Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

Just now, IncitingChaos said:

I can't wait to see pissed off Axl go into the studio and destroy Izzy and ju ju hounds!! 

Screw rock I want Axl to release a mixtape and venture into hip hop. 

Jk Axl has a soft spot for Izzy. I'm sure he's given Mr. Stradlin a call tonight. Like "wtf man...I told you I'd pay you after the tour and give you a $300 signing bonus!" 

Cuz I'll be standing on the corner, calling you names, with my juvenile skills and my juvenile games! 

Sucks for fans because after this, there is little to no chance we see Izzy on stage with them anytime soon.  Sounds like Izzy is nowhere near pleased with them....and him putting them on blast on social media is the absolute nail in the coffin in terms of him being a part of this.

No way they jeopardize having drama at this point in the tour.  We will be lucky if they ever make amends after this.

I hope I'm wrong...but I doubt it.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

Sucks for fans because after this, there is little to no chance we see Izzy on stage with them anytime soon.  Sounds like Izzy is nowhere near pleased with them....and him putting them on blast on social media is the absolute nail in the coffin in terms of him being a part of this.

No way they jeopardize having drama at this point in the tour.  We will be lucky if they ever make amends after this.

Nah. Many fans thought they'd never see Axl and Slash together on stage again and here they are. Eventually maybe the money was too much to turn down regardless of if they need it. There's no reason Izzy can't be involved if a deal can be worked out that's agreeable to all parties. Money talks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigpoop said:

I can see why it would piss him off for them to pretend they don't know why he's not involved. It's one thing to say nothing, but to say they don't know when they damn well do know...yeah, that'd piss a guy off.

True. Thats what doesnt sit well with me either...Axl painted him as Flakey and non commital. It explains why Izzy was so inclined to flat out come out with the truth

20 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Well, I could. Izzy also quit because the guys weren't sober at the time, and he was. It was detrimental to his health to be in GNR at the time, it isn't now. And he fact of the matter is regardless of what you said being how Axl slash and duff feel or not, as it's already been pointed out, izzy was the heart and soul of the band. He had a key part in writing and helping create 95% of the songs they play each night. He has a case... 

I think we have a slight disconnect. Yes, I can see why Izzy would like to be involved. I can see why he would want equal pay, even, but I am not seeing why Axl/Duff/Slash would suddenly change their mind on their opinion on if they should cut him in and give him the same pay that they are getting. Yes, Izzy quit because of GNR was a detriment to his health, but he also quit because Axl put contract in front of him saying he shouldn't get the same authority and benefits of the other three.

We fans think he has a case. Whether Axl/Duff/Slash thinks he has a case is something else entirely.

I just think Fortus should be left out of this. This is between Axl/Duff/Slash and Izzy. Going after Fortus for it is ... like kicking the dog because your wife made you mad.

Edited by sanity_lost

1 minute ago, Subtle Signs said:

Nah. Many fans thought they'd never see Axl and Slash togethetr on stage again and here they are. Eventually maybe the money was too much to turn down regardless of if they need it. There's no reason Izzy can't be involved if a deal can be worked out that's agreeable to all parties. Money talks.

Before this tweet, I would agree with you....but after this, it will be a long time....if ever. 

This tour is still a somewhat sensitive situation.  There is a reason most of the band has said next to nothing about it other than recently....because this is exactly what they wanted to avoid - any sort of media fueled controversy.  The irony is that they finally have an interview to make fans happy and within days of it, the first major controversy the band has had in years emerges. 

Not only will we not see Izzy anytime soon, I can pretty much guarantee any real (other than small talk) interviews are over. 

6 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

True. Thats what doesnt sit well with me either...Axl painted him as Flakey and non commital. It explains why Izzy was so inclined to flat out come out with the truth

Axl has been painting him as flaky and noncommittal for decades now.

1 hour ago, ludurigan said:

yep, this is likely the worse and most pathetic, sad and disgusting move in axl, slash and duff careers

this is like at least 18 times worse than all their other fiascos -- chinese democracy, mickey voice, miles kennedy, richard fortus, frank ferrer etc etc etc -- comboed together

this is downright insulting and embarrassing

It's not worse than Miles Kennedy. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bacardimayne said:

Founding member and primary songwriter excluded from reunion tour because they didn't want to pay him as much as the bass player.

The most pathetic revelation in the history of Guns N' Roses.

You mean co-founding member and the second best songwriter (after Axl).

I agree with other poster here: they won´t fire Richard (he has been for 14 years now),probably they offered Izzy  a small rol (and in consequence, smaller money).

He was important to the band (no doubt) but the guy had no commitment with the band at all and is very volatile. I understand their decision (if this tweet was real).

Edited by Juliette
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KURT19 said:

That's a lame-ass tired and worn-out justification, sorry.

The entire world knows about those FIVE GUYS.  None of those FIVE GUYS are faceless.

Slash and Duff and Axl should want to compensate Izzy and Steven.  Doing so would benefit those three immensely in the long run.

I love Izzy man. And acknowledge his contributions, but nobody I know is aware of Izzy Stradlin outside of hardcore GNR fans or the music press. The band didn't need him during the UYI tour to sell out stadiums and that's when he was actually a visible member. This a fan forum whine fest. 

Edited by The Holographic Universe
Cuz.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, sanity_lost said:

I think we have a slight disconnect. Yes, I can see why Izzy would like to be involved. I can see why he would want equal pay, even, but I am not seeing why Axl/Duff/Slash would suddenly change their mind on on their opinion on if they should cut him and give him the same pay that they are getting. Yes, Izzy quit because of GNR was a detriment to his health, but he also quit because Axl put contract in front of him saying he shouldn't get the same authority and benefits of the other three.

We fans thinks he has a case. Whether Axl/Duff/Slash thinks he has a case is something else entirely.

I just think Fortus should be left out of this. This is between Axl/Duff/Slash and Izzy. Going after Fortus for it is ... like kicking the dog because your wife made you mad.

Well nowhere am I saying fortus sucks or shouldn't be there, if it were up to me they'd both be there and it'd be an 8 person band. Maybe that kind of money just isn't realistic...? If fortus stepped aside, idk maybe they deal izzy in. Maybe they stay cheapos and take on gilby Clarke or even Dave kushner. That part we may not realistically know. But it certainly wouldn't hurt izzys case for returning if they needed a rhythm guitar player.

They needed a bass player because Tommy Stinson really didn't/couldn't continue in, so Axl called duff. Axl/GNR needed someone on lead guitar after bumblefoot quit guns and eventually ashba quits as well, probably because he knew they at least needed a lead guitarist and were working things out with slash, but he announced it on his Facebook page. You don't announce you're quitting something you wouldn't be a part of, you just congratulate your favorite band on doing what's right since you're already the ultimate optimist. Ironically, slash is confirmed back in. Something happens with pitman who said he was in publicly, then is out and his position is replaced.

This may be a reunion, but it's also a continuation to Axl even though he sees the reunion aspect because the one thing GNR had to do was replace positions in the band that needed to be addressed.

Its a fair assessment...

12 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Exactly. Axl's all like 'Oh that's that wacky Izzy. Who knows why he does what he does'.  And Izzy sees that and is just like, Fuck you. You know exactly why.

2 minutes ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

now we're back to the good ol' mygnr with whining and complaining, but this time it's Axl vs Izzy for 20 years (just like I said)

riding the dick of a dude that's been missing for over 2 decades does seem a little bit absurd eh? :D 

but then again, I couldn't give less shit about any of this, they're touring and I'm happy. Izzy can fuck right off like he wants to and Izzy supporters can do that too :D 

but not that I care

If you didn't care, you wouldn't comment. Especially to that extent. Not that I care ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bacardimayne said:

As I said earlier in the week, this may be the most pathetic thing Axl and Guns N' Roses have ever done.

Not even in the 2011-2014 dark ages did Axl keep a founding member of the band and longtime friend out for petty money reasons.

Absolutely disgusting. Sad my theory has been proven true about this corporate, shit, cashgrab tour.

Here what you want to hear, then form your entire opinion around it, sure.

You want your theory to be true, so youll take only information that fits your theory and disregard anything to the contrary.