Do you think the setlist will see an overhaul for SA dates?

2 hours ago, RONIN said:

Just do a 10 song UYI setlist and let Axl go for it. Sure -- he'd probably be taken off the stage in a stretcher for exhaustion but the setlist below would be epic. Quality over quantity I say.

Right Next Door to Hell

Perfect Crime

Garden of Eden

You Could be Mine

Don't Damn Me

Dead Horse

Breakdown

Pretty Tied Up

Locomotive

COMA

You wanna' to kill the man? Lol.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RONIN said:

Just do a 10 song UYI setlist and let Axl go for it. Sure -- he'd probably be taken off the stage in a stretcher for exhaustion but the setlist below would be epic. Quality over quantity I say.

Right Next Door to Hell

Perfect Crime

Garden of Eden

You Could be Mine

Don't Damn Me

Dead Horse

Breakdown

Pretty Tied Up

Locomotive

COMA

They could play a club show with that setlist ,like the troubadour in April. It would be epic!

• Like 1

I predict exactly zero changes.  It's more or less the exact same setlist since the wilderness years started in '01.  A core skeleton of GNR staples, with CD songs and covers sprinkled throughout.

There's one simple solution: reduce the number of AFD songs, drop the CD songs and pointless covers and replace them with UYI deep cuts, with extra variety from night to night.

It'll never happen...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

There's one simple solution: reduce the number of AFD songs, drop the CD songs and pointless covers and replace them with UYI deep cuts, with extra variety from night to night.

It'll never happen...

As for the Appetite songs I say, no way.. I would like to see them play every song off that album! They could certainly drop a cover and a couple CD songs though. I think 2 CD songs a night is more than enough and they could switch those up as well to keep the CD people happy.

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

As for the Appetite songs I say, no way.. I would like to see them play every song off that album! They could certainly drop a cover and a couple CD songs though. I think 2 CD songs a night is more than enough and they could switch those up as well to keep the CD people happy.

It's not that I don't like the AFD songs, but if they play 8 or so of them, and then the other singles, there's hardly any place left for anything else.  That's why I wouldn't mind them reducing the number of AFD songs, in favour of more UYI deep cuts.

As for CD, why would I want to keep the CD people happy ?  They didn't keep me happy for those 14 years of pain ...

• Like 1

Just now, Nikki_Sixx said:

As for CD, why would I want to keep the CD people happy ?  They didn't keep me happy for those 14 years of pain ...

Hahahah. I am with you but it is close to a 3 hour show and you need to take a piss or grab a beer sometime.. I personally don't care to hear any of them but there are some good people here that like them. A lot of  dickheads too though hahah. 

In a perfect world they would just drop them and Axl could still do like a solo thing when Gn'R are on break and play all of them. I'm sure Slash will be doing other things. Other projects will probably help the Gn'R thing live longer. Axl seems to be out from his shell now and on a mission.. He could handle a side project.. 

I do think they will change it up a bit.. Nothing crazy but a few songs..

2 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

I predict exactly zero changes.  It's more or less the exact same setlist since the wilderness years started in '01.  A core skeleton of GNR staples, with CD songs and covers sprinkled throughout.

It'll never happen...

I'd say it's a bit more change than that. Definitely more stuff being played off the Illusions than those shows. There's only 4 albums + 2 EP's worth of original material. Covers have always been part of GNR's history going back to the club days. They have to play the staples at every show. For my personal tastes, I'd love it if they switched up the order more. Not sure if my setlist would resonate with 50,000 people though. That's for them to figure out. 

You never know what they could pull for the next leg. None of us would have guessed Coma being played at nearly every show this tour. That's a pretty big deep cut, right?

43 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I'd like to see Slither and Perfect Crime come out. I don't expect a lot of changes otherwise. 

This

2 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

It'll never happen...

Its not the same sonce 2001 at all... Civil war, estranged, dtj, dont cry, better, this i love, sorry, catcher in the rye, used to love her, yesterdays, coma...

• Like 1

Never understood the great love for Perfect Crime.. I don't dislike it. I can still crank it and sing a long but it isn't something I ever desired to see live. I like all of the songs released prior to SFTD to some extent but I always think of it at the lower echelon of Gn'R songs. But as good as Gn'R were, that doesn't make it a bad song.

• Like 1

Looney Tunes/Equalizer

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

Double Talkin' Jive

So Fine

Estranged

Rocket Queen

Better

Perfect Crime

Down On The Farm

Bad Obsession

November Rain

Yesterdays

Coma

This I Love

Civil War

Slash Solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

You Could Be Mine

Breakdown

Out Ta Get Me

Nightrain

Encore - 

Band Jam/Patience

Locomotive

Ain't It Fun

My Michelle

Paradise City

Edited by Reclamation Project

I remember an interview in the early 90s where Duff said something like not having a setlist and playing whatever they want to play and if they played the same songs each night it would be just as boring to him as having an office job... of course that was probably a loaded Duff speaking back then, but I wonder how he feels about it now playing almost the same setlist each night. I wish all bands were like Pearl Jam... they are one of the few bands out there that play a different setlist each night and not just a few song changes here and there.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 2