Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

1 minute ago, Slosh13 said:

Yep. Most people haven't a clue how the entertainment industry operates. 

Izzy has pulled a party trick here: by airing the business side of things in public he has made the other three look like assholes and got the fans on his side to leverage a better deal - because it's nothing personal, it's business. I also think he feels left out that no one is talking about him which is why he opened his Twitter account.

I think this makes them all look bad, Izzy isn't an angel. He is a different breed for sure. Axl is nuts and Slash is all about image. It's Duff that surprises me, perhaps he's a ruthless business man. 

3 minutes ago, MisterNo said:

The tour was not his product

Then why, if this is a collaborative project between the 'three', of which Izzy was merely 'invited' (I think that is the general area of your argument?), are they playing 'Patience', 'Double Talkin' Jive', 'Used To Love Her', 'You Could Be Mine', 'Brownstone', 'Don't Cry', 'My Michelle' and Sweet Child'? (in loose descending order reflecting Stradlin's importance to said songs)?

7 minutes ago, Slosh13 said:

Izzy has pulled a party trick here: by airing the business side of things in public he has made the other three look like assholes and got the fans on his side to leverage a better deal - because it's nothing personal, it's business. I also think he feels left out that no one is talking about him which is why he opened his Twitter account.

B-I-N-G-O

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Then why, if this is a collaborative project between the 'three', of which Izzy was merely 'invited' (I think that is the general area of your argument?), are they playing 'Patience', 'Double Talkin' Jive', 'Used To Love Her', 'You Could Be Mine', 'Brownstone', 'Don't Cry', 'My Michelle' and Sweet Child'? (in loose descending order reflecting Stradlin's importance to said songs)?

Because they play whatever they want? It's not as if Izzy hasn't been paid for writing those songs. Can Izzy go to a club gig and demand equal split from the guy on stage if he covers Patience? Where the hell is the logic in arguing about song credits? He's been and will continue to be compensated for that work forever. 

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Cuz GNR  (not Izzy) owns rights tio this songs. And AFAIK, Izzy gets paid for songs he wrote or co-wrote.

Izzy put himself in the same position as Bill Ward in BS. GNR will continue without Izzy.

But i will go with team Izzy this time, cos i don't like money being the issue. They are making a shit load of cash, they would make even more money if Izzy was involved (in my opinion).

An besides.. no new music...... just the same tour with different ppl. Yeah, it's cool to see Axl and Slash together again.. but Metallica is releasing music again, so is RHCP, Green Day... etc..  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Slosh13 said:

That doesn't work that way...

By making this public, it pretty much confirms that we won't be seeing Izzy on a GNR stage at least for some years now. He's number one on the hate list.

Edited by Russel Nash

20 minutes ago, Slosh13 said:

Probably.  And all his previous tweets were ok...and they were somewhat doing the trick.

This last tweet crossed the line, imo and I'm just about sure he shot himself in the foot with it because if history has shown anything about these guys is that they don't want their laundry out in the media.

I'm 99% sure we won't be seeing Izzy involved with GN'R anytime soon...maybe ever.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, cooker said:

I think this makes them all look bad, Izzy isn't an angel. He is a different breed for sure. Axl is nuts and Slash is all about image. It's Duff that surprises me, perhaps he's a ruthless business man. 

I think you might have got it right. And yes, they all look bad. Izzy a bit more today 'cause he is the one who is throwing a shade. 

16 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

Because they play whatever they want? It's not as if Izzy hasn't been paid for writing those songs. Can Izzy go to a club gig and demand equal split from the guy on stage if he covers Patience? Where the hell is the logic in arguing about song credits? He's been and will continue to be compensated for that work forever. 

But MisterNo put it across that it was a 'product', originating between Axl, Slash and Duff, when in fact it is a half-arsed reunion using the same old imagery and same old songs (including Izzy's). 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Why?

Izzy founded Guns N' Roses. Slash and Duff didn't.

Izzy wrote far more than Duff McKagan

Izzy wrote more than Slash also.

And do not mention the Izzy quitting thing as Axl quit Guns in 1995, creating a new band (which Slash and Duff subsequently quit), i.e. they all quit Guns at some point between 1991 - 1997.

Yeah, but I think Izzy leaving early into the Illusion tour kind of puts him down the totem pole a bit. At least Slash and Duff saw that thing to the end. It proved that the public accepted GnR without Izzy.

4 hours ago, RooSaa said:

Agree with you - out of likes, otherwise i would etc.e given you one.

I hope those numbers are not true. Why should Axl get 50% and the rest - especially Slash and somehow also Duff - get so much less? Is it because Axl is considering himself the boss? Is he the person who says who will get how much? Or because he owns the band name? I just dont quite understand that, because it is not that Axl is doing more than Slash or Duff, regarding the band, and being onstage, etc ... so there should be a more equaly share than that. Plus people cant deny the fact, that Slash is a huge point that GNR is doing so well again.

But regarding Izzy, what if he would get the amount of money he wanted? What would have happened with Fortus? If Izzy comes back fulltime and Slash is fulltime there too, what should Fortus do? Playing the second rythmn guitar? there isn't need for that. Fortus leaving the band? Something Axl probably would not let have happened.

Look at It like this Axl owns the name was the biggest selling point, made more money before the show, so for all intentions and porpoises he is the big dog in here,, now we have Slash, on his own not really worth that much, still when put together with Axl the amount of money ifEach of them makes multiplies significantly enough so that he's the second biggest pay in the bill, then we have Duff whom also shares some name recognition and cash but wouldn't made nearly as much money as a musician on his own, so he gets the third spot, then we have everyone else including Dizzy Fortus, Mellisa, Frank, Adler etc. Izzy on the other hand while much more valuable than the other five from a marketing point of view is even less recognized than Duff, plus he's asking for more cash than what he brings to the table, so it makes no sense to pay him that cash if he's not willing to settle or compromise.

You close your eyes, all well and good
I’ll kick your ass like I said that I would
You tell them stories they’d rather believe
Use and confuse them, they’re numb and naive
Truth is the truth hurts, don’t you agree?
It’s harder to live with the truth about you
Than to live with the lies about me

:axl:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I think people are being too harsh to each other over this..

Couple quick points that came to mind after reading the last couple pages. and then I gotta go to work..

It is comical now watching the Axlites denounce Izzy now and try to discredit his contributions to the band. He was there during there from the beginning. The hard years and worked just as hard as everyone else to get this band off the ground. When he left the stage was set for them to go as far as they were gonna go. He is far more important than Duff ever was and I love Duff. Watching people trash him is just laughable. Reaching at things to make him look like this evil, over rated, untalented piece of Gn'R history.. A lot like what people did to Slash over the years. "Slash is a disgusting liar because he said he didn't like Sweet Child O Mine 30 years ago but likes it now" when he said in the Rockumentary in 89 that he learned to like the song when playing live.

Does Izzy deserve an equal amount? Who knows and who knows what he was offered.. I would say he he should get every bit as much as Duff anyway.. We still don't know what happened or the details.. Both sides are obviously going to have their side of it. Izzy was probably an afterthought and the offer was a slap in the face. 

I am not taking sides... I do think they probably low balled him and for someone that remained friends with them all through the years it was probably pretty insulting. At this point in my life I am not going to hate anyone on either side over it. 

The reunion has been great.. It could have been better if Izzy, Steven (more than 6 songs a tour) or even Matt and Gilby were involved instead of the line up that is out there but it has still been good. 

I have felt the whole time that Izzy probably got dicked over. Most people did. Does this one tweet change anything from how things stood a week ago? It is still an awesome reunion that has room for improvement. 

I never stated my few quick points and now I am late for work lol..

Everyone just chill the fuck out... Let the guys speak for themselves.. If we have learned anything with this band it is never say never..

Duff, work your magic.. Weren't you just writing and releasing music with Izzy just a few months ago for your book?  Does this feel right to you? It is just sad that they have all come this far to reconcile and now there is an odd man out..

Sorry to ramble.. So much to say but I need to get the fuck off my couch and get to work hah.

We haven't had a good ol' mygnr meltdown in AGES! It's like the old days lmao

• Like 2

Axl easily forgot that Izzy was the only guy from GnR who supported his new band with dozens of live appearances since 2006, that Izzy was the only guy who didn't want to attend the hall of fame because of Axl, that same Izzy supported Axl a week or so after Hall of fame with his attendance at Axl's show...'right from hall of shame' Axl.

maxresdefault.jpg
Guns-N-Roses.jpg

Found a head and an arm in da garbage can
Don't know why I'm here
Livin' on the run for oh so long
I gotta go collect
Double talkin' jive
Get the money motherfucker
'Cause I got no more patience
Double talkin'
I got (Lies)
No more patience man

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

Axl easily forgot that Izzy was the only guy from GnR who supported his new band with dozens of live appearances since 2006, that Izzy was the only guy who didn't want to attend the hall of fame because of Axl, that same Izzy supported Axl a week or so after Hall of fame with his attendance at Axl's show...'right from hall of shame' Axl.

maxresdefault.jpg
Guns-N-Roses.jpg

Found a head and an arm in da garbage can
Don't know why I'm here
Livin' on the run for oh so long
I gotta go collect
Double talkin' jive
Get the money motherfucker
'Cause I got no more patience
Double talkin'
I got (Lies)
No more patience man

And Axl was hurt to discover afterwards the only reason Izzy played with GNR in 2006 was because he demanded and received a large sum of money to do it.

2 hours ago, Jane M. said:

Oh please, that tour went on because they got Gilby, the one that a lot of people claim has zero importance in GNR history. 

Wow.

THIS.

Thank you for making my point. The tour STILL WENT ON after Izzy walked by getting Gibly f'n Clarke. Izzys replaceable (on stage, not writing). If Slash and Duff walked off a tour, the tour would be cancelled. 

5 hours ago, Gibbo said:

A direct quote from Duff's mouth " Izzy thinks he's gonna get his fucken 25% back, that's never gonna fucken happen"

Lol didn't surprised Duff said this, he's also the one that allegedly against the inclusion of Steven.

Maybe years of being businessman makes him hates unreliability more.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

''Patience'' is more Stradlin - Rose's input is minimal

:lol:how do you know that? 

The motivation for the track is generally accepted to be the troublesome relationship between Axl Rose and his now ex-wife Erin Everly, though this was never stated in the album or interviews. According to bass guitarist Duff McKagan, "Axl came up with a great lyric, seemingly out of nowhere, that of course became the story and melody of that song". (7) 

Duff is a better source than you, I guess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patience_(Guns_N%27_Roses_song)