Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

I'm literally shocked! The fact that Slash and Duff had the power to veto Axl over licensing - and used that power to sue him twice or thrice in the mid naughties - is now being used as evidence of their sterling work ethic and reliability!! !

Is there no end to this forum flip-flopping? If Gary Glitter joined Axl's gnr, would we then see posts defending the actions of Gary Glitter?

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

My assumption from Izzy's tweet (and personal/band history) is that Stradlin wants the box office for this tour to be split equally between the four of them (or five if Adler was under discussion). I do not see how anyone can interpret that tweet as implying that Izzy wants to regain his share of the 'Guns N' Roses' trademark. I may be wrong but the tweet was responding specifically to touring, and Izzy has never shown much desire to regain control of his share in the band in the past - indeed, Izzy guested with Axl on multiple occasions in 2006 and 2012 under the present business arrangement. 

I think so too.

31 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

I think so too.

I think he posted to clarify what was said (or rather unsaid) about him in the interview. Axl implied that Izzy commited and then backed out - like he was unpredictable and therefore hard to include in anything. What I take from Izzy's tweet is that he called that "bullshit" :P - he didn't resign because he is just doing things on a whim, but because of the terms he was presented. I assume he was willing to take part in it but when they got down to contracts he realized it's not what he wants.

Btw, I think Niven said that Izzy doesn't hava a manger - I think that's a huge disadvantage in this context.

Edited by bikka
  • Like 1

http://www.alternativenation.net/axl-rose-slash-duff-mckagans-guns-n-roses-pay-days-revealed/

Take this with a grain of salt i guess, as its our favoirte forum lurker Brett Buchanan.. 

He says these were the numbers that were revealed back in the day when Slash and Duff sued Axl. The question would be if these are still the numbers right now. If these are the numbers, I guess I could see why they would be unwilling to evenly split with Izzy.

Edited by NicDwolfwood

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

You're right. He doesn't want "back in" in the sense he'd be required to do or worry about anything other than playing, he just wants payment equal to those who do.

Yes, that has certainly been his only track record to go by for 23 years. He doesn't even want to worry about any type of tour supporting his solo stuff. (But there WAS the big 76 date gauntlet with the JuJus in 93. I haven overlooked it Diesel ?) There's no reason to speculate he even wants to play a full show, much less a tour, much less being back full time. 

Pretty much the same old shit for the past 30 pages... Nothing I've seen convinces me that the loot should be split equally.

kinda shit that it all comes down to money... like i know the tour is just a cash grab anyways but i like to try and pretend theyre doing this cuz they want to play together... wish all 5 of them were at the troubadour and tore the roof off that fuckin place like the good ol days... contract negotiations arent very badass

3 hours ago, Modano09 said:

You're right. He doesn't want "back in" in the sense he'd be required to do or worry about anything other than playing, he just wants payment equal to those who do.

The ''partnership'' is irrelevant, or needn't be irrelevant. I cannot believe fans - I'm not sure if they are Axl fanatics or merely Hybrid nutters - are now espousing the business interest with which Axl, Slash and Duff spent the best part of the naughties suing each other as a praise worthy legal agreement. The partnership has been elevated from Domesday Book to Magna Carta within seconds of Izzy's tweet!!

4 minutes ago, downliner said:

If Izzy really was only offered $40k out of $26M that's insulting. I thought that 28 weeks ago and I still think that now :fuckyou:

I was disappointed not to see Izzy at the Vegas shows but I'm glad the guy knows his value. Why should "the partnership" be the only ones who profit from an Appetite reunion? 

Well said!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Shit was fascinating.

Why don't Izzy become the 3rd guitarist if Axl want 3 guitar?

And lol Scrotum, Axl was right, it's either Frank, or Adler instead.

Slash picking Scrotum was dumb tho, it's an insult to Adler.

Are you 6 years old? scrotum??? really.???

How is slash picking Matt an insult to Adler? Adler hurt his back, its roundly accepted that Steven wasnt up to full-time touring. Its turned out to be the case for different reasons, but still.. the result remains the same. If Slash knew this (which he did).. then picking Sorum (Over steven and frank) surely isnt an insult to Steven.

As for Izzy, he and GNR couldnt come to an agreement on $$$. Axl has Richard on guitar anyway. GNR offered what they offered, Izzy didnt like it so they didnt have an agreement. It really is that simple. 

seriously.. some of you fans are wired wrong. Think before you speak. (or in this case..type)

Edited by Tadsy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, downliner said:

Read this 28 weeks ago from an insider.....

Some of it turned out to be true, some not so, but I think this is where the "Izzy turned down 5 figures per show" MSL news comes from, and it's also where @Gibbo got his Duff quote which appeared in this very thread :thumbsup: This info has been dripping out bit by bit so don't think I'm revealing anything new here, but it all comes from one source and it might help clear up how much we can trust the news based on some of the other scraps of info (if the source is the same).

Monster Energy pulled out after being on board for 9 months citing bad economics. [The source] speculated that they might have been underwriting the production for the shows.
Adler will be guesting on at least one song - Slash has arranged this.
Axl is insisting on having 3 guitarists
GNR are being paid $26M by AEG for the 4 gigs.
GNR split the payment: Axl 50% / Slash 25% / Duff 25%
Izzys been offered $40k for the 4 gigs ($10k per show).
Slash Duff and Izzy have been rehearsing together, Axl hasn't shown up
Slash wants Sorum on drums. Axl still hates him so it will be Frank.
They have been rehearsing Chi Dem and Madagascar, no VR.
A direct quote from Duff's mouth " Izzy thinks he's gonna get his fucken 25% back, that's never gonna fucken happen".
As of this week Pitman is out
Slash and Axl have been in a room together
Izzy and Duff have put down tracks, Slash has added to them, now they are waiting for Axl to come and put vocals on

---

If Izzy really was only offered $40k out of $26M that's insulting. I thought that 28 weeks ago and I still think that now :fuckyou:

I was disappointed not to see Izzy at the Vegas shows but I'm glad the guy knows his value. Why should "the partnership" be the only ones who profit from an Appetite reunion? :shrugs:

P.S Axl screaming on Izzys "Walkn Song" would have been badass. The song has a fuckton of swagger with Izzy singing, but throw Red on that song and you've got a hit ;)

I think for that "insider" it is a case of how a broken clock is always right at least twice a day.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Tadsy said:

Are you 6 years old? scrotum??? really.???

How is slash picking Matt an insult to Adler? Adler hurt his back, its roundly accepted that Steven wasnt up to full-time touring. Its turned out to be the case for different reasons, but still.. the result remains the same. If Slash knew this (which he did).. then picking Sorum (Over steven and frank) surely isnt an insult to Steven.

seriously.. some of you fans are wired wrong. Think before you speak. (or in this case..type)

I mean, both Adler and Sorum were considered classics by many fans. But Adler is the original one, can you imagine Adler guessing 2 random song and Sorum there full time? It's will be an insult to Adler because how many times passes by, they still pick Sorum over him

Now the band pick Frank over them two, it's still an insult for them, but at least Adler stil can brag himself because the band choose him to have special guess spot, not Sorum.

The back surgery kinda saves his face a little too.

1 minute ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

I mean, both Adler and Sorum were considered classics by many fans. But Adler is the original one, can you imagine Adler guessing 2 random song and Sorum there full time? It's will be an insult to Adler because how many times passes by, they still pick Sorum over him

Now the band pick Frank over them two, it's still an insult for them, but at least Adler stil can brag himself because the band choose him to have special guess spot, not Sorum.

The back surgery kinda saves his face a little too.

At the end of the day, Adler looked pretty damn chuffed to be up there, given his situation of being a recovering addict and his back problems, and the fact that hes previously sued the band and Axl, im sure he was probably worried about being invited back in any capacity and was happy with what he got.. which was a guest role.

The same could have been said of Sorum if he was invited back, but from all reports and this is only heresay.. sorum and axl arent on great terms. So that leaves Frank to do the majority of the Job.

In regards to Izzy, plenty has been said on here and its all been covered before... my personal opinion is, that Izzy wasnt needed to shift tickets and that this tour was about bringing Slash and Axl together, whoever filled the other spots after Duff doesnt really matter, the money being grossed confirms that. Izzy wasnt integral to this tour being a success, the band knows it, and once they couldnt strike an agreement with Izzy they basically said, no hard feelings, we are moving on.. now Izzy looks like hes a bit sore about it, and maybe thats fair eniugh, maybe its not.. i dont know the exact terms and i never will... it honestly used to bother me... getting these guys all back together, but seeing duff, slash and axl back on the same stage is honestly enough for me. My favorite parts of the tour so far were this.

1. The troubadour.. seeing those 3 together again for the first time since 93... that was a rush.

2. Seeing steven with them and so happy, that was massive.

The rest of it doesnt overly bother me anymore.

• Like 1