Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

17 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Izzy and Steven are NOT guests. 

And that is it in a nutshell.

Izzy and Steven can never be guests at their own party. Steven was desperate obviously so agreed to a pay-as-you-go miserly two songs, and did a lot of stupid grin twitter photos with Frank and Melissa, but really he shouldn't have agreed either.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

And that is it in a nutshell.

Izzy and Steven can never be guests at their own party. Steven was desperate obviously so agreed to a pay-as-you-go miserly two songs, and did a lot of stupid grin twitter photos with Frank and Melissa, but really he shouldn't have agreed either.

It was his dream to play with his friends, so this was his only chance, sadly his friends made him play only 2 of his OWN songs. 

17 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

It was his dream to play with his friends, so this was his only chance, sadly his friends made him play only 2 of his OWN songs. 

In all fairness you don't know that is how things went.  So, you're speculating like everyone else.

I doubt anyone "made" Steven do anything.

1 hour ago, dalsh327 said:

I could see Izzy going "how much is that girl (Melissa) getting...hell no I'm not getting less than she is, and I'm definitely not getting less than Dizzy's getting". He probably knows how much Mick Taylor was paid by the Stones and wanted to be paid accordingly.

Duff brought a lot to the songs, maybe not to what Flea brings to the Chili Peppers, but he's not just a rhythmic bass player plonking away keeping in line with the drummer.

I don't think they would have offered him less than Melissa or Dizzy. Whatever they offered him, it wasn't chump change.

This is an ego thing, who is on par with who. I think izzy gambled on playing hardball and it backfired, and he's obviously pissed about it.  

On September 8, 2016 at 0:13 PM, Silent Jay said:

Ask izzy

What he would choose

to prostitute himself

to live with fortune and shame.

It don't really matter
Gonna find out for yourself
No it don't really matter
Izzy's gonna leave this thing to
Somebody else

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

In all fairness you don't know that is how things went.  So, you're speculating like everyone else.

I doubt anyone "made" Steven do anything.

So Steven said Hey I will join for only 3 shows and only play 2 songs? 

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

So Steven said Hey I will join for only 3 shows and only play 2 songs? 

Doubt it....but apparently he agreed to perform at three shows, two songs at each show.  I saw him at one with my own eyes.

Apparently, like Izzy he could have said NO, but he agreed to do what he did....I didn't see anyone with a gun to his head forcing him out there myself, maybe I missed it.

Just now, tsinindy said:

Doubt it....but apparently he agreed to perform at three shows, two songs at each show.  I saw him at one with my own eyes.

Apparently, like Izzy he could have said NO, but he agreed to do what he did....I didn't see anyone with a gun to his head forcing him out there myself, maybe I missed it.

I said Steven wanted to play with his friends and even if he was offered 1 song, he would not have said NO.

I din't say Axl/Slash/Duff put a gun on his head or forced him to do. He wanted to play with his friends since the past 20 years and he did it.

But Axl/Slash/Duff would have made the decision that how many shows or songs Steven would play. 

All I know is, some of ya'll are shitting all over members that days ago you were praising. It's ridiculous. At some point we'll find out the real truth and we'll probably all end up being wrong and this thread will remain, full of "you could take Duff out and the sound wouldn't have changed" (wtf) and "Izzy can't even play live" (um, what?) , etc. Or my personal fav - Duff and/or Steven should have turned down the reunion so that Izzy could have used them as leverage. Like ANY of us would have done that, lol. 

At least we all know how some of you feel about the members of your "favorite" band, good lord. :facepalm:

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Come on man. Seriously.

Izzy couldn't even be arsed, as you like to say, to tour his own music. Like not ever. 

But now he's gonna do equal work as far as planning, production, business work, whatever, as the other 3? All that behind the scenes shit the other 3 clearly have to done to put out such an incredible live show. Because if you want equal pay, you better do equal work. Including playing 2:30 long outdoor shows in America during a hot fuckin summer.

Maybe he does want to. But he hasn't done much more than record songs at home for the past 25 years. This is about a world fuckin tour. Like the ones he always hated.

*I love Izzy (and Adler). 

So spot on, if i remember corectly izzy said during the european dates back in 06 that just showing up for a few songs on selected shows was draining him.

i realy love the guy, but he would never do a full world tour imo.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

I believe he was supposedly spotted at the hotel before the Nashville show....along with the rest of the band.  He supposedly seemed to be frustrated with Steven and was talking to Duff a lot.  Which now, would make a lot of sense, if true...lol.  Duff handles most of the business side of things within the band so it's plausible. 

At the time we thought that the girl that spotted them had mistaken Fortus as being Izzy...but looks like she may have been right.

AND the Nashville show is when Axl made that comment to the fan that was holding up the "Where's Izzy" sign....and later, security took it away.

This is some CSI: MYGNR shit right here....:lol:

My guess is that the girl had confused Izzy with Dizzy (iirc she's a casual), because Dizzy wasn't in the picture (she had referred to all except him) and maybe then she was embarrassed to admit that she was mistaken.

Edited by Blackstar

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

My guess is that the girl had confused Izzy with Dizzy (iirc she's a casual), because Dizzy wasn't in the picture (she had referred to all except him) and maybe then she was embarrassed to admit that she was mistaken.

No, actually, the guy also show her a photo of Dizzy and she identified him correctly but then one of the mods said Izzy wasn't there.

12 minutes ago, dally said:

So spot on, if i remember corectly izzy said during the european dates back in 06 that just showing up for a few songs on selected shows was draining him.

And why is everybody talking about a world tour? We've heard about 4 dates only where he was supposed to appear. He could surely handle that... The fact that the other 3 couldn't bear to cut their wages for those 4 dates to accomodate him speaks volumes.

Btw there's an interview with Izzy where he says he doesn't understand why he's got such bad rap when it comes to touring

I don't know the full story but i still think it was a mistake. It means whatever izzy could offer them, and especially axl wasn't considered to be of enough worth. Izzy brings something unique and if art comes first and the integrity of the band is something that is respected than they would have given izzy what he wanted and probably could have kept fortus as well. I guess i can understand it cause it's money and a lot of it but it's such a shame. Im not mad though.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, dally said:

Yeah, he said this:

Izzy: I spent my summer vacation touring with Axl's new GUNS N' ROSES and had some fun playing live again. Amazing fans out there.... It's hard to believe at times. Fantastic! GNR tour: Axl and I connected via cell phone this year. I stopped by to see if he looked as old as he might be... Same age as myself, you know, and he looked great! It was nice to reconnect with an old friend/war buddy/fellow musician. I told him later I'd like to join the fun in some way and he said I was welcome to come and play something, so I did! Took me about three weeks to recover from the six weeks of touring!!!!

But that's only normal... he is simply not used to that since he hasn't done a proper tour since the early 90's. And I can't imagine him returning to that... he's been out of the game for too long. Slash, Axl and Duff don't know any better... touring and playing crazy long live shows is something they never really stopped doing. Well, Axl stopped that for some time, but got back to that life again since the 2000's. Returning to that life style when you're in your mid 50's after not having done that for maybe 25 years is not something I see someone doing very easily. Especially not someone like Izzy who wants to be in charge of his own life and doesn't want to depend on other people.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1