Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

yep, this is likely the worse and most pathetic, sad and disgusting move in axl, slash and duff careers

this is like at least 18 times worse than all their other fiascos -- chinese democracy, mickey voice, miles kennedy, richard fortus, frank ferrer etc etc etc -- comboed together

this is downright insulting and embarrassing

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NicDwolfwood said:

You're arguing minor bits and details. He was a band member by association only. He wasnt actively a GNR band member at the time since he was off doing his own thing..again, refuting your yes-man claims. and your claims that he sat around humoring Axl and his "Industrial Rock" project.

History contradicts that, Duff staying on Axl's side for the direction of the band back in the day

Either way, Izzy's value to a reunion tour is 2nd to last, meaning they were more than ready to move on with or without him on board

Just now, Gackt said:

History contradicts that, Duff staying on Axl's side for the direction of the band back in the day

Either way, Izzy's value to a reunion tour is 2nd to last, meaning they were more than ready to move on with or without him on board

Does it now? where's your proof of that?

The latter is obvious. which is why its been going pretty damn good so far.. The question is will it be as good for a 2nd run, if they dont put out a new record. thats the 100 million dollar question.

2 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Izzy matters to hardcore fans. Not to the 40k people showing up night after night. This is a fan forum debate. Nobody outside of here has a personal or emotional stake in it other than the band members. And I seriously doubt  Slash and Duff want to compensate Izzy.

That's a lame-ass tired and worn-out justification, sorry.

The entire world knows about those FIVE GUYS.  None of those FIVE GUYS are faceless.

Slash and Duff and Axl should want to compensate Izzy and Steven.  Doing so would benefit those three immensely in the long run.

1 minute ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Izzy matters to hardcore fans. Not to the 40k people showing up night after night. This is a fan forum debate. Nobody outside of here has a personal or emotional stake in it other than the band members. And I seriously doubt  Slash and Duff want to compensate Izzy.

To some extent, I agree with you, but... GNR are one of the rare bands where you knew all of the players.  Most fans during that time couldn't tell you who the guitarist in White Lion was but they could name all 5 guys in GNR.  Especially many of the people who can actually afford the high ticket prices - they were invested in this band at some point in their younger years and could probably tell you the name of every band member.  It is being marketed as a reunion tour so many of these people are hoping to see Izzy.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, arrio said:

The name of the song said it but such kind way

What song, FP money? If that's your point then you're absolutely right, just don't forget to add to it the fact that of all the people in the world to play on drums for the song, izzy got Matt Sorum. Matt Sorum. Who knew those two were even speaking for years..?!?! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

What song, FP money? If that's your point then you're absolutely right, just don't forget to add to it the fact that of all the people in the world to play on drums for the song, izzy got Matt Sorum. Matt Sorum. Who knew those two were even speaking for years..?!?! 

Matt thought that he would be a part of it and is upset with Slash and Duff for not lobbying to get him in.  

1 minute ago, Torb said:

So...Axl's gonna sing "Money Talks" with AC/DC? :lol:

I wish.  I love that song. 

I don't know why people are bringing up Fortus in this? It has nothing to do with Fortus. If they have a difference of opinion on how much he is contributing vs how much he is compensated then they will still have that difference of opinion whether Fortus is there or not. I mean, this is one of the reasons he left GNR in the first place!

Edited by sanity_lost

15 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I have zero issue with the lineup or with Fortus. I just think its hilarious how people have to jump to the Izzy doesnt matter/buisness decision thing because they dont want to criticize gnr

I agree with everything you've said, for me this Is a double edge sword.. On one hand, I am with every cool with fortus and I get GNR essentially using this as a continuation. On the other hand, if izzy wanted back in so bad and they wanted to market this as a reunion, then they should have dealt him in. 

5 minutes ago, KURT19 said:

That's a lame-ass tired and worn-out justification, sorry.

The entire world knows about those FIVE GUYS.  None of those FIVE GUYS are faceless.

Slash and Duff and Axl should want to compensate Izzy and Steven.  Doing so would benefit those three immensely in the long run.

But they are compensated. They receive royalties for the work they did in the past.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Does it now? where's your proof of that?

The latter is obvious. which is why its been going pretty damn good so far.. The question is will it be as good for a 2nd run, if they dont put out a new record. thats the 100 million dollar question.

Neurotic Outsiders being a catalyst for the band staying together for as long as it had :lol: it's worth spending time diving into the history of the band to see who was invested in what decisions to see why the band was so fractured

If Izzy wouldn't take what he was offered for a tour, a studio recording payout would be out of the question; Adler gives the impression he'd work for free to be with the band again, but Izzy's future with the band seems doubtful at best

2 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

Matt thought that he would be a part of it and is upset with Slash and Duff for not lobbying to get him in.  

I wish.  I love that song. 

Oh I know Eddie.. I remember when the Vegas shows started and Matt was asked if he would perescope the shows and he said he was watching Netflix reruns. Lol

Wow...so the cameos from Steven are really the closest thing we will ever get to a full afd5 reunion.

oh well. I do like the current line up a lot tho and look forward to seeing what they do with further touring and a possible new album.

i admire Izzy a lot and respect him greatly for writing the bulk of GNR's back catalog, but what I've wanted the most was to see Axl and slash working together again and we finally have that now. So I have no reason to complain about this aspect of the whole ordeal.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Eddie Money said:

Duff, the well-spoken diplomat should have stepped in to answer the interviewer's question.  

I'm honestly surprised Duff gave little input on the matter, unless some of his responses were edited out afterward

There's likely a lot more to the situation that hasn't been made public, money could be the tip of the iceberg

There was really no way to do this proper with the way Izzy and Steven exited the band originally

Unless they throw a bunch of money at Izzy for an Appetite 30th anniversary show next year, I don't think we'll ever see Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy/Steven all perform on the same stage again, and that's really dissapointing

Just now, TheSeeker said:

There was really no way to do this proper with the way Izzy and Steven exited the band originally

Unless they throw a bunch of money at Izzy for an Appetite 30th anniversary show next year, I don't think we'll ever see Axl/Slash/Duff/Izzy/Steven all perform on the same stage again, and that's really dissapointing

Or if fortus steps aside... 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Neurotic Outsiders being a catalyst for the band staying together for as long as it had :lol: it's worth spending time diving into the history of the band to see who was invested in what decisions to see why the band was so fractured

If Izzy wouldn't take what he was offered for a tour, a studio recording payout would be out of the question; Adler gives the impression he'd work for free to be with the band again, but Izzy's future with the band seems doubtful at best

That made no sense...If your implying the band remain becaue Duff was busy then nah, you're wrong..

yeah, Izzy isnt having shit to do with them unless they shell out the Dough..Doubtful is being nice..Money was a sticking point between Axl and Izzy 25 years ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheSeeker said:

4/5 ain't bad

The void can be filled by Dizzy fuckin' Reed :axl:

• Like 1