Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

13 hours ago, vloors said:

What did he want axl to say?? Izzy wouldn't join because he wanted too much money to play a few songs???

I think axl took more of a high road in the interview myself unlike izzys random aggressive tweets that he keeps changing his mind and deleting.

I have a feeling whatever axl said izzy would of taken offence to regardless... 

Axl didn't take the high road at all. He pretended  he was taking the high road, but his whole thing about not being able to figure Izzy out was a passive-aggressive way of dumping on him.

All of that "It's just his thing is his kind of his thing, whatever that is"  stuff  =  Izzy is impossible to deal with and it's all his fault.

• Like 1

I think ultimately Izzy just wants to be treated as an equal. The guy has his name on the bulk of the material that's being played live yet they want to pay him as though he were a session musician. It doesn't matter what happened in the band since he quit, because they fucked it all up and burnt it to the ground. All of them. This year sees the phoenix taking flight again and how the hell they're neglecting to see that Izzy was there for every decent song they ever made together I'll never know. Strange class system going on in the band when Izzy gets treated as less essential than Dizzy

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, melonhead87 said:

It does speak volumes. It speaks the perfect and most rational volume. It says Hey Axl Slash and Duff put together a world tour and everything that goes into the planning/merch/hotel/crew etc. You want to show up on a few dates, that would be awesome. No way in hell youre getting the same cut as me. Ive been busting ass 2:30 per night traveling city to city. More than welcome to show up then leave, but youre doing the bare minimum, so no you will not get the same cut.

Yeah I can just picture Axl sitting there on priceline looking for hotel deals. Pretty sure it doesn't work that way. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Radio flyer said:

Axl, Duff and Slash make more money on this tour without Izzy than with him. This tour exists only for one reason- and that is to make a LOT of money. They accomplished that mission. That's just the black and white financial reality. 

Again, to be clear: They could have brought Izzy in with an equal share, and it would have been so cool to see them all on stage together playing the songs that they created, but Axl, Slash and Duff would receive less money. This tour is about money and ONLY money. That is ok and their right but let's not all pretend that this tour is about creativity or mending emotions. The 2016 version of Guns n' Roses is about playing 25-30 year old songs (along with scheduled trips to the beer line and restroom, better known as "Chinese Democracy" songs) to people that will pay as much money as possible in the biggest venue possible. That will happen until people stop paying and promoters stop offering them insane deals. 

I do not expect one note of new music out of this lineup. They will come back to USA next year to play shows for AFD 30th Anniversary.

They are a "legacy" band now like Journey and Lynyrd Skynyrd. It's just sad that they continue to tarnish that legacy with greed and infighting, but it is what it is. 

I saw the shows at The Troubadour and Dodgers Stadium and had fun, but feel no need to go again unless they have new material. 

LOL so its not greed and not all about money if Izzy is there? Because everything you just said still applies if Izzy is in the band: Most likely no new music, were still going to the beer line during CD songs, its not about mending, and its not about creativity. GTFOH. Youre responding with emotions. 

1 hour ago, BOSSY78 said:

Really? I mean you don't think other bands go through the same thing? They do. The difference is they don't air their dirty laundry as much.

Many bands argue over things. It's not the publics business really.

As GnR fans we have been split and torn around for years. Which is likely why interviews don't get done often besides media twisting stories and words alot.

Many bands violate curfew as well.

It's rock n roll

-Well seeing the interview and hearing words get spoken can help with understanding the context. And so what if Axl and izzy spoke out? It's better to give your fans a clue as to what's going on than playing guessing games. These interviews should have happened in March.

- yeah many bands argue, GNR have for years. And we've already known a ton about it, especially from slash and duff, FOR YEARS. They both spoke on it before Axl even did, so did izzy, and the rest of them. Sometimes stuff gets said when people ask for responses to questions. It's common sense actually.

- GNR fans have been split and torn. We still kinda are even though things are better now. The media can try and twist whatever they want the fans can decide what's what and if it's worth paying for. At least the ones with brains can.

- so what if many bands violate curfew? Cool, thanks for making an obvious point. I bet you had no idea the band guns n roses had a real issue with that for years..It is rock n roll, thanks for the obvious and proving of nothing I suppose :lol::lol::lol:

8 minutes ago, melonhead87 said:

LOL so its not greed and not all about money if Izzy is there? Because everything you just said still applies if Izzy is in the band: Most likely no new music, were still going to the beer line during CD songs, its not about mending, and its not about creativity. GTFOH. Youre responding with emotions. 

I include Izzy in this. He just wants the money too, he just wasn't seen as essential enough by Axl, Slash and Duff  to getting the biggest payday possible. 

I'm not saying Izzy is innocent or not greedy. I'm just saying that he is butt hurt because he wasn't offered an equal share which he thought he deserved. 

The only guy who just wants to play from the heart and has a real emotional connection is Steven. I understand why he was not included more than the occasional guest shot, though. 

Bottom line is that 2016 delivered more than any GNR fan could have ever expected, and nothing with this band will ever be unicorns and rainbows. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Asia said:

You're totally out of your mind and unfortunately you're not the only one here . The hysteria in this thread has reached some truly sick levels.You got what seemed completely impossible only a year ago, you got Axl, Slash and Duff delivering at the highest level, you got songs we were never to hear again live, you got a good chance for new music finally and you say that you'd rather have none of this because Izzy made a fucking tweet? For God's sake, people grow up, stop behaving like butthurt three year olds cause that is really getting pathetic.  Go to the shows if you enjoy them, don't go if you don't, but stop making a dramatic soap opera out of it all and don't die for Izzy, cause believe me, he wouldn't die for you. And he's more than fine, he can take great care of himself.

Out of likes but damn, you took the words right out of my mouth! Some of the stuff I am reading from so called fans is mind numbing. And frankly quite fucking sad to be honest.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Asia said:

You're totally out of your mind and unfortunately you're not the only one here . The hysteria in this thread has reached some truly sick levels.You got what seemed completely impossible only a year ago, you got Axl, Slash and Duff delivering at the highest level, you got songs we were never to hear again live, you got a good chance for new music finally and you say that you'd rather have none of this because Izzy made a fucking tweet? For God's sake, people grow up, stop behaving like butthurt three year olds cause that is really getting pathetic.  Go to the shows if you enjoy them, don't go if you don't, but stop making a dramatic soap opera out of it all and don't die for Izzy, cause believe me, he wouldn't die for you. And he's more than fine, he can take great care of himself.

Fucking Bravo. finally some logic and levelheadedness

Some people on this forum are Izzy nutcases.. I swear Izzy does no wrong in their eyes..lol like No one is a saint or a little white lamb in this whole ordeal, except maybe Adler who probably does his guest spots for next to nothing because he just so badly wants to be involved with his "friends" and play music 

This is great time for GNR and fans..a year ago this band was near dead. I swear this fanbases is too jaded at times. there cant be a middle ground. its always one extreme or the other..lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GibsonLP said:

Exactly. You can't have everyone up there going nuts at once or then everything is neutral again and nothing stands out. It's like when they say it's the space between the musical notes that is important. It provides balance and Izzy balances the band. Also his idea of the original 5 doing new material sounds genius

Agree, you don't want the stage looking like a pinball machine.

29 minutes ago, Asia said:

Aw, c'mon, I know you got a lot of likes on this, but let people voice thier opinions without them worrying if they are wrong or not. This is a place (forum) where we can all agree, disagree, like, not-like, behave delusionaly or factually, etc...this is also a place to open your minds and maybe share some insight. I know you don't agree with some peoples thoughts or opinions, but thats ok. I respect your opinions @Asia, as I hope you respect others, even if you don't agree with them. Peace.

• Like 1

Steven Adler is the best out of them all, he wanted a reunion since the past 20 years to play with his old buddies again. 

I hope one day Slash, Axl, Duff and Izzy don't think about the money and just play together for the music, for the fans, how they stuck together and supported each other in the old days.

None of them knew they would be millionaires, but they did it cause they were passionate about the music which they created. 

Axl, Slash, Steven, Izzy and Duff. These 5 guys should finish what they started. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Fucking Bravo. finally some logic and levelheadedness

Some people on this forum are Izzy nutcases.. I swear Izzy does no wrong in their eyes..lol like No one is a saint or a little white lamb in this whole ordeal, except maybe Adler who probably does his guest spots for next to nothing because he just so badly wants to be involved with his "friends" and play music 

This is great time for GNR and fans..a year ago this band was near dead. I swear this fanbases is too jaded at times. there cant be a middle ground. its always one extreme or the other..lol

The thing is though some people are seeing it from the exact opposite end and making out that Izzy doesn't matter, which is madness. To think that the band would have the legacy they have without Izzy's involvement is just naivety or picking bits of history that you want to see. "Guns N Roses are doing fine without Izzy so he was never that important" = "Boeing are making planes just fine without Orville and Wilbur Wright therefore they were never important to aviation".

Of course they don't 'need' Izzy RIGHT NOW- the success of the tour has proved that already. But then using that logic they probably don't need Duff either, because a tour with Axl, Slash and Izzy would be equally huge. Of course the band can get by without paying Izzy, just the same as they could get away with eating Subway sandwiches each night before the show, but I'm fairly certain they're choosing to burn a bit of their cash because they WANT a nicer dinner. This band is and has always been a jigsaw puzzle; on their own they can be quite average at times, but when together magic happens. Unfortunately they live in a world where people tell them everything they do is amazing so they have an inflated idea of their own individual contribution. They need to take a step back and see the whole picture - Izzy is very definitely in that picture

9 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Who the hell wants a Steven-esque guest appearance ???  How lame is that ? He started the fucking band !!!  :facepalm:

It's a slap in the face.

Original members or no reunion I say.

Well if it is between a Steven-esque appearance or no appearance I will take the first one for sure

And well I thoroughly enjoyed the shows this year and I am glad that we got whatever lineup we got honestly.  Sure I would love a AFD reunion but I am very satisfied with the way this whole 2016 era has panned out so far

• Like 2

I got a better idea for Axl and Slash, they should kick out Duff and split the money between them.

Axl, don't be more greedy cause the last time you hired Slash's lookalike, you failed miserably. 

I know my comments are harsh, but Izzy is right too, it should be divided equally. 

This works out well for everyone who was looking for a new reason to say they dislike any band member:

Izzy isn't there? It's Axl, Slash & Duffs fault for not giving him enough money. 

Izzy isnt there? It's his own fault for asking for too much money.

Steven played with them? He's an asshole for not sitting out with Izzy. 

Everyone looking for something to be upset about wins! 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I agree with this somewhat. No one put a gun to my head but I bought the Vegas ticket not knowing who was in the band. I was really hoping to see Steven and Izzy.. Certainly didn't expect them to replace Pittman with someone just as annoying either. If I could do it all over again I wouldn't have went to that show. The band wasn't very tight and Axl didn't sound great either..

I would how however traveled to a couple of the summer shows with that money because the band and Axl were sooo much better.

This whole Izzy situation really sucks.. It does taint the whole thing a bit but I was pretty sure this is how it all went down anyway..

Wouldn't it be interesting, if after the Europe and down south tours, they would eventually swing around again to North America. Then, at this point Izzy would surprisingly join the band for the 2nd tour, and all of us who already spent our money on the first tour, would go again to see them for the 2nd tour, because of Izzy. What a money maker that would be. This is a publicist dream. Am I dreaming here? Could be a possibility?

The point is, imo, there are literally 41 pages of quite harsh speculations based on literally two phrases, it's actually fascinating watching you all building huge thesis on basically nothing, i'm team no-one, i tried to be balanced in my comment because i'm aware i know very little.

Edited by giuls
  • Like 4