Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

Izzy's the father who didn't want to be a father so he left his girlfriend and new born son.

Then the son grows up to be a famous rich athlete and he expects to come back into his son's life and be taking care of as much as the mother because mother and father are equals.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

No, Duff just washed his hands of it eighteen years ago.

He was still involved in the legal and behind the scenes stuff, so evidently not. 

• Like 2

Just now, -W.A.R- said:

anybody denouncing/downplaying Izzy is elevating audacity to symphonic and operatic levels

Its ok to admit you only like the band because you think Axl is cool 

I actually don't think Axl is cool at all, never did really.  But damn they pot out some great music back in the day.  That's why I like them, for the fucking music.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Yes, suing Axl trying to hinder Guns N' Roses (as it then existed) activity!

Izzy did not impede Axl's new band.

Because he didn't care. He hadn't cared since 1991. He quit. That was his decision. It's only when he senses a big pay day that he suddenly cares to be involved in GNR again.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If he was in the partnership he could have, we don't know and can't predict one way or another. If I was Duff or Slash, I may have initiated a lawsuit as well. 

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

Because he didn't care. He hadn't cared since 1991. He quit. That was his decision. It's only when he senses a big pay day that he suddenly cares to be involved in GNR again.

We don't know if that is wholly the reason. 

Edited by cooker

I think it's a moot point debating this.  We don't know the details of what happened in terms of the business aspect.

Izzy is saying they "wouldn't split the loot equally".

We still don't know the exact details of even what he means by that.

Does he want the exact % of what the other guys are getting?  Even for just a few guest spots?  Does he want equal involvement?

From Guns standpoint, they may have offered him guest spots like Adler is getting....maybe something like $50k per night for 2 songs.

And hypothetically, if the big 3 were getting $500k a show each...that would average out to $20k per song in a 25 song show....so in that particular scenario, Izzy would actually be getting paid MORE per song than the other guys.

This is all hypothetical... And I'm just trying to show that we have no idea what really went on behind the scenes and to take either side/debating this at this point, as fans makes no sense...we don't have enough information to do so.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, drtydane said:

Lol. Why didn't duff get offered less instead of Izzy, cuz he was friendly with Axl and played with Slash? Fuckin bullshit. The big three should def include Stradlin..

To be honest I feel like Axl's cut is bigger. Rightly so. 

Slash and Duff likely have an equal share.

Also why must it be Axl maybe the others didn't want to do equal shares.

6 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

anybody denouncing/downplaying Izzy is elevating audacity to symphonic and operatic levels

Its ok to admit you only like the band because you think Axl is cool 

The Axl sheep mentality really baffles me.

I love Axl, Slash, Duff, Steven, the Nugnr guys, etc. Its ok to support people AND criticize them

• Like 1

Just now, Modano09 said:

I'd rather somebody lacking interest in suing me, then somebody passionate enough to sue me. Convoluted logic.

In actual fact he was obviously asked and wanted equality of pay, which is the fairest deal in the world considering he founded the band (before Slash and Duff arrived), wrote more songs than Slash and Duff and was one fifth of the classic line-up everybody hankers for.

Duff wrote three songs for Guns, It's so Easy, Get in the Ring and So Fine!! He contributed a bit to Civil War, Paradise City and Rocket Queen, but besides those, and compared with Stradlin, his contribution is minuscule.

2 hours ago, Heisenberg said:

Axl easily forgot that Izzy was the only guy from GnR who supported his new band with dozens of live appearances since 2006, that Izzy was the only guy who didn't want to attend the hall of fame because of Axl, that same Izzy supported Axl a week or so after Hall of fame with his attendance at Axl's show...'right from hall of shame' Axl.

maxresdefault.jpg
Guns-N-Roses.jpg

Found a head and an arm in da garbage can
Don't know why I'm here
Livin' on the run for oh so long
I gotta go collect
Double talkin' jive
Get the money motherfucker
'Cause I got no more patience
Double talkin'
I got (Lies)
No more patience man

Yup, izzy was always in axls corner Although also kind of neutral because he's also appeared with velvet revolver and slashs solo material. But it never seemed to bother Axl so... Water under the bridge. Any way you look at, this is a bad look for GNR,

it's a bad look for Axl. It's a bad look for Slash. It's a bad look for Duff.

Just now, ZoSoRose said:

The Axl sheep mentality really baffles me.

I love Axl, Slash, Duff, Steven, the Nugnr guys, etc. Its ok to support people AND criticize them

I'm not downplaying Izzy's role in the band 25 years ago. I don't think he's necessary for this particular tour, and I don't think he's entitled to as much money as Axl/Slash/Duff. He can't wash his hands of GNR 25 years ago and then, when Axl/Slash/Duff make this reunion/tour happen, come waltzing back in expecting the same money they're getting.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I agree on that.

Like I've said before I feel like Axl likely said this is my cut you guys share the rest. 

Their cut was likely a good cut too. Axl pays the other members maybe out of his cut.

I could be wrong but again we don't know who wouldn't share what.

Everyone is always quick to blame Axl.

2 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I'm not downplaying Izzy's role in the band 25 years ago. I don't think he's necessary for this particular tour, and I don't think he's entitled to as much money as Axl/Slash/Duff. He can't wash his hands of GNR 25 years ago and then, when Axl/Slash/Duff make this reunion/tour happen, come waltzing back in expecting the same money they're getting.

By altering the date and members in what you said, I could make this argument work for Slash and Duff who also quit. But yes, ''Slash sued Axl in 2005 thus demonstrated that he cares''!!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

Everyone is always quick to blame Axl.

That's the whole problem with this whole thread.  Eceryone is quick to rush to judgement against someone without actually knowing any fucking facts.  You all have fun basing your decisions on he said/she said....ill wait for facts and really don't actually care bc it's not my life like it is theirs.

Edited by tsinindy

13 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Izzy's the father who didn't want to be a father so he left his girlfriend and new born son.

Then the son grows up to be a famous rich athlete and he expects to come back into his son's life and be taking care of as much as the mother because mother and father are equals.

He was still involved in the legal and behind the scenes stuff, so evidently not. 

Izzy left GnR on their prime. They couldn't release relevant album ever since.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'd rather somebody lacking interest in suing me, then somebody passionate enough to sue me. Convoluted logic.

In actual fact he was obviously asked and wanted equality of pay, which is the fairest deal in the world considering he founded the band (before Slash and Duff arrived), wrote more songs than Slash and Duff and was one fifth of the classic line-up everybody hankers for.

Duff wrote three songs for Guns, It's so Easy, Get in the Ring and So Fine!! He contributed a bit to Civil War, Paradise City and Rocket Queen, but besides those, and compared with Stradlin, his contribution is minuscule.

He's compensated for the role he played in writing songs with his royalties. But he "co-wrote" them, which means the guys who also "co-wrote them" have just as much right to tour playing them with or without Izzy. They're not out there touring Izzy Stadlin and the Ju Ju Hounds. 

5 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Sure he can. This tour has NOTHING to do with the past 25 years. And either way, your logic contradicts itself. Hes played tons of shows with Axl since 93.

I take zero sides in this. These are 50 year old men having a Teenage girl fight on social media. Either tell your whole side of the story or not. Tweeting tiny tidbits only causes debate on zero facts. 

I think the "3" saw Izzy as a liability (as unfair as this is, it's probably true). Look at how he ducked out of the Use Your Illusion tour and the formation of VR. They may have thought that a big tour like this unstable at best with Izzy aboard. They probably offered him an open ended deal where he could show up whenever he felt like it, with no expectations. 

I don't know the details, but I would not like that either if I was Izzy. Do I think it's fair? I can't make a judgment based on zero information. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cooker said:

I take zero sides in this. These are 50 year old men having a Teenage girl fight on social media. Either tell your whole side of the story or not. Tweeting tiny tidbits only causes debate on zero facts. 

I think the "3" saw Izzy as a liability (as unfair as this is, it's probably true). Look at how he ducked out of the Use Your Illusion tour and the formation of VR. They may have thought that a big tour like this unstable at best with Izzy aboard. They probably offered him an open ended deal where he could show up whenever he felt like it, with no expectations. 

I don't know the details, but I would not like that either if I was Izzy. Do I think it's fair? I can't make a judgment based on zero information. 

Well said. 

My point as well we have no facts here. 

Also the only one having a teenage girl fight on social media is Izzy. The others haven't said anything.

Axl gave a vague and respectful answer even saying he didn't want to take any jabs at him and wasn't trying to.

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

By altering the date and members in what you said, I could make this argument work for Slash and Duff who also quit. But yes, ''Slash sued Axl in 2005 thus demonstrated that he cares''!!!

Well Slash and Duff are partners in a tour that's going to net them multi-millions when it's over and Izzy's sitting home complaining on twitter. Slash and Duff were probably smarter about this whole thing than Izzy was.

16 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

So the same can be said for Axl &Co. When they sensed a big pay day they decided to become friends again