Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

11 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Well he even said that the new band are working hard than ever and Duff likes to take challenges, what challenge? A Challenge to play his own bass lines? 

Really sometimes Axl is very delusional. Yeah they were working very hard by not having freedom to do anything and just covering songs from the past 25 years. 

Izzy never saw Axl's solo band as Guns N' Roses. He did those guest shows for fun and yeah for the money, even Duff din't see that as Guns N' Roses. 

So If Izzy is asking for equal money in his own band, then its nothing wrong. 

Money is just a part of life, not everything in life. 

Buddy you should understand is not Izzys band anymore. He is the co-founder- along with Axl -and brought great collaborations but he sold his part (or quit) twenty years ago according with several articles. Is like a founder of a magazine or a clothe´s brand that sold: That person is not the owner anymore. In this case, the same. Axl wanted the involvement of Izzy (his friend) and gave him a lot of money for his guest spot few years ago. but now that Slash and Duff are involved too, maybe they´ve decided not share equally with Izzy.  On twitter he said: "they..."

For the songs he contribuited , earns the royalties. Simple as that.

2 hours ago, pacu44 said:

14 original songs since 1991,,, and most of it written by others... Yeah, Axl needs to rest with all that hard work...

Izzy 122 original songs since 1991 with a few more in the oven... Axl clearly producing more than Izzy, that's that new fangled common core edumacation u have there is in impressive...

Izzy made 11 Cd´s (122 songs:shrugs:) but without repercussion. Few people know the material (I´m  talking about the casual, not hardcore fanbase). In other hand, Axl maybe was a little lazzy in these period but don´t forget all his health issues. Anyhow, he always is in the spotlight (with or without new material) because is a rock star.

Believe it or not,  I had been reading messages on Periscope of people thought that Richard was Izzy, so no many people know Izzy as independent celebrity, like Axl or Slash.

All the CD songs were written by Axl (all the lyrics, there are songs that the melody or the music had the colaboration of other musicians) but with Izzy happens the same, he didn´t write all the songs solely.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Slash787 said:

So If Izzy is asking for equal money in his own band, then its nothing wrong. 

Money is just a part of life, not everything in life. 

Although it depends - was Izzy negotiating for money in order to be a full time member again in GNR or for Steven Adler type of appearances?  At this point we just don't know, it is very possible Izzy was just gonna be a guest like Adler in some way and wanted an amount of money the GNR camp deemed too much for that type of situation.  Maybe, maybe not, I just think that it is too hard to tell what is going on at this point without more info

21 hours ago, BOSSY78 said:

The problem here is Axl,Slash and Duff have agreed to their terms, why dispute them?

I don't care if you were a fan of GnR once Slash left or not.The name was derived from Axl Rose and Traci Guns not any other member. He had a right to keep that name. Much as Slash told Steven the name he came up with and Steven wanted to use after he was fired for his new band was his.

You are right.

I thought Izzy was a co-founder.

--

Guns N' Roses (1985)

Main articles: Guns N' Roses and Hollywood Rose

In 1985 Tracii and Axl Rose decided to merge their groups L.A. Guns and Hollywood Rose to form a new group. Rose named the band Guns N' Roses, combining the two names of the bands. The lineup featured Axl Rose on vocals, Tracii on lead guitar, Izzy Stradlin on rhythm guitar, Ole Beich on bass and Rob Gardner on drums.[12] Tracii had been trying to recruit Rose and Stradlin into a group before. However, Tracii, as well as the other former L.A. Guns members Ole Beich and Rob Gardner, departed the group and were replaced by Slash, Duff McKagan and Steven Adler.[13]

--

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracii_Guns

• Like 1

Some of you guys thinks it's just about "money". But you forget about the symbolic meaning the money has. If you are paying Axl, Duff and Slash more money, then you are automatically saying that they have more importance and value for the band, Guns N' Roses. And come on, some of you, seriously. Izzy is by far just - if not more - important to Guns N' Roses in form of the song writing etc.

Some of you even arguments that he quits the band in 91'. Well, yeah, Duff and Slash did so as well just a few years later. So where do we put the line in terms of that? Weird argument for paying you less. Then Fortus should be the highest paid in the band next to Axl.

Oh. Those of you calling Izzy egoistic and centric for not thinking about the band. It's a question about dignity and working with your fellow "friends / co-workers" who basically are saying that you are not worth as much as you. Because in the end, if Izzy really didn't think about dignity, he could probably earn so much more money by joining the band now. So it's obvious not about the money itself but how the band see him. Izzy have my full support.

Edited by GNRDK
  • Like 3

Izzy left the band first,izzy wanted to show with nu gnr,izzy wanted more money to be into reunion,it's all izzy decision,no matter what Axl say,izzy is the one member that Axl can't tell him what to do,slash,duff,adler and other members need their paycheck and will play everything Axl say.Izzy won't follow Axl orders.

It's fault of both sides,end of story.

9 hours ago, Slash787 said:

If he wanted to make money, he would have done solo shows, done interviews for money. 

He wants to have a peaceful life, he does what he likes.

When it comes to GNR, many of you are pointing out that Izzy is greedy, he is NOT. He had started the band with his friends, now when they are back, why shouldn't he get the equal amount? So this pissed him off. 

You know like that everyone is greedy. Axl, Duff and Slash are way more greedy. 

As hard as it is for me to attempt to argue with someone who uses Rhodes Scholar level grammar like "way more greedy", I am going to try...

We have absolutely no idea who is "way more greedy". What we can say at this point with some certainty is that GNR is going to prove to be much more successful with Slash next to Axl than any of the others (as evidenced by the lack of media now compared to  when Izzy and Duff played alongside Axl earlier).

My thought is that Izzy was offered something that would far exceed any of his most recent offers, so it is hard to know why he would turn down ANYTHING? So this muddies the waters somewhat.

I have been gone for a while, but I still lurk, and I love the passion here - one thing has not changed - no matter how good things get, people still get insanely butt-hurt by Axl Rose if he does anything they do not feel is right. I cannot believe this still goes on. I was in college when they broke, and have seen all the linups for the most part, and I have not been able to figure out what makes Axl so fucking polarizing. 

I think it's awesome you guys still fight the good fight, and I am very entertained by you guys trying to figure out who is the greediest-er-ist?

I hope all you old school guys have been well. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gunzen said:

We have absolutely no idea who is "way more greedy". 

Uh...yeah...we do. The three guys making 132 million dollars that don't want to cut Izzy in.

My thought is that Izzy was offered something that would far exceed any of his most recent offers, so it is hard to know why he would turn down ANYTHING? So this muddies the waters somewhat.

And you base this on what exactly? Are we talking about the same redhead who wanted to demote his best friend to a hired hand and cut his percentage of publishing royalties?

I have been gone for a while, but I still lurk, and I love the passion here - one thing has not changed - no matter how good things get, people still get insanely butt-hurt by Axl Rose if he does anything they do not feel is right. I cannot believe this still goes on. I was in college when they broke, and have seen all the linups for the most part, and I have not been able to figure out what makes Axl so fucking polarizing. 

I remember you from back in the day and all the insane Axl fanboy rants. Nice to see some things haven't changed and you're still butthurt by criticism towards Axl. 

1 hour ago, GNRDK said:

Some of you guys thinks it's just about "money". But you forget about the symbolic meaning the money has. If you are paying Axl, Duff and Slash more money, then you are automatically saying that they have more importance and value for the band, Guns N' Roses. And come on, some of you, seriously. Izzy is by far just - if not more - important to Guns N' Roses in form of the song writing etc.

Some of you even arguments that he quits the band in 91'. Well, yeah, Duff and Slash did so as well just a few years later. So where do we put the line in terms of that? Weird argument for paying you less. Then Fortus should be the highest paid in the band next to Axl.

Oh. Those of you calling Izzy egoistic and centric for not thinking about the band. It's a question about dignity and working with your fellow "friends / co-workers" who basically are saying that you are not worth as much as you. Because in the end, if Izzy really didn't think about dignity, he could probably earn so much more money by joining the band now. So it's obvious not about the money itself but how the band see him. Izzy have me full support.

You bring up value. But you are looking at value in the past, not the present. In the present they are trying to tour. Which is what is bringing in all the income which is what Izzy is apparently wanting a large cut of. The two most important people on this tour? Axl and Slash. I don't think that can be objectively argued against. They are what is drawing the people. The fact that the lead guitarist and the crazy front man who hated each others guts finally got together to work their magic on stage again is what is drawing people to the shows. Unfortunately for Izzy, he isn't all that important to this tour. The tour can get along just fine without him. You may think he is the most important songwriter and guitarist Guns N' Roses ever had, but for the tour to run smoothly... Not needed at all. He doesn't have much to bring to the table in this case, so his value is unfortunately less.

Izzy has value as a talented songwriter. If there is going to be new music then that new music likely won't happen until the tour is over. That is a long way away yet and who knows if things will get that far. Maybe in the future, if Izzy is still angry with them or they are still angry with Izzy over his comment, they will wish they looked ahead and bowed down to Izzy's every wish,  but you have three other songwriters in the band who don't suck at it themselves. So they may not elevate Izzy's songwriting to the level that you do. At least not put enough importance on it to bend to Izzy's demands. Or maybe they will. Who knows?

Sentimental value? Yes. Izzy has loads of it. Songwriting value? Sure.  But actual usefulness for this particular tour? Not much.

We all want Izzy there. Hell even the the rest of the band wants him there or they wouldn't have offered him anything. He'd be like Gilby and Matt. Not a single word spoken to them. But you know, everyone has a line they have to draw. Izzy and the others drew theirs and they just happen to be on opposite sides of the line.

It sucks for everyone. But I imagine it sucks the most for them. We are fans. They have real actual relationships with each other.

Edited by sanity_lost
typos
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Awesome you remember me, I have no idea who you are, though.

Fact is, you know nothing but what one burnt out rock star tweeted vs. one egotistical one said.  Bottom line, without Axl continuing to keep this band alive, none of this happens, without Izzy, all of this is happening .

I am fanboy of nobody. But it is what it is. It reminds me of that Jaws quote (paraphrasing) about yelling barracuda and barely anyone notices,  but you yell Shark etc panic breaks out. Axl is the shark. He always has been. 

Hope you are well, and chill the hell out dude. My goodness, Axl Is just gonna eat with or without Izzy, and Izzy can't say the same. 

Besides, what the hell is wrong with greed anyway? As long as they are sharing music, they should get every fucking penny they can get till nobody will pay em. You communist?

56 minutes ago, Gunzen said:

As hard as it is for me to attempt to argue with someone who uses Rhodes Scholar level grammar like "way more greedy", I am going to try...

Yeah sadly I could not complete college like @MillionsOfSpiders or it was @janrichmond? But well we are still Awesome.

I hope your PHD is coming in handy. I bet you will be the next CEO of Apple as your English is so much better than mine. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Juliette said:

Buddy you should understand is not Izzys band anymore. He is the co-founder- along with Axl -and brought great collaborations but he sold his part (or quit) twenty years ago according with several articles. Is like a founder of a magazine or a clothe´s brand that sold: That person is not the owner anymore. In this case, the same. Axl wanted the involvement of Izzy (his friend) and gave him a lot of money for his guest spot few years ago. but now that Slash and Duff are involved too, maybe they´ve decided not share equally with Izzy.  On twitter he said: "they..."

For the songs he contribuited , earns the royalties. Simple as that.

I know what you are trying to say and from a business point of view, you are somewhat correct, this is how things work now days and yeah the 3 of them have taken this decision and not only Axl.