Supersonic - Oasis Documentary Trailer

Len Cnut

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Or Axls was, now he just looks like a wibbley ginger jelly :lol:

Well yeah, the hips don't quite have the same movement as they once did. I prefer what he does with AC/DC now, kinda just strolls around arrogantly it suits his age much better.

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 1

On 7 September 2016 at 11:02 PM, Silverburst80 said:

Yeah there's posing going on in Guns but at the same time it wouldn't be quite the same if Axl didn't do his snake dance during the chorus of Brownstone would it?. Axl's stage persona lost it's cool in the during the Illusion era for me, running around like a lunatic thinking he had to utilise EVERY inch of the bigger stages they were playing on and of course there was the little shorts. The other guys were fine and there's no cooler sight to me than Slash with that Les Paul dangling down around his knees. I agree with you being a fan of GNR is an effort, excruciating at times but here we are!.

I do agree with everything you've said... I think I'm just sort of pissed off with them at the moment. Not really a fan of the semi-reunion (I was actually waaay more excited when the ACDC thing came about), and now there's this carry on with Izzy! I actually feel bad for takin the piss haha cause really I love all of them. Although Slash is a right posing bastard, haha, he looks good! he's fucking iconic with that fuckin' guitar. An absolute hero. One that I idolised for years.

I just wish GNR would do something decent and play together for the right reasons.

As I get older I find a lot of stuff that I used to like is becoming cheesy to me, cause like, for example, It's only in the past couple years or whatever where I've really started to appreciate Izzy, even just visually, the other guys are a bit cheesy now. He's just the coolest. Nowadays, he reminds me of like a cool Dad haha 

I've just read that article above... Noel's always a good read!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrShankly said:

I do agree with everything you've said... I think I'm just sort of pissed off with them at the moment. Not really a fan of the semi-reunion (I was actually waaay more excited when the ACDC thing came about), and now there's this carry on with Izzy! I actually feel bad for takin the piss haha cause really I love all of them. Although Slash is a right posing bastard, haha, he looks good! he's fucking iconic with that fuckin' guitar. An absolute hero. One that I idolised for years.

I just wish GNR would do something decent and play together for the right reasons.

As I get older I find a lot of stuff that I used to like is becoming cheesy to me, cause like, for example, It's only in the past couple years or whatever where I've really started to appreciate Izzy, even just visually, the other guys are a bit cheesy now. He's just the coolest. Nowadays, he reminds me of like a cool Dad haha 

I've just read that article above... Noel's always a good read!

Yeah Izzy's cool that's pretty much a given. Axl has made a comeback for me visually somewhat, he was a disaster from about 91 till now. He's kinda got a bling-ed out satanic cowboy thing going on atm which i don't mind. Slash is abit of a brand at this point, you don't have to wear the hat every show dude you're more than that! His playing is better than ever though so that's the main thing i guess.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Just watch the Beatles Anthology and save yourself the trouble. Better band.

I've got the directors cut of that, its really cool.  I wanna see the new one that Richie Cunninghams made though.

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I've got my copy on DVD but not had any time to watch it yet. Came home from work last night sick, so I'm hoping to watch it today, whilst I'm skiving. 

Parts of it kinda show Noel up for a bit of a tart really and I've never seen it in that light before.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Just watch the Beatles Anthology and save yourself the trouble. Better band.

Oasis has their own charm, even if all they ever wanted to be was The Beatles.

And of course they're better. They're better compared to any band. But you can't listen to just one band and sometimes a retro thing with the attitude of Oasis hits the spot.

43 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I just got around to watching it tonight, I still like Noel best, even though he comes across as cold and ruthless. I laughed my head off at the Whiskey A Go Go footage, what a complete disaster but Noels face when Liam threw his tambourine at him is worth the price of the DVD on its own :lol:

Do you not think his big leaving things were sort of hissy fits though?

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Do you not think his big leaving things were sort of hissy fits though?

No, not really. I can see why he'd want to get away from all of that. It's a shame they messed things up in the states, they don't seem too bothered about that though. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders

4 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

No, not really. I can see why he'd want to get away from all of that. It's a shame they messed things up in the states, they don't seem too bothered about that though. 

I just think that like, for a man that constantly slagged off other bands for not being lads and being tarts and not being able to deal with things like drugs/pressure etc etc he did flip out over the silliest things, Liam bought the whole pub back to the studio, alright its not the nicest thing in the world but worthy of a meltdown?  Umpteen rock bands had a bit of a party going on in a the studio.

And then like, cuz they had a fight on a ferry he done a runner, its like come on Noel, thats like The Beatles turning on John Lennon cuz he had a fight with Bob Wooler.  I mean its a fight, so what, big deal?  

And then when you see the whole thing of like, they were saying 'when Noel came back it was all different, he was in charge', more cynical man might suggest that he did that shit on purpose cuz he knew he was the song and music man and they couldnt do it without him, so he did it to assert his power on the band because he didn't like the idea of Liam getting all this publicity (albeit bad) and becoming the focal point of the band instead of him.

And like lots of other little things.  Dont get me wrong, Noels a top lad and i rate him, its just that until recently i hadn't seen any wrong-doing in Noels actions but i sort of do now a bit.

• Like 1

Yeah, you do get to see another side to Noel. I had no idea he was quite that serious, and intense. The bringing people back from the pub thing I did think was a bit of an over reaction. The fight on the ferry though, as funny as I thought it was when they were describing Liam running around like a kid in the playground chasing leaves, he got them deported back and not able to play the gig. And that's what Noel said it was all about to him, anything can happen as long as they get up there and play the gig, and that didn't happen because of the ferry fight and in the Whiskey A Go Go. So I can see why he was so pissed off. 

The taking control of the band bit is where I thought he came across as cold and ruthless. I know things like kicking a member out and replacing them is common place in bands, but the way he just cut Tony McCarroll was very callous. He said he had songs like Champagne Supernova etc ready for a long time, he just didn't want Tony to drum on them, so he had to go. There wasn't really much the others could do, Noel clearly realised it was his band because he wrote all the songs, so what he said went. Like he said himself, he's a bit of a cunt :lol:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

describing Liam running around like a kid in the playground chasing leaves

This was the funniest line in the whole thing, especially with the picture of Liam they put up. I could just see him running round the ferry with an excited grin on his face slapping people, that simple pleasure of a kid chasing leaves.

I really enjoyed it as a whole, it was funny, honest and more to the point reminded me of growing up in the UK in the nineties...still can't believe it was twenty years ago.

• Like 1