Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

2 minutes ago, Kara said:

I so agree with this! Can't win for losing...

Answer me this: even if Izzy & Steven were ready and willing to commit to the entire tour from the beginning, what have happened? Should Axl have just said "sorry Frank, sorry Richard, but you two are gonna have to step aside so these guys (who haven't had shit to do with the band in 25 years) can step back in?" ...

I can actually see Axl doing that, yeah he has not fired anybody in his solo band, but people have left his band, his solo band took a break in 2014, Even Tommy said that all of them left it there in Vegas and if he gets a call, then he would be there.

I don't know what happened with Pitman, its good he is not there, but he was supposed to be there, but he din't get the call. Fortus and Frank got the call cause Steven injured his back and things din't work out with Izzy. 

15 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

Some people just love to see themselves discuss shit.

izzy is this, izzy was that, without izzy gnr would be this and matt and steven are this.

we fucking know it already..Jesus

Haha, yeah. I hear that. 

I do want to say that we're all pleasantly surprised with how well everyone has behaved in the thread. It gets a little tiresome watching some people post in circles but at least everyone's been able to debate the topic without needing to insult each other. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Fortus and Frank got the call cause Steven injured his back and things din't work out with Izzy. 

Well damn! I wasn't aware they were sidelined on standby just in case Izzy & Steven couldn't or wouldn't do it. That kinda changes things... Well, not with Steven, but perhaps with Izzy 

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 0:25 PM, Modano09 said:

I'm not. He willingly walked away from GNR 25 years ago while Axl, Slash and Duff maintained varying degrees of control/interest in the brand. Now, when those 3 have worked to resurrect the name and put this huge tour together, Izzy wants to cash in on it.  

Well Slash and Duff 'walked away too.  

Edited by Original

20 minutes ago, Kara said:

I so agree with this! Can't win for losing...

Answer me this: even if Izzy & Steven were ready and willing to commit to the entire tour from the beginning, what should have happened? Should Axl have just said "sorry Frank, sorry Richard, but you two are gonna have to step aside so these guys (who haven't had shit to do with the band in 25 years) can step back in?" ...

Yes- those 2 (and Dizzy) are under contract to Axl.  They are his employees and when he says jump they jump.  That's how it goes.  They can be fired anytime. 

5 minutes ago, Kara said:

Well damn! I wasn't aware they were sidelined on standby just in case Izzy & Steven couldn't or wouldn't do it. That kinda changes things... Well, not with Steven, but perhaps with Izzy 

Sadly No way they would ever make Steven do the full thing, so they had Frank in their head. I guess the duties were supposed to be divided between Frank and Steven, but well Steven injured his back. 

Its weird why Matt was never asked, but well this decision of keeping Frank was decided by the 3 of them and not only Axl. 

Izzy would have been contacted before Fortus, the NuGNR members only heard about these things taking places back in 2014, they only heard talks about it, but never from Axl. So it was all Hush Hush as Axl,Slash and Duff would be negotiating things. 

But when things din't work with Izzy, then Fortus would have got the call, Slash and Duff got no problem with Fortus even though Fortus said he won't share the same stage with Slash and god knows what. But well he was taking Axl's "Side", but he himself got a big slap on his face when Slash came back. Fortus does respects Slash, I guess he said cause he was too scared to get fired by Axl. 

8 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

But when things din't work with Izzy, then Fortus would have got the call, Slash and Duff got no problem with Fortus even though Fortus said he won't share the same stage with Slash and god knows what. But well he was taking Axl's "Side", but he himself got a big slap on his face when Slash came back. Fortus does respects Slash, I guess he said cause he was too scared to get fired by Axl. 

I guess everyone has put aside their feelings. Axl had said a few years back that either he or Slash would be dead before they'd ever work together again. For whatever the reasons, I'm glad things are working out. There's probably still work to be done as far as healing old wounds, rebuilding relationships, etc. As long as things keep going the way they have been, I don't foresee any issues. At least I hope not.

Edited by Kara

12 minutes ago, Kara said:

I guess everyone has put aside their feelings. Axl had said a few years back that either he or Slash would be dead before they'd ever work together again. For whatever the reasons, I'm glad things are working out. There's probably still work to be done as far as healing old wounds, rebuilding relationships, etc. As long as things keep going the way they have been, I don't foresee any issues. At least I hope not.

Axl is a weird dude. I could understand him being bitter with and about Stephanie Seymour. But being bitter with Slash and Duff was ridiculous. And since GnR is just a company there should have been always a place for old employees. Axls biggest problem since 1993 is that he is not listening to the fan base...give them what they want and they are happy...i don't even expect a great record anymore, but just the coll vibe of the old guys makes a better record than CD.

Booting out Matt and Gilby is ridiculous. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

If Izzy and Steven were in the band and Duff and Slash were out, you would be saying they (Duff/Slash) were the soul and sound of GnR, and Izzy and Steven wouldn't be getting love from you. 

Just like countless other bands, GnR have had a ton of different members. It's absolutely pointless to whinge about it constantly. To my ears they sound great without Steven and Izzy (they are certainly tighter). Would it be cool to see them all on stage again? yes. Does it really matter if it happens? no. Are they going to get back together and make a new record? no, and they shouldn't! The AFD line up is great because it was short lived and never had a chance to over stay it's welcome. Let's not ruin that.

We'll see what happens over the next few months and years as far as full reunions go, it really is only a matter of time at this stage. 

Guns had many members but who is really worth? Many people can play Izzy's guitar parts but i dont see any "real" gnr album without Izzy songwriting. Chinese is very good but a guns album, really? The original memberq are important for their presence, their own groove (izzy and steven have it) and for songwriting (weĺl izzy is composer for so many songs and hits...). The current band seems to be on fire onstage, but the question stays open for the new album... a new album without izzy? Good luck☺ i know izzy was not the only composer but he was very important. As many point out in this forum, at least for songwriting, im sure something would be missing without izzy... for the guns musical trademark 

16 hours ago, ludurigan said:

thats right, you need to be ruthless in business. YES. 

you are ruthless with everyone you make business with. YES

you are ruthless with the lawyers you hire, with the promoter you deal with, with the record company, your manager, roadies, everyone.

you are not ruthless with someone that you formed a band with, someone you wrote songs with, someone that you shared some of the best years of your life with. NO

you just dont do that.

Whats ruthless about saying I bring more to the table so I will get paid more? We're 100% invested, youre only going to be popping in from time to time guest appearances, so you will get lower. Thats not ruthless. Thats logic.

3 hours ago, Russel Nash said:

(the band continues to perform “Double Talkin’ Jive” to this day, even though it’s so much Stradlin’s song that he actually sings the lead vocals on its studio recording)

:facepalm:

How much was Adler making?  If he was making 10-99k for playing a couple of songs a night, that's a pretty quick payday to fill the wallet

A few hundred thousand would make a lot more sense for a full set gig, but if Izzy was going to receive the same treatment as Adler with guest spots during a set, five figures makes sense

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gackt said:

How much was Adler making?  If he was making 10-99k for playing a couple of songs a night, that's a pretty quick payday to fill the wallet

A few hundred thousand would make a lot more sense for a full set gig, but if Izzy was going to receive the same treatment as Adler with guest spots during a set, five figures makes sense

yeah true the article does say "cameo" so its likely it was only a few songs

i was thinking full gig 

7 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

offering Izzy 5 figures is a disgrace

if Axl/Duff/Izzy are making 3m per show then Izzy should at a minimum offered 1m per.

but im over it at this point though 

I`m sorry boy, what are you smoking? :facepalm: Slash , Duff and Axl are not making 3 m per show individually..is between the three, and not forget Axl has to pay the other musicians.

Do you honestly think that Izzy (who is not in the band anymore) deserves make 1 millon for one or two songs???

If this information is correct, he was offered more 5 figures for one or two songs, is a lotttt of money . (I`m not complaining, just saying).

31 minutes ago, Juliette said:

I`m sorry boy, what are you smoking? :facepalm: Slash , Duff and Axl are not making 3 m per show individually..is between the three, and not forget Axl has to pay the other musicians.

Do you honestly think that Izzy (who is not in the band anymore) deserves make 1 millon for one or two songs???

If this information is correct, he was offered more 5 figures for one or two songs, is a lotttt of money . (I`m not complaining, just saying).

you got me before i edited

i quickly realized there was no way they were making that much each LOL but rather they were making 3m total as a group (excuse me on that i wasn't thinking) although IF Izzy was gonna do a full gigs then just replace the 1M with 100k or so and its still the same sentiment.

if he was gonna do a Steven deal where he only played 1 or 2 songs then 5 figures isn't all that bad.

Edited by -W.A.R-

6 hours ago, Zint said:

KISS did it.
It was a massive success for quite some time.

The "farewell" tour? :lol:

It's too bad the Revenge line-up didn't make a comeback, but Tommy & Eric have been very close to the band for years before the fact

35 minutes ago, melonhead87 said:

Whats ruthless about saying I bring more to the table so I will get paid more? We're 100% invested, youre only going to be popping in from time to time guest appearances, so you will get lower. Thats not ruthless. Thats logic.

i am sure that its safe to assume that if izzy wanted a equal part then what was discussed was full involvement

which probably means that he would either replace that richard dude

or he would play all the shows, full-time, (even if that Richard dude was still on board)

• Like 2