Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

1 hour ago, downliner said:

Read this 28 weeks ago from an insider.....

Some of it turned out to be true, some not so, but I think this is where the "Izzy turned down 5 figures per show" MSL news comes from, and it's also where @Gibbo got his Duff quote which appeared in this very thread :thumbsup: This info has been dripping out bit by bit so don't think I'm revealing anything new here, but it all comes from one source and it might help clear up how much we can trust the news based on some of the other scraps of info (if the source is the same).

Monster Energy pulled out after being on board for 9 months citing bad economics. [The source] speculated that they might have been underwriting the production for the shows.
Adler will be guesting on at least one song - Slash has arranged this.
Axl is insisting on having 3 guitarists
GNR are being paid $26M by AEG for the 4 gigs.
GNR split the payment: Axl 50% / Slash 25% / Duff 25%
Izzys been offered $40k for the 4 gigs ($10k per show).
Slash Duff and Izzy have been rehearsing together, Axl hasn't shown up
Slash wants Sorum on drums. Axl still hates him so it will be Frank.
They have been rehearsing Chi Dem and Madagascar, no VR.
A direct quote from Duff's mouth " Izzy thinks he's gonna get his fucken 25% back, that's never gonna fucken happen".
As of this week Pitman is out
Slash and Axl have been in a room together
Izzy and Duff have put down tracks, Slash has added to them, now they are waiting for Axl to come and put vocals on

---

If Izzy really was only offered $40k out of $26M that's insulting. I thought that 28 weeks ago and I still think that now :fuckyou:

I was disappointed not to see Izzy at the Vegas shows but I'm glad the guy knows his value. Why should "the partnership" be the only ones who profit from an Appetite reunion? :shrugs:

P.S Axl screaming on Izzys "Walkn Song" would have been badass. The song has a fuckton of swagger with Izzy singing, but throw Red on that song and you've got a hit ;)

25% is $6.5million. A lot of space between that and $40,000. How is $40,000 the only alternative to 25%???

• Like 2

On 8 de septiembre de 2016 at 8:21 PM, bacardimayne said:

As I said earlier in the week, this may be the most pathetic thing Axl and Guns N' Roses have ever done.

Not even in the 2011-2014 dark ages did Axl keep a founding member of the band and longtime friend out for petty money reasons.

Absolutely disgusting. Sad my theory has been proven true about this corporate, shit, cashgrab tour.

And why is Axl the one to blame?  is not like you know any of these dudes or what really happened, you neither know Izzy nor Axl or the rest of the guys.

It would be interesting if Duff can explain why Izzy will be never be in the partnership again. He better come up with very compelling reasons. Axl had a chance to explain it in the t.v. interview and be specific about it but he blew it.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Padme said:

It would be interesting if Duff can explain why Izzy will be never be in the partnership again. He better come up with very compelling reasons. Axl had a chance to explain it in the t.v. interview and be specific about it but he blew it.

He didn't blow it, he respectfully avoided talking about business on television. 

18 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Izzy as a performer he's hit and miss. 

735.gif   

18 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Izzy and Steven are guests.

735.gif 735.gif 

5 hours ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Izzy stage presence is almost as miniscule as Dizzy

735.gif 735.gif 735.gif 735.gif 735.gif

4 hours ago, downliner said:

Slash Duff and Izzy have been rehearsing together, Axl hasn't shown up
Izzy and Duff have put down tracks, Slash has added to them, now they are waiting for Axl to come and put vocals on

I wanna hear those rehearsals, I wanna hear the music they wrote, I wanna hear GNR! :headbang:

5 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I cannot believe fans - I'm not sure if they are Axl fanatics or merely Hybrid nutters - are now espousing the business interest with which Axl, Slash and Duff spent the best part of the naughties suing each other as a praise worthy legal agreement. The partnership has been elevated from Domesday Book to Magna Carta within seconds of Izzy's tweet!!

fucking great posts on this thread Diesel  :headbang:

1 minute ago, Slosh13 said:

He didn't blow it, he respectfully avoided talking about business on television. 

The thing is Izzy didn't find it respectful. And Axl didn't come up with the right words to avoid the issue. And I don't see how avoiding things is making things better for everyone involved

• Like 1

I apologize in advance if I'm repeating anything already said in the previous 62 pages, but here are my thoughts:

1) This Izzy feud is a great example if why the band doesn't do interviews.  Axl attempting to side step a sensitive topic (imperfectly, but somewhat respectfully) leads to THIS.

2) This tour has exceeded my expectations in almost every way possible.  However, I can'tell help but be a little bummed that we were so close to seeing the Appetite lineup in Vegas and it didn'the happen because of unfortunate circumstances (Adler injury) and money (Izzy).

3)  It's really hard for me to pick a side on this issue.  BOTH sides are guilty about making it about money - without more details, it's impossible to say who is being more unreasonable.  It's just really sad that right now could be the last opportunity for a full reunion to happen, and it's not because these rich guys can't decide specifically how much richer it should make each of them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AncientEvil80 said:

If those details are true, then fuck yea, Izzy has all the rights to refuse. Unreal. What an insult. 

And Duff should start drinking again. His politically correct side of doing this "business" is starting to bother me... 

This all leaves a very bad taste in mouth... just saying.

Whats all the talk about Duff the business wizard? He made good on some shares & went to business school? He was reportedly (before the tour obviously) worth slightly more than crack head Adler, Izzy & Slash worth considerably more. Can someone full me in? 

18 hours ago, Slash787 said:

I will tell you who is reliable and unreliable. 

Slash and Duff left when a new album was supposed to be made.

Josh Freese left in middle of making the album, even before the first show happened.

Bucket head also left in between making an album, he wanted some coup shit in the recording studio and did god knows what vulgar stuff. 

The best buddy who saved GNR Paul Tobias also left cause supposedly he was scared of touring.

When Axl's dream album released, Robin Fink left when a tour for the album was supposed to happen.

Bumblefoot also informed them that he is leaving in middle of the tour.

Ashba left cause for him Sixx Am was more important. 

Tommy had enough and The Replacements were more important for him.

Now well lets see who is reliable and unreliable. 

You love twisting things...

Bumblefoot - gave his notice in the middle of the tour, AND then finished out the rest of the dates. Reliable.

Ashba - douche, but he quit in a period of inactivity. there was buggar all actual plans in pace at that point. Professional.

Tommy - Replacements dates came up, he said "I need these dates off" GnR booked conflicting dates. Not his fault, he was there fro every other tour. Reliable / professional.

Paul Tobias - Don't really know his story. But who cares? 

Josh Freese - left after 2? years of recording the same album to join a functioning band. Made a good career decision, and he had laid down tracks for a bunch of songs. Professional.

Buckethead - Quit because of a lot of reasons. Not getting on with everyone in the band, not seeing a clear end to he recording process. He quit before the 2004 tour, but to me it sounds like he was blamed for it falling through but he wasn't really the actual cause for the cancellation. Undetermined.

Slash and Duff. Slash quit during the pre-production of a record, but he was willing to stay but again it looked like things were never going to get done. professional

Duff. Left because of health during the making of CD, no end date was in sight and he wasn't happy. Pro.

Izzy - quit because he wasn't happy, but he left during a tour. Unprofessional.

Steven - Fired because he was whacked out of it when he was supposed to be recording tracks for their new album. Unprofessional.

• Like 4

So If Izzy and Steven do or say something it is very unreliable and unprofessional.

But if others do so then its totally ok and its better for their future and the decision they took is totally justified. 

and yeah I forgot Axl Rose is GOD who can jump on people, who can be late for 3 hours, who cannot show up to a concert, who can keep on delaying an album, who can keep his band members out of the loop, who can delay his band members payment or not pay them at all for the past 4 years. 

• Like 3

Because Axl (and Slash) is the irreplaceable one, it's a fact that the irreplaceable one in the group get tolerated more. GNR need Axl (and Slash) more than Izzy or Steven.

And there will be no GNR if Axl Rose was a model citizen. Bill Bailey and Saul Hudson first single will be Welcome to the College.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

So If Izzy and Steven do or say something it is very unreliable and unprofessional.

But if others do so then its totally ok and its better for their future and the decision they took is totally justified. 

and yeah I forgot Axl Rose is GOD who can jump on people, who can be late for 3 hours, who cannot show up to a concert, who can keep on delaying an album, who can keep his band members out of the loop, who can delay his band members payment or not pay them at all for the past 4 years. 

Axl isn't above my critique (I just though it was so obvious that it was pointless mentioning it... obviously not), he's been the most unprofessional ember of GnR from day 1. Still in present day, he seems to have his shit together and is acting professionally. When Izzy or any other member show that they have their shit together my opinion of them will change accordingly. 

The rest of your points were skewed or just plain inaccurate, that's why I countered each point.

• Like 1