Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

2 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

I paid more for my ACDC tickets than GnR tickets. 

Maybe some of the vip stuff was priced high but I felt the tickets were good prices overall for this.

To me the concert was a once in a  lifetime experience that was well worth my $ for the nonstop rock that the guys played for almost 3 hours. Would do it again in a heartbeat! Would I have liked to have seen Izzy up there? Sure...but was quite happy with seeing the big 3 together on stage for the 1st time ever.  Cash grab or not. Seeing them made me happy. Period.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Well if it is between a Steven-esque appearance or no appearance I will take the first one for sure

And well I thoroughly enjoyed the shows this year and I am glad that we got whatever lineup we got honestly.  Sure I would love a AFD reunion but I am very satisfied with the way this whole 2016 era has panned out so far

I wouldn't and I'm not.

It's all or nothing.

To each his own.

14 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

I wouldn't and I'm not.

It's all or nothing.

To each his own.

This is a very valid opinion I don't know why people are making such a big deal out of it. As you said, to each their own. I love Izzy and I'm probably gonna see GnR if they come to Europe without him anyway but it will not be the same, not for me and that's as respectable as an opinion as the ones who think this is enough. The prices though, ugh, I think Izzy used the word "loot" very properly in this case ;)

36 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

This is a very valid opinion I don't know why people are making such a big deal out of it. As you said, to each their own. I love Izzy and I'm probably gonna see GnR if they come to Europe without him anyway but it will not be the same, not for me and that's as respectable as an opinion as the ones who think this is enough. The prices though, ugh, I think Izzy used the word "loot" very properly in this case ;)

Yea there is no problem with the opinion. People made the same complaint during the UYI tour already, Izzy wasnt there. But it didnt really harm the experience that much since Izzy is not that much of a showman on stage anyway as he stands back with his rhythm playing (unlike Fortus who ridiculously overdoes it).

I find the behaviour of some people ridiculous who say if izzy isnt there now they wont go. If they cant get it the way they want they wont do it at all. Hmm where have I heard that before? Oh yeah from a 3 year old kid not getting his way.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 2

The Izz-sanity continues. No end in sight I'm sure.

Axl: "With Izzy it's like this one day, then it's like that the next". Sounds pretty accurate if Izzy was rehearsing a while, then all of a sudden said fuck it.

There could've been the holy grail AFD5 reunion, at least for a few songs at a few shows, maybe more. Except Izzy backed out over apparently one thing: money. Yet the Izzbians (what do we call the equivalent of Axlites? :lol:) continue to hold on to the myth that Izzy is somehow not to blame but of course Axl is. Right. Got it.

The man hasn't even toured his own music in 24 years (except the big 76 date JuJu Hound jaunt in '92 that Diesel called to my attention). But gotta get some FP Money now! If anyone can be accused of "cash grabbing", I'm really sorry to say, right now it's Izzy. 

• Like 2

Izzy also played four dates (with Duff) in Japan in 2000, in support of Ride On, bringing that total to eighty solo shows. There are also guest appearances, with Aerosmith (1994; 2012), Snakepit ('95), Adler (03; 07 - Key Club 'reunion' with Duff), Velvet Revolver (three times in 2004) and Guns N' Roses (twenty-three times, 2006; six times, 2012), et al.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

That's great bumble foot has made how many?

Noone is disputing Izzy is awesome. The dispute is if he should be paid equal to those who have put in more work. 

A partnership that's registered is legally binding. Izzy isn't a part of it. It is what it is.

Izzy also may not have worked on this reunion like they did. 

Many circumstances we don't know. 

Please tell me when Izzy has performed besides with Axl GnR music?

The other 3 have keeping the music alive and reaching new fans.

Izzy released 11 albums, anyone can do that, eh?

Axl has chosen not too...

Axl chooses to play Izzy songs for 3 decades and say Izzy is lazy and flighty, a bit rich coming from mr lunatic...

I imagine it went something like this:

AXL: Yo, Izzy. Slash, Duff and I are getting a tour together. Steven might join us some too. Want to join us?

IZZY: Yes!

(terms are negotiated between IZZY & GUNS)

IZZY: Like hell! I want equal share! I was a founding member.

GUNS: Like hell! You were already slacking off in the 90s there is no way we will give you equal share when we already did the work to get this tour going.

IZZY: Then shove your offer up your ass.

GUNS: Well let us know if you change your mind.

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Izzy also played four dates (with Duff) in Japan in 2000, in support of Ride On, bringing that total to eighty solo shows. There are also guest appearances, with Aerosmith (1994; 2012), Snakepit ('95), Adler (03; 07 - Key Club 'reunion' with Duff), Velvet Revolver (three times in 2004) and Guns N' Roses (twenty-three times, 2006; six times, 2012), et al.

Guest appearances. Where he wasn't involved in any production or planning, had no responsibility as to whether the show was worth a shit or not. Showed up with a guitar and let 'er fly. 

That's all fine n dandy. But that's not equal work now is it?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, pacu44 said:

Izzy released 11 albums, anyone can do that, eh?

Axl has chosen not too...

Axl chooses to play Izzy songs for 3 decades and say Izzy is lazy and flighty, a bit rich coming from mr lunatic...

Axl releases one album in twenty five years and he is ''keeping the brand alive, working hard, etc''.

Izzy releases eleven albums in Twenty five years and he is ''flaky. Reclusive. Doing nothing''.

Let's not forget the years Axl wasn't touring either: 1994 - 2000; 2003-05; 2008; 2015 - that is twelve years of non-touring!!

Slash? Everybody looks lazy compared to Slash touring wise.

Where does it come from the whole "Izzy doesn't like touring" anyway? Cause I recall him saying somewhere he doesn't know what is about it. I mean, he left the band to keep his mental sanity on the first place. I guess is fucking difficult to stay sane with all those drugs around when you just quit, he was fed up with Axl's lateness and stupid thematic parties that costed too much (Slash says this on his bio too), that doesn't mean he didn't like touring, he just didn't like touring that way. He toured with the Jujus around the world with apparently no problem. Now, 25 years later, no drugs involved apparently, all of them being old respectable married/settled men (lol) don't you think he might maybe be able to do a tour? It's not like a marathon. And that quote of him saying he needed several weeks to recover and so on, well, fuck it, it takes me one week to recover from a long busy weekend, I don't really think that means anything.

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Guest appearances. Where he wasn't involved in any production or planning, had no responsibility as to whether the show was worth a shit or not. Showed up with a guitar and let 'er fly. 

That's all fine n dandy. But that's not equal work now is it?

But it is further evidence that contradicts this opinion on Izzy, propagated in this thread by Izzy's detractors, that he basically did nothing after 1991, or recorded songs in his house as one poster erroneously stated!

Eleven albums

Eighty solo shows

Circa forty guest appearances

43 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

The Izz-sanity continues. No end in sight I'm sure.

Axl: "With Izzy it's like this one day, then it's like that the next". Sounds pretty accurate if Izzy was rehearsing a while, then all of a sudden said fuck it.

There could've been the holy grail AFD5 reunion, at least for a few songs at a few shows, maybe more. Except Izzy backed out over apparently one thing: money. Yet the Izzbians (what do we call the equivalent of Axlites? :lol:) continue to hold on to the myth that Izzy is somehow not to blame but of course Axl is. Right. Got it.

The man hasn't even toured his own music in 24 years (except the big 76 date JuJu Hound jaunt in '92 that Diesel called to my attention). But gotta get some FP Money now! If anyone can be accused of "cash grabbing", I'm really sorry to say, right now it's Izzy. 

I think it's more about equality than it is about money

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Where does it come from the whole "Izzy doesn't like touring" anyway? Cause I recall him saying somewhere he doesn't know what is about it. I mean, he left the band to keep his mental sanity on the first place. I guess is fucking difficult to stay sane with all those drugs around when you just quit, he was fed up with Axl's lateness and stupid thematic parties that costed too much (Slash says this on his bio too), that doesn't mean he didn't like touring, he just didn't like touring that way. He toured with the Jujus around the world with apparently no problem. Now, 25 years later, no drugs involved apparently, all of them being old respectable married/settled men (lol) don't you think he might maybe be able to do a tour? It's not like a marathon. And that quote of him saying he needed several weeks to recover and so on, well, fuck it, it takes me one week to recover from a long busy weekend, I don't really think that means anything.

He hasn't toured his own music in many years. That's quite telling to me.

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

He didn't hide 'in a cave for 2 decades'. Since Izzy left GN'R, he has made eleven solo albums. That is ten more albums than Axl released during a similar period. The briefest of web searches would have amended your error.

Isn't it funny how a large portion of posters on here change their core posting positions depending on how Axl is involved? A year ago Slash was the worst human alive and Izzy was The Man. But now that Slash is back and Izzy is out...those same posters now are acting like Izzy is the worst human alive. 

Any time anybody says something negative about Axl then they become public enemy #1. 

Can you imagine having your emotions controlled by a rock singer?

Like I've said before, it's impossible to lay complete blame on this latest situation without knowing the exact contract offer and details. If they offered Izzy the option of two songs on five dates and a standard Union scale contract of $765 per show - then Izzy has every right to be pissed. But if they offered Slash $500,00 and Izzy $400,000 then Izzy is the one being greedy. 

Facts matter. Without knowing the facts then people are just speculating based on their own emotional obsession to Axl.

And lol. Did somebody actually say that a split of 50% for Axl and 25% for Slash was unfair for Axl? Seriously?

For me the saddest part about this isn't Izzy not touring. But losing his songwriting talent if the reunion becomes less of a cash grab nostalgia tour and the boys want to start creating together as a band. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

But it is further evidence that contradicts this opinion on Izzy, propagated in this thread by Izzy's detractors, that he basically did nothing after 1991, or recorded songs in his house as one poster erroneously stated!

Eleven albums

Eighty solo shows

Bruh, you are wasting your time with facts. Izzy isn't onboard with Axl - hence we must now bash and belittle his entire career and life. 

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Eleven albums

Eighty solo shows

Ok- I said he did them in his house (somewhat sarcastically but ok). He left the house and went to a studio. Fine. If we were talking about writing a new GnR album, my opinion would be different, but we are not.

My main point is- he hasn't signed his name to or taken responsibility for a live show since 92. GnR has a lot riding on these shows. The others have been road warriors and probably respect what each other has put together for tours and live shows. Izzy has no track record to speak of since the Hounds. Fuck man- I was in fuckin college still then!

Who wrote what is not relevant to touring imo. That's about royalties. This is about pay for a tour that if Izzy doesn't like how it's going, there's already a precedent he will walk away. 

5 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

Please tell me when Izzy has performed besides with Axl GnR music?

The other 3 have keeping the music alive and reaching new fans.

Wow. For decades posters on here have been destroying Slash for playing GnR songs at his solo shows. They said playing GnR songs showed he couldn't make it on his own and that he was just riding the coattails of Axl's success. 

For decades. 

Lol - now people are saying that Slash playing GnR songs was a great thing?

Classic. 

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

23 times with GNR, that's why it's not so special for him to be a special guest.  I'm sure Axl was indifferent about Izzy staying or going (remember he had said Izzy went behind his back to get more money on the European tour, but he still had him back as a guest) , Duff probably tried to talk him into taking less but not if Duff was going to give up a large sum of money just to have him on stage for a few songs.

Izzy will be back...if the price is right.

9 hours ago, GNR1975 said:

As soon as the line-up for this tour was announced , anyone with a grain of common sense knew exactly what was happening. I was amazed that people actually thought that Izzy wasn't included because he did not want to do a big tour, or that Adler wasn't up to it. That was  bullshit right from the start....... It was always about the $.

As much as we love him, I think that we all accept that Axl can be a bit of a dick. He wanted to do a cash grab tour, which is fine, but he knew that it would never work with the complete nonentities he's been touring with for god knows how long. He had to get at least some of the original band back for those $ to roll in. Thing is, being a bit of a dick, he wanted most of those $ for himself. He wanted to get the AFD members back, but keep the  employer arrangement he had with the likes of Buckethead! Izzy probably thought it would be cool to get the band back together, but then realised that Axl was trying to fuck him over and said..... "No thanks"! Slash and Duff on the other hand have excepted Axl as their boss, or perhaps have taken a junior partner type role.

On the one hand I admire Izzy for telling Axl to shove it up his arse, because as we know, Izzy is a cool guy. A guy with integrity, who did not say a word about the reasons he wasn't on the tour. He just moved on in his own quiet way. Axl then opened his fat mouth and started talking shit, so Izzy had to speak the truth, which he has. However, on the other hand, I'm glad that Slash and Duff have agreed to bend over and take it up the cornhole from Axl, because if they didn't....... we would not have these shows.

This really does sound like a trolll. Yea man izzy is so f'n cool he's just above the bullshit. Meanwhile tweets like a high school girl then deletes it.

Edited by melonhead87

8 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

The 1992 partnership contract was 36.33% Axl, 33.33% Slash, and 30.33% Duff. Supposedly the terms are now more favorable for Axl. Rumors that he might be getting 50% now. Slash and Duff still doing very very well for themselves obviously, especially considering much higher ticket prices and the fact Axl is not costing them a shitload of money through curfew fines, riots, etc. 

There is absolutely no rumor Axl gets 50% other than the BS spewed on this forum.

Edited by melonhead87

8 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

im gonna lay it in hard on Axl now 

the guy totally seems like a douche in his interviews! this is after me loving worshipping him after all the fucking shit 

talking vaguely like he's above it all, saying my people, the guy is a total primadona and hasn't changed one bit - people do not change 

izzy is real and the rest well are in there little line of servants and its gay 

dont get me wrong im 1 die hard gnr fan but this whole axl izzy shit is fucking way offside 

GNR CAMP 

CLEAN IT UP AS I WAS GONNA BUY SOUTH AMERICA TICKETS AND NOW IM TOTALLY AMBIVALENT...honestly

Trollling hard or super delusional. If you think Axl came off like a douche in the interview youre part of the problem as to why GNR never do promos

• Like 2