Top 5 Shows (So Far) On The NITL Tour

I know it's jumping the gun a bit since they still have to play SA, Australia, Asia and most likely Europe. But what shows from the summer tour would be in your top 5? Mine would have to be...

1. East Rutherford 7/23

2. Dodger Stadium 8/19

3. Houston 8/5

4. San Diego 8/22

5. Washington 6/26

1. Troubadour (Because of the surprise/shock value and because CSI:MYGNR was spot on in our theory well over 24 hours before anyone else figured it out). Plus 1st show of tour went off without a hitch with Axl/ Slash and Duff.

2. Both Vegas shows (Tie).  Not their best performances musically but they were the first full production shows with Axl/Slash/Duff in over 23 years.

3. Orlando.  Granted I was there but they were just about perfect all around.  Everyone I talked to that was at this show said it was one of the best concerts they've ever been to in their lives.

4. Houston.  Probably the best overall performance (musically) 

5. Cincinnati.  The return of Steven Adler.  Another historic night for the band.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

1. Troubadour (Because of the surprise/shock value and because CSI:MYGNR was spot on in our theory well over 24 hours before anyone else figured it out). Plus 1st show of tour went off without a hitch with Axl/ Slash and Duff.

2. Both Vegas shows (Tie).  Not their best performances musically but they were the first full production shows with Axl/Slash/Duff in over 23 years.

3. Orlando.  Granted I was there but they were just about perfect all around.  Everyone I talked to that was at this show said it was one of the best concerts they've ever been to in their lives.

4. Houston.  Probably the best overall performance (musically) 

5. Cleveland.  The return of Steven Adler.  Another historic night for the band.

Without a hitch you say? Breaking your foot 1 and half songs in, I suppose is just a merry-go-round ;)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

Without a hitch you say? Breaking your foot 1 and half songs in, I suppose is just a merry-go-round ;)

I think he broke his foot during the first one or two songs.  But anyway, what I meant was that they actually all showed up and played the entire show.  :lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JAxlMorrison said:

I noticed someone listed East Rutherford from 7-23 but not 7-24. Any particular reason? I was at 7-24 and thought it was excellent.

I did. I just thought that the 7-23 show was better. No reason really haha

1 minute ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Mexico motherfuckers! The only city to sing the words to Wish You Were Here. Americans are anxious, reserved and scared of liberation. Over seas audiences want to celebrate thier life. So this whole list is empty.

Ah yes the token "American crowds suck" post, now that we have that out of the way we can get back on topic ;)

From the boots I have heard Houston was great.  Of course I am very biased in saying that the last 2 shows in California were phenomenal but even just listening to the recordings of those shows I think they were of very high quality performance wise

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Mexico motherfuckers! The only city to sing the words to Wish You Were Here. Americans are anxious, reserved and scared of liberation. Over seas audiences want to celebrate thier life. So this whole list is empty.

MX 100% had a kick ass crowd. ...that energy was electric!!!! But...I went to the SF show and have to have a shout out for them cause pretty much the entire stadium stood, sang and headbopped the whole show. Even during the ballads, CD songs, guitar solos....everything! No sitting that I saw!

Its hard to judge objectively especially if you attended shows

vegas 1 was a once in a lifetime moment, witnessing it all for the first time

vegas 2 i got to see from vip seats

foxboros were the best show wise.

from the other shows i guess new jersey must have been electric

Edited by xBrownstonex

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry, but how can really rank these shows unless we were at every single one? I unfortunately missed out on the tour this summer but even if I had gone, it would've only been for one show or two at the most. There's no way I'd be able to determine which shows were the best. I'm assuming most of these lists are being compiled based on video playback or what's been written about the shows..

• Like 2