questions and Let me know if you'll be able to attend any of the events,

We'll get you in free of charge :headbang:Let me know if you have any queries...
Hope to get a good response,

ColonizedMind

https://humandynamics.wordpress.com/2016/08/11/uk-tour/

13680941_10154443173722754_9159092775066469832_n.jpg

Sup theres a 50% chance ill be able to attend. How do I get in?

• Like 1