Supersonic - Oasis Documentary Trailer

Len Cnut

I could never get on with her y'know.  In many ways she's quite similar to Oasis in the sense of being this pastiche of other peoples thing.  I must say you've never struck me as the Bjork type.  I should talk I suppose, a great deal of the music i listen to, blues and all that is before even my Dad was born.

Edited by Len Cnut

I really loved Oasis when I was 15, I thought they had the edge over other similar bands at the time. Went to see them at Maine Road in 96, and that was the first band I ever saw. 

It was a great couple of years being an Oasis fan, but I think their attitude and and swagger was what was just as appealing to me as their music. 

After Definitely Maybe and What's The Story, I lost interest in them. They just seemed to fizzle out.

I listen to those two albums every now and then and think they were really quite limited song writing wise, but it does bring back great memories. 

I think theres something of value in every one of their albums but after Morning Glory is just became a thing of where its like...perhaps 4 or 5 brilliant tracks and the rest were like...just good solid things.  I dont think they ever made an awful album and i must say The Importance of Being Idle might just be the last great English rock song, very Kinksy I thought.

Noels solo work has been great too i think.  I suppose they were limited but not ever so, there is some subtle progression there, like Noel said in some interview or another there is something of a gulf between Super Sonic and stuff like Shock of the Lightning and Falling Down.  Then songs like Fuckin' in the Bushes or Go Let it Out.  Its within a particular ouevre but its not like Minor Threat or something in its rigidity.

Edited by Len Cnut

43 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Even those rap acts are now old farts

Rap is still very much a thriving genre but it appears to be going the way of rock n roll in many respects, like rock n roll in the 70s, lack of edge, concept albums and a bunch of morons thinking they are geniuses without the substance to back it up.

Rap in the 80s and 90s, seeping out into the early 00s was like rock n roll in the 50s and 60s seeping out into the early 70s in terms of its golden age.

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Rap is still very much a thriving genre but it appears to be going the way of rock n roll in many respects, like rock n roll in the 70s, lack of edge, concept albums and a bunch of morons thinking they are geniuses without the substance to back it up.

All music is dead. Kids now prefer to chase pokermen with their phones. 

46 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I think theres something of value in every one of their albums but after Morning Glory is just became a thing of where its like...perhaps 4 or 5 brilliant tracks and the rest were like...just good solid things.  I dont think they ever made an awful album and i must say The Importance of Being Idle might just be the last great English rock song, very Kinksy I thought.

Noels solo work has been great too i think.  I suppose they were limited but not ever so, there is some subtle progression there, like Noel said in some interview or another there is something of a gulf between Super Sonic and stuff like Shock of the Lightning and Falling Down.  Then songs like Fuckin' in the Bushes or Go Let it Out.  Its within a particular ouevre but its not like Minor Threat or something in its rigidity.

Heathen Chemistry is not a bad album. That was the last one I listened to, of theirs. People sort of drifted away with each release following Morning Glory haha, and Heathen Chemistry was mine.

Edited by DieselDaisy

30 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Heathen Chemistry is not a bad album. That was the last one I listened to, of theirs. People sort of drifted away with each release following Morning Glory haha, and Heathen Chemistry was mine.

And your broad assessment of them as a band was awful, despite all that listening?  It happens I suppose, something turned you off Zep too eh?    And its not like i listen to GnR anymore i suppose.  Certainly dont think they're awful though. I actually thought Heathen Chemistry had some very very good moment, very underrated i reckon.  Stop Crying Your Heart Out, Force of Nature (nicked beat from Iggy Pop Nightclubbing) Hindu Times, Little by Little, lot of good stuff on that album.

They're just the best and can't wait for this. I spend so much time watching Oasis interviews and shit on youtube so this'll be good!

For YEARS Guns N' Roses were my favourite band, and I'd probably still say that based on the amount of time that I used to spend searching, downloading, watching and listening to all their stuff, and Slash was my idol growing up learning guitar etc. (and counting the fact I've been on here daily for about 10 years!) But as I've grown up.. I've realised that there's just too much shite and posing and more shite surrounding Guns N' Roses. It takes effort almost! I still love them, always will, but I've moved on a bit.

Nowadays, Oasis are the band for me. I've always liked them, but I've became a massive fan more recently. They're just the fucking boys like. One of my metal fan mates always used to go "look how fucking boring Oasis are on stage! Fuckin' run about or some shit!" But I LOVE that there's no posing, they're not making love to the guitar, no fucking jumping about and doing the splits, no hip gyrating! Liam might rock up on stage with a tatty Umbro jumper, (or some snazzy designer gear) and stand like a statue while he belts out the tunes, but that's all he needs to do. There's something sooo fuckin' cool about it. He's just cool. as. fuck. And you've got Noel just standing concentrating on his guitar, the guy who's wrote these massive massive tunes, just over at the side. (sort of picturing the earlier days I suppose..). There's no bollocks with them really. Just a bunch o guys absolutely living and loving the life of being in that band, writing those songs and having a laugh. That's how I see them anyway. Love em. And they're hilarious.

3 hours ago, MrShankly said:

They're just the best and can't wait for this. I spend so much time watching Oasis interviews and shit on youtube so this'll be good!

For YEARS Guns N' Roses were my favourite band, and I'd probably still say that based on the amount of time that I used to spend searching, downloading, watching and listening to all their stuff, and Slash was my idol growing up learning guitar etc. (and counting the fact I've been on here daily for about 10 years!) But as I've grown up.. I've realised that there's just too much shite and posing and more shite surrounding Guns N' Roses. It takes effort almost! I still love them, always will, but I've moved on a bit.

Nowadays, Oasis are the band for me. I've always liked them, but I've became a massive fan more recently. They're just the fucking boys like. One of my metal fan mates always used to go "look how fucking boring Oasis are on stage! Fuckin' run about or some shit!" But I LOVE that there's no posing, they're not making love to the guitar, no fucking jumping about and doing the splits, no hip gyrating! Liam might rock up on stage with a tatty Umbro jumper, (or some snazzy designer gear) and stand like a statue while he belts out the tunes, but that's all he needs to do. There's something sooo fuckin' cool about it. He's just cool. as. fuck. And you've got Noel just standing concentrating on his guitar, the guy who's wrote these massive massive tunes, just over at the side. (sort of picturing the earlier days I suppose..). There's no bollocks with them really. Just a bunch o guys absolutely living and loving the life of being in that band, writing those songs and having a laugh. That's how I see them anyway. Love em. And they're hilarious.

The best posing is done standing still.  Always loved that about Liam, kinda walks on stage, chin up, back straight, looking all across the sea of people, not a shred of nerves, soaking up every moment of it, like Alexander surveying the breadth of his domain or a man that just climbed a mountain and he's just stopped to fuckin' appreciate the beauty of the world from high up.  Ian Browns a bit like that onstage, although there's a bit more movement, the confidence of a prizefighter, pure lairyness.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrShankly said:

Yeah there's posing going on in Guns but at the same time it wouldn't be quite the same if Axl didn't do his snake dance during the chorus of Brownstone would it?. Axl's stage persona lost it's cool in the during the Illusion era for me, running around like a lunatic thinking he had to utilise EVERY inch of the bigger stages they were playing on and of course there was the little shorts. The other guys were fine and there's no cooler sight to me than Slash with that Les Paul dangling down around his knees. I agree with you being a fan of GNR is an effort, excruciating at times but here we are!.

Edited by Silverburst80

10 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Yeah there's posing going on in Guns but at the same time it wouldn't be quite the same if Axl didn't do his snake dance during the chorus of Brownstone would it?. Axl's stage persona lost it's cool in the during the Illusion era for me, running around like a lunatic thinking he had to utilise EVERY inch of the bigger stages they were playing on and of course there was the little shorts. The other guys were fine and there's no cooler sight to me than Slash with that Les Paul dangling down around his knees. I agree with you being a fan of GNR is an effort, excruciating at times but here we are!.

Theres nothing wrong with dancinng, in fact its sort of the point of popular music, its just that there is room for the other too.