Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

1 minute ago, megaguns1982 said:

Totally agree, there would have been a way around it, but izzy probably just wanted a very simple business model, everything split evenly, and they wouldn't do it.

there may have been stipulations to do with , what guns n roses pays for and what each individual member pays for. That could also make things very complicated..

example would be:

Izzy can come in for a guest spot on a few songs, we'll pay you x amount but you can pay for your own airfares and hotel etc out of your cut...

yea give or take a few percentage points they could've drawn up numbers that worked for everyone. 

Izzy response makes it obvious to me he was severely lowballed

• Like 1

It's possible there's more to this than meets the eye. I love Izzy, probably my favourite member but I just wonder if there's some key part that we're missing. That $40,000 figure sounds like an insult no doubt about it. But seeing as Axl wants to keep going with playing the Chinese stuff, was Izzy willing to learn those songs? Or is this further complicated by Izzy only wanting to do old stuff and write some new songs but Axl wants to keep going with the Chinese and is holding out because Izzy doesn't want to play it... Can't imagine Izzy wanting to learn Chinese songs, maybe that's part of the issue

1 minute ago, Top-Hatted One said:

yea give or take a few percentage points they could've drawn up numbers that worked for everyone. 

Izzy response makes it obvious to me he was severely lowballed

If that $40000 thing is true, fucking oath he got lowballed. 

Im assuming he was offered a similar deal to what melissa, richard and frank get paid.

its a possibility that deals were getting made and then izzy got told exactly how much money was gonna be made and asked for more

7 minutes ago, GibsonLP said:

It's possible there's more to this than meets the eye. I love Izzy, probably my favourite member but I just wonder if there's some key part that we're missing. That $40,000 figure sounds like an insult no doubt about it. But seeing as Axl wants to keep going with playing the Chinese stuff, was Izzy willing to learn those songs? Or is this further complicated by Izzy only wanting to do old stuff and write some new songs but Axl wants to keep going with the Chinese and is holding out because Izzy doesn't want to play it... Can't imagine Izzy wanting to learn Chinese songs, maybe that's part of the issue

Yea i've mentioned that a few times over the past few months but all we have to go on right now is Izzy's tweet since the others chose to play dumb. Now they either remain silent and hope this drama passes, fire back or best case, they rectify it before South America

1 hour ago, metalms said:

I agree with this mostly, not sure I would go as far to say it could affect future band possibilities.  I think the band in the long term is better off without him, stability wise.  Go back in time, he often didn't do interviews with the rest of the band, was disinterested in making videos  and above all else he QUIT and has been out of the band for so long now. That said I am not diminishing Izzy's contributions, but he never seemed comfortable with the "Business" of music, and wanted to march to the beat of his own drummer...  I am 41 saw GNR in 91 and he had already left the band by then so I have never even seen Izzy with GNR.  To put it in perspective I was still in highschool at the time.  The money GNR earned him is the reason he doesn't have to do anything he doesn't wish to,  which is sadly ironic.  Too bad.

Thats the pessimist in me haha.

Agree with everything you expanded on. Just because we arent on Izzy's side in this situation, we arent diminishing his contributions to the music.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Billsfan said:

And no where in what I typed did I say izzy hated sorum. But that's ONE instance of the two working together since the GNR split or whatever the hell it was.. But give me a break, of all the people to work with?! He knew damn well sorum wanted to be involved. That was a different beast too, t was a supergroup. Everything izzy has done beyond that he's had his own no name drummer. That was done on purpose- clear as day. 

Clear as day!

18 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Nah. The show goes on. Izzy should have taken what was offered and enjoyed playing the music around the world. He let his pride get in the way. 

Something tells me this will be a case of musical chairs. By the time Izzy wants to commit, (if that ever happens), either Slash and or Duff will be out again. Steven will play with Guns as long as his body allows. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Shitty as it is, he walked out on the partnership decades ago, who says he's entitled to an equal cut?

So did Slash and duff.

They really had no choice but to quit. All 3 of them izzy, slash and duff.

Only Steven was fired 

Edited by Top-Hatted One

58 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Well this fuckin sucks. I've always been a Slash/Axl guy more than anything but they along with Duff have dropped a few notches below to me. This explains the ridiculous silence & astronomical prices and confirms to me that money was the driving force behind the entire reunion. Not re-kindling friendship & brotherhood. Not the love for their music and not the pleading and starved fans.

Shame. Hope things are rectified soon and we can all live happily ever after otherwise this really fuckin blows. And if it is be ready to spend $800 a ticket instead of $330

Relationships are about compromise. It isnt Axl/Slash give into all of Izzys demands while Izzy doesnt compromise at all. I dont think he's willing to put in the work that the others have, hence the band's skepticism or reluctance to offer the amount Izzy was seeking. What if he pulled a walk off on tour again? That drama alone could kill the tour. A risk not worth taking. You dont always know what youll get with Izzy. He likes to do him. Nothing wrong with that, but dont expect the team to bend over for you. As weve seen thus far, you can count on the big 3 to deliver night after night in 2016

3 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Naw..They were gonna fire his ass, and he knew it. So he Quit VR before they had to chance to humiliate him publically like that.

They announced his firing anyway, and it's not like he went on to do a full STP greatest hits reunion tour for free.

4 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

So did Slash and duff.

They really had no choice but to quit. All 3 of them izzy, slash and duff.

Only Steven was fired 

I don't think its that clear cut. I believe izzy left the partnership and despite slash and duff quitting, they were always part of the old guns n roses partnership.

the partnership is Axl,Slash and Duff. Always was since like 1992.

Just now, NicDwolfwood said:

Thats not true at all man.. Yeah they(Slash and Duff) quit. But they never relinquished their piece of the partnership. everything that the other has done these past 20 years had to be under an agreement by all 3. Everything having to do with GNR had to be ok'd by all 3. Live albums, DVD's, merchandise, licensing. Thats why they sued when that Greatest hits came out, because the label went over their heads with it.

That's the key part, they still have a hand on all the past GNR stuff, Izzy doesn't. He can't claim to merit an equal share for turning up and playing songs.

• Like 4