Do you think the setlist will see an overhaul for SA dates?

5 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Bullshit.

It's a choice he makes. He chooses to use a different technique for certain songs/parts.

Maybe he would destroy his voice if he sang all the GNR stuff like he sings Ac/Dc.  He obviously doesn't want to hurt his voice permanently.  I respect that.

But then stop singing.  Don't do it half-assed.

Have you heard him on High Voltage? Some people consider his voice on this "mickey-ish" (which I don't agree with). He uses the same technique/voice mix on GnR songs that are at the same range, Rocket Queen for example.

Edited by Blackstar

18 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Have you heard him on High Voltage? Some people consider his voice on this "mickey-ish" (which I don't agree with). He uses the same technique/voice mix on GnR songs that are at the same range, Rocket Queen for example.

I saw Axl/Dc in Werchter.  There was Mickey for maybe 5% of the time.  The rest was as good as a 50-year old Axl is going to sound.

So I agree, he's not 100% ok with Ac/Dc either, but it's maybe 95% versus 50% in GNR.

If he can do it with Ac/Dc, he can do it with GNR.  He just doesn't want to.

1 hour ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

I saw Axl/Dc in Werchter.  There was Mickey for maybe 5% of the time.  The rest was as good as a 50-year old Axl is going to sound.

So I agree, he's not 100% ok with Ac/Dc either, but it's maybe 95% versus 50% in GNR.

If he can do it with Ac/Dc, he can do it with GNR.  He just doesn't want to.

Are you ten years old? He just doesn't want to..

Seriously, grow up....

• Like 2

When it comes to setlists and most bands - the setlist has to keep the entire audience from heading to the exit doors, so even if it's a predictable setlist, it's keeping most of the audience from heading out to take a leak and get a refill, or just leave. A residency has a lot of "repeat customers" so in that case, the setlist should be shaken up more. 

6 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Explain it to me again then.

Your opinion  that somehow he "just doesn't want to" sing a particular way.

How do you know?

Maybe it's a technical limitation. Maybe not. It could be any number of reasons.

I came across rude and I'm sorry.

4 hours ago, Glidn said:

Your opinion  that somehow he "just doesn't want to" sing a particular way.

How do you know?

Maybe it's a technical limitation. Maybe not. It could be any number of reasons.

I came across rude and I'm sorry.

There's obviously no technical limitation when he sings 'Thunderstruck' ?!

Why can't he sing like that for both bands ?  Why didn't he sing like that for the last 15 years ?

W

10 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

There's obviously no technical limitation when he sings 'Thunderstruck' ?!

Why can't he sing like that for both bands ?  Why didn't he sing like that for the last 15 years ?

Who knows?

There's stories about nodules which are problematic for any vocalist...

Getting off topic somewhat but I think he has better control of his voice live now than he did during the illusion tour.. He may not rasp as often but we might get another tour out of him this way..

I think if they're going to change the setlist, it'll be for when they bring the tour back to the states (still hoping that's a probability) since the tour has already played here with the current setlist. I'm not saying they won't add or drop a song or two here and there. But I really don't think there'll be any dramatic change for the tour in SA and beyond.

Patience & Dont Cry in the same set-list please.

Yesterdays got a run down in sth america last time, and id say we will see that again.

Think we will get one more surprise down there.. maybe slither?

The whole set-list is boring argument grates me.. as ive said before, unless you went to every gig on the NITL Tour... then sitting on periscope every third night doesnt give you reason to complain about set-lists.

Edited by Tadsy