Do you think the setlist will see an overhaul for SA dates?

21 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Never understood the great love for Perfect Crime.. I don't dislike it. I can still crank it and sing a long but it isn't something I ever desired to see live. I like all of the songs released prior to SFTD to some extent but I always think of it at the lower echelon of Gn'R songs. But as good as Gn'R were, that doesn't make it a bad song.

I never understood the appeal of Perfect Crime either. It's not a bad song but GnR has so many that are better. There's so many better UYI songs that haven't been played in 23 years. If they want to add another upbeat rock song to the show I'd much prefer Don't Damn Me.

4 hours ago, Original said:

The set will change...not because it's SA, rather it's a new leg of the tour and they'll have been off for a while.

lol do you actually believe this? south america might get rarities such as catcher, used to love her, yesterdays, sorry and twat but the core and alt set will remain the exact same.

• Like 1

I think it will be pretty similar, the will probably play some of the alt songs they have't played on this tour at some point and they may even rehearse and add a new song to the alt setlist (like So Fine or Locomotive for example).

3 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

lol do you actually believe this? south america might get rarities such as catcher, used to love her, yesterdays, sorry and twat but the core and alt set will remain the exact same.

Yeah it will probably be like Mexico who got the first Yesterdays performance. 

Nothing drastic. Maybe, an other UYI song or two, maybe a different CD era song. But I think it's likely that the setlist for America will be the set list for the entire world tour.

I'd be bored of it by now, and want to shake things up a bit! but whatever works for them I suppose!

TBH I'd be happy hearing the current set list when they come around my way, I'd just prefer if they shaved down the jams between songs and cut the seeker out of the set. I think they'd have a really great set then, with little to no filler. Right now, the second half of the show has a lot of extra unnecessary padding. I'd also LOVE to hear Pretty tied up live.

3 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

i kinda hate to agree but going through the summer it seems that way. oh they may throw in a different song here and there but for the most part it seems like it will be not be much differerent. i mean it took til the last show of the N American Tour for them to play UTLH:shrugs:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

I don't think they'll change too much, maybe make My Michelle a staple and play both Patience and Don't Cry. It'd be cool if they threw in Nice Boys and another UYI song. There's really only one setlist question that needs to be asked, though.

"Will this be the leg of the tour where The Seeker finally gets replaced? Tune in this winter to find out!"

On September 7, 2016 at 9:40 AM, Nikki_Sixx said:

I predict exactly zero changes.  It's more or less the exact same setlist since the wilderness years started in '01.  A core skeleton of GNR staples, with CD songs and covers sprinkled throughout.

There's one simple solution: reduce the number of AFD songs, drop the CD songs and pointless covers and replace them with UYI deep cuts, with extra variety from night to night.

It'll never happen...

That's what most bands would do. Alas - Axl doesn't stray too far out of his comfort zone. One or two new songs per tour is all he is willing to do. 

On September 7, 2016 at 1:51 PM, EvanG said:

I remember an interview in the early 90s where Duff said something like not having a setlist and playing whatever they want to play and if they played the same songs each night it would be just as boring to him as having an office job... of course that was probably a loaded Duff speaking back then, but I wonder how he feels about it now playing almost the same setlist each night. I wish all bands were like Pearl Jam... they are one of the few bands out there that play a different setlist each night and not just a few song changes here and there.

Axl also said he would hate to become an artist that just played the old hits. Which is exactly what he has became. 

19 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Do you want me to elaborate ?

Well, explain to me how you can expect a 50 year old man with a voice that for 30 years has sounded like it's killing his throat with every word to sound like he did back then?

3 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

Well, explain to me how you can expect a 50 year old man with a voice that for 30 years has sounded like it's killing his throat with every word to sound like he did back then?

30 years ?  He sang great for about 8 years ('85-'93), and then it was over...

... at least we thought it was over.  Then after singing like shit for about 23 years, he comes out with Ac/Dc in 2016 and sounds killer (for a man his age mind you) !!!

And then he goes back to his own band and sounds like shit again... :facepalm:

What I mean to say is, if you can't do it anymore vocally, there's no shame in that, just don't do it then.  But if you willingly use a technique that makes you sound like Mickey Mouse, while you appear to have zero issues singing like the rock god you once were in another band ... that's just plain wrong.

Can you honestly make it through a 2016 performance of 'November Rain' without your stomach turning ?

16 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

30 years ?  He sang great for about 8 years ('85-'93), and then it was over...

... at least we thought it was over.  Then after singing like shit for about 23 years, he comes out with Ac/Dc in 2016 and sounds killer (for a man his age mind you) !!!

And then he goes back to his own band and sounds like shit again... :facepalm:

What I mean to say is, if you can't do it anymore vocally, there's no shame in that, just don't do it then.  But if you willingly use a technique that makes you sound like Mickey Mouse, while you appear to have zero issues singing like the rock god you once were in another band ... that's just plain wrong.

Can you honestly make it through a 2016 performance of 'November Rain' without your stomach turning ?

The AC/DC songs are sung in another way than the GN'R songs. For him to sing those he need to use his high voice (just like with Nightrain and WTTJ with GN'R for example) where as song where he uses his mid-vocals are harder for him to sing (like November Rain and You Could Be Mine).

This applies to AC/DC songs as well, examples being T.N.T and Touch To Much (He nailed that one in Denmark tough but he also nailed YCBM in Houston with GN'R so he apparently managed to have an acceptabel middle range on some shows even to this day).

I'm tired of the post saying that he gives it all with AC/DC and not with Guns N' Roses, that's not true.

What's true though is that AC/DC song are easier for Axl to sing than many GN'R classics.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

The AC/DC songs are sung in another way than the GN'R songs. For him to sing those he need to use his high voice (just like with Nightrain and WTTJ with GN'R for example) where as song where he uses his mid-vocals are harder for him to sing (like November Rain and You Could Be Mine).

This applies to AC/DC songs as well, examples being T.N.T and Touch To Much (He nailed that one in Denmark tough but he also nailed YCBM in Houston with GN'R so he apparently managed to have an acceptabel middle range on some shows even to this day).

I'm tired of the post saying that he gives it all with AC/DC and not with Guns N' Roses, that's not true.

What's true though is that AC/DC song are easier for Axl to sing than many GN'R classics.

Bullshit.

It's a choice he makes. He chooses to use a different technique for certain songs/parts.

Maybe he would destroy his voice if he sang all the GNR stuff like he sings Ac/Dc.  He obviously doesn't want to hurt his voice permanently.  I respect that.

But then stop singing.  Don't do it half-assed.

2 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Bullshit.

It's a choice he makes. He chooses to use a different technique for certain songs/parts.

Maybe he would destroy his voice if he sang all the GNR stuff like he sings Ac/Dc.  He obviously doesn't want to hurt his voice permanently.  I respect that.

But then stop singing.  Don't do it half-assed.

Personally I think that's a less likely reason, but hey none of us know for sure...

You may be right, I may be right, we both may be wrong.

I'm extremely happy with Axl's vocals on the NITL tour (especially the later shows). I thought he would sound more 2012/13 ish and I'm glad to be proven wrong.

It's all based on what you compare it with, if I were to compare it to 1993, would I be disappointed? Yes! But if I were to compare it to say Rock In Rio 2011, hell no!