Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

and many many more...

There is no comparison with Slash's cock rock and Axl's Chinese beeps and farts. Superior music altogether (and I quite like some of Slash's stuff).

There is no way any of those songs are as good as Catcher In The Rye, TWAT, Sorry, Street of Dreams, Better.

And as much as Slash's solo efforts have been below par, songs like Messages, You Got No Right, Gotten, Saint Is A Sinner Too and Anastasia are all better than Izzy's solo stuff.

• Like 4

Just now, Towelie said:

There is no way any of those songs are as good as Catcher In The Rye, TWAT, Sorry, Street of Dreams, Better.

And as much as Slash's solo efforts have been below par, songs like Messages, You Got No Right, Gotten, Saint Is A Sinner Too and Anastasia are all better than Izzy's solo stuff.

Well I completely disagree. I like some of that Slash stuff but that does not hold a candle to Izzy's stuff, and Axl's Chinese material is simply garbage compared to the classiness of Stradlin's solo stuff - just listen to that gorgeous slide guitar on Bleedin'. 

He has already and continues to get compensation for what he's brought to the band. This tour is different and separate. Some of you have no clue how the music industry operates. 

I highly doubt the 3 main guys are even being paid equally. You get whatever you can leverage. You are paid for whatever you can bring to the table in 2016, not 1991. I also highly doubt he was offered anything but a similar guest spot like Adler. Is Izzy inferring that he should be paid more than him? Is that fair to Steven? Steven took the offer because it worked for him, and wanted to be there. Izzy felt differently.

Now everyone looks like assholes because he aired the laundry. I wouldn't expect many interviews for the foreseeable future. The fans lose out in this situation...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

and many many more...

There is no comparison with Slash's cock rock and Axl's Chinese beeps and farts. Superior music altogether (and I quite like some of Slash's stuff).

Yes but you know Izzy doesn't tour, doesn't do press so it's not important unless he becomes a media whore. :shrugs:

Am I the only one who thinks it does not makes sense for them to split the money equally? Imo Axl should be getting more, he's ruining his voice gradually with singing, there is higher cost to him doing the shows than to the others. Also, he is the frontman. 

15 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Well, what use do they have for Izzy now? Dude wrote some good songs 30 years ago, but hasn't written jackshit of worth since. They don't need him for his stage charisma (he has none) and even if they were to release a new album (lol) I think Slash/Axl/Duff have written far better songs in the last 25 years than Izzy. I like Don't Cry and Patience as much as the next GNR fan, but I don't have much faith that he could still contribute songs of that calibre these days.

I liked Chinese Democracy, and Izzy certainly made some good songs after leaving GN'R. In my opinion, Slash and Duff's catalogue subsequent to the split were mostly generic rock songs.

An equal split for the 'Appetite five' would be my preference. It is not as if the songwriters would not make more money anyway through their publishing (especially if they release a DVD) and it solves problems like this if you simply say from the beginning: split it equally. Problem sorted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EvH said:

What a fabulous thing to witness. Axl, Slash and Duff share the same stage, Adler makes guest appeareances and still, people like you are quick to complaintm and even to insult them.

For fucks sake, grow up.

Yeah, tend to agree here.

Just my own bumbfuck opinion but I think Izzy's on another planet if he really thought he was entitled to or was going to receive as much as the other 3.

Only the AFD 5 would really make me piss my pants but having Slash and Duff back is pretty fucking awesome...have we forgotten how awful the 09-14 (or perhaps mid 90's- 2014) periods were?

Look on the bright side.

Just now, DR DOOM said:

Just my own bumbfuck opinion but I think Izzy's on another planet if he really thought he was entitled to or was going to receive as much as the other 3.

Why?

Izzy founded Guns N' Roses. Slash and Duff didn't.

Izzy wrote far more than Duff McKagan

Izzy wrote more than Slash also.

And do not mention the Izzy quitting thing as Axl quit Guns in 1995, creating a new band (which Slash and Duff subsequently quit), i.e. they all quit Guns at some point between 1991 - 1997.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

However, I do not worship anyone. One of the things I would like to say to Axl or Slash or Duff if I met them is "Ticket prices are too fucking high you cheeky cheapskates." and they would not give a fuck which is why I do not dream about hanging out with them. People like that believe their own hype and are in their own little bubble of bullshit and you can't communicate with them in a normal way, so fuck that. But you're telling me I have to just be completely happy with Fortus despite this circumstance with Izzy because Axl and the others like Fortus and I should mimic how they feel lol? Fuck that also.

Out of likes!:thumbsup:

Just now, Live Like a Suicide said:

Jesus. No wonder why Izzy seems pissed. I would be too. Hopefully they can eventually sort things out when the current deal expires.

Thats on this. I only know Izzy was offered 10k a show for the 2 Vegas shows and 2 Coachella shows

Axl 50%
Slash 25%
Duff 25%

• Like 1

Just now, Gibbo said:

Thats on this. I only know Izzy was offered 10k a show for the 2 Vegas shows and 2 Coachella shows

Axl 50%
Slash 25%
Duff 25%

I can't imagine the offer would improve, especially if that quote of Duff's is legitimate. Though here's hoping. I'm actually quite astonished at the offer. Thanks for getting us the info. You're always a reliable and valuable member of the community!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Why?

Izzy founded Guns N' Roses. Slash and Duff didn't.

Izzy wrote far more than Duff McKagan

Izzy wrote more than Slash also.

And do not mention the Izzy quitting thing as Axl quit Guns in 1995, creating a new band (which Slash and Duff subsequently quit), i.e. they all quit Guns at some point between 1991 - 1997.

I hate to be out of likes when I want to like the fuck out of this comment!

3 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

If Axl gets 50 and the other 2 get 25 each that is 100% of profit, of what profit?  What do the others get then?

I think thats after expenses it gets split between the 3 but thats only a guess

Edited by Gibbo

8 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Axl 50%
Slash 25%
Duff 25%

And was this just for a couple of songs or entire show. Because 10k a show is fine if his just doing 2 songs like adlers been doing.

Edited by vloors
  • Like 1

keep in mind that this tour has a payroll of nearly $300,000 per month, $550,000 in hotel expenses, $110,000 in per diem, and so forth. This doesn't count truck and bus rental, airfare, fuel costs, band member salaries, and more. It is quite possible that it would take 25% of the income to cover all of this. If all of this income is dispersed through a management company controlled by Axl, a 50% cut seems plausible. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

We just have to wait til the next round. GN'R could easily fill those stadiums again with the original five. It's great marketing. Currently its the Slash/Axl tour, next probably new album tour, then Reunion tour. GN'R is here to stay for a long time.

I sure hope you're right.