Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Someone needs to tell Izzy that twitter does not have a storage limit. He can tweet as many times as he wants......no need to delete them.......

It's called spineless backtracking. Ask Chris Pitman, he'll tell you all about it.

15 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Now I understand the frustration of being a fan of Izzy/the Appetite lineup and not getting a full reunion but I don't think that they have "ruined any chance of a decent legacy", not at all.  Let's chill people no need to hyperbolize the situation at hand here

We do not know the full story.  What did Izzy want to do in the reunion and did it coincide with a pay that reflected that?  We can't just go "oh Axl is a liar" when we do not know exactly what the negotiations were or even if was for Steven-esque guest appearances rather than retaking the rhythm spot back full time.  We can't just assume one side is unreasonable until we know the terms that were unreasonable.  

This is the bad part of Izzy's Tweet, now there are tons of needless arguments between fans who don't even know what is really going on fully behind the scenes

Who the hell wants a Steven-esque guest appearance ???  How lame is that ? He started the fucking band !!!  :facepalm:

It's a slap in the face.

Original members or no reunion I say.

• Like 3

I could see Izzy going "how much is that girl (Melissa) getting...hell no I'm not getting less than she is, and I'm definitely not getting less than Dizzy's getting". He probably knows how much Mick Taylor was paid by the Stones and wanted to be paid accordingly.

Duff brought a lot to the songs, maybe not to what Flea brings to the Chili Peppers, but he's not just a rhythmic bass player plonking away keeping in line with the drummer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Who the hell wants a Steven-esque guest appearance ???  How lame is that ? He started the fucking band !!!  :facepalm:

It's a slap in the face.

So good nobody cares about what you say...

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Thank you thank you thank you thank you and thank you again!  Honestly, music fans going on about business and branding and all that fuckin' shite, you're supposed to be appreciating 'art', why the fuck would a fans concern be the same as fuckin' businessmens, it's ridiculous.  The way people fuckin' rationalise shit to get away from simple glaring truths.  'we've gotta look at this from a realistic perspective here, lets talk turkey', you sound like a bunch of fuckin' asset strippers. 

Exactly.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GibsonLP said:

So is there truth to the rumour that Izzy was backstage at one of the US shows recently? Seem to recall someone saying that he was backstage and pissed off at Steven. Is it possible that Izzy wanted Steven to hold out for better terms but Steven just went ahead and played

Yep he was at the Motel with them. Like I said in another thread my mates friends meet them at the motel and said Izzy was being a tosser

Edited by Gibbo

37 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

It's a slap in the face.

This is what I've been saying. You can't just have them popping up for a couple of songs here or there.

It's a load of shit, especially when you go to the show after the one with a surprise appearance and it doesn't happen.

Like when Izzy appeared at the o2 in London and I was at the show after and no Izzy, I was fucking annoyed!  It's all shows and the full set or nothing. 

• Like 2

if I knew they were leaving out Izzy over financial reasons I am pretty sure I wouldnt have gone to as many shows as I did, I went to 5 shows and did alot of traveling, would have only gone to maybe 1 of the
Chicago shows, Fuck Axl and whoever else left Izzy out over financial reasons

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

This is what I've been saying. You can't just have them popping up for a couple of songs here or there.

It's a load of shit, especially when you go to the show after the one with a surprise appearance and it doesn't happen.

Like when Izzy appeared at the o2 in London and I was at the show after and no Izzy, I was fucking annoyed!  It's all shows and the full set or nothing. 

True, it is like Slap in the face.

Why the hell doesn't Slash steps aside and let Ashba play Sweet Child and Paradise City in front of him. 

Izzy and Steven are NOT guests. 

• Like 4

On 9/8/2016 at 8:16 PM, Oldest Goat said:

Wow. This sucks. Regardless of how black and white this really is...there is now probably zero chance of Izzy joining. Ever.

I think there is a chance, but that is maybe about 5 years down the line, enough for this latest bad blood to be boiled over and if the "New" GNR is still trying to do this fake-reunion thing I am sure it is not going to be a success, than in 5 years they are going to work something out

3 minutes ago, k12 said:

I think there is a chance, but that is maybe about 5 years down the line, enough for this latest bad blood to be boiled over and if the "New" GNR is still trying to do this fake-reunion thing I am sure it is not going to be a success, than in 5 years they are going to work something out

This "fake-reunion" is actually highly successful, no matter what metric you want to use to measure it.

Izzy has been in a great position to try to get as much money out of this as possible - he knew axl/slash/duff will reunite - he knew that adler woud be on board without negotiating for money - so he knew he would be the missing link for a full blown afd reunion -- but it seems like axl & co wouldn't want to pay that price and to be honest, when you have a look at the nitl tour - they got right (from a business point of view)

Just now, Kula2006 said:

Izzy has been in a great position to try to get as much money out of this as possible - he knew axl/slash/duff will reunite - he knew that adler woud be on board without negotiating for money - so he knew he would be the missing link for a full blown afd reunion -- but it seems like axl & co wouldn't want to pay that price and to be honest, when you have a look at the nitl tour - they got right (from a business point of view)

How much does it cost, I'll buy it The time is all we've lost, I'll try it. But he can't even run his own life. I'll be damned if he'll run mine.