Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

16 minutes ago, liers said:

He was probably never offered a full time gig because Fortus was still on board, and since he was only going to be part time he probably wasn't going to be paid as much as the full time members. Same situation as Adler.

Yeah that's probably it. Makes sense. 

There's two arguments that can be made about the situation, really:

You can be mad at GnR/TB/Axl for low-balling Izzy, and showing no interest in accommodating to bring him into the band for the reunion tour
You can be mad at Izzy for not being in it for the music & the fans, but just for the money

Personally, I've been very happy with Fortus on this tour and I'm sure he impressed a lot of people with how well he compliments Slash and the ChiDem leads

Edited by Gackt
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Why should it be shared equally? He quit 25 years ago and had nothing to do with the work that went into a reunion. 

Exactly. He sold his stake in GNR years ago. Regardless of contributions to the band he does not deserve to just waltz back into the band and get equal shares of the company. That's bad business. People here are romanticizing Izzy's worth. This would be like Walter White wanting back into Grey Matter after selling his shares: bad business. Izzy should have known the value of GNR brand back in the 90's and kept his shares. As Izzy said, moving right along. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ZoSoRose said:

Slash and Duff quit too. That is irrelevant 

Oh it's quite relevant. He quit GNR 25 years ago and has had nothing to do with the band or the brand since. Axl, Slash and Duff are the ones who managed the GNR brand the last 25 years. They're the ones who put the work into making the reunion tour happen, they're the ones that have been on court managing the GNR name. They deserve a bigger piece of the pie than the guy who quit 25 years ago and seems to just want to show up and play.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DexAxl said:

Why would you be mad at Izzy, he don't want to take less money than Duff and i think we can agree that Izzy is more worthy to GNR succes.

Axl & Duff are a lot more tight than Axl & Izzy; call it favoritism, but it's well-documented that Duff has always been Axl's yes-man from the original line-up, and will reap the benefits from that

Izzy simply isn't as valuable to the success of a reunion tour

38 minutes ago, liers said:

He was probably never offered a full time gig because Fortus was still on board, and since he was only going to be part time he probably wasn't going to be paid as much as the full time members. Same situation as Adler.

This seems like the most likely possibility.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Oh it's quite relevant. He quit GNR 25 years ago and has had nothing to do with the band or the brand since. Axl, Slash and Duff are the ones who managed the GNR brand the last 25 years. They're the ones who put the work into making the reunion tour happen, they're the ones that have been on court managing the GNR name. They deserve a bigger piece of the pie than the guy who quit 25 years ago and seems to just want to show up and play.

Naw.

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

Were fans

I dont give a fuck what good "buisness" is or the "brand value". Lol what a load of trash. I think of GNR the band, not GNR the buisness.

Its a reunion. Reunions are usually a fresh start sort of thing. Who cares if he left in 91 (which he needed to for his well being)? All 5 of those guys helped build the band in the old days. They all deserve to have been given a chance here based on the ethical, right choice.

But hey, it is what it is. Im not going to stop loving this lineup. It works for my personal taste but I dont blame others for being mad about this.

It sucks money got in the way, plain and simple

The only person who should care is Izzy. GNR is a business, too. It would be stupid to give cash to a guy 90% of the public do not care about. Now, had Izzy been in VR or another project with mainstream visibility then I could understand he would have something to being to the table, but his inclusion is just romanticizing of forum fans. Nobody else cares. Fuck, GNR did well with only Axl. So Izzy is just Izzy.