Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

On 9/15/2016 at 1:39 AM, Padme said:

It would be interesting if Duff can explain why Izzy will be never be in the partnership again. He better come up with very compelling reasons. Axl had a chance to explain it in the t.v. interview and be specific about it but he blew it.

LOL Jesus like you are owed (or any of us) an explanation on their personal business. No one has to explain anything personal, and Axl was respectful to the obviously delicate situation.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2016 at 8:10 AM, Pink Rose said:

This is why these cowards aren't doing interviews.  They know there are no real reasons to keep Izzy out.  They don't want to admit to the fans that it's their own egos, greed, corruptness and  selfishness that are screwing over their brothers Izzy and Steven.  That's why the only thing Axl could come up with is "I don't know what to say about Izzy."  He isn't dare gonna say the truth "Well, I want all the money for myself."

Is that you Izzy?

On 9/15/2016 at 0:07 PM, GNRfan2008 said:

I wouldn't pay money to see them even with Izzy and Adler. They are all old farts now. Rather stick with the footage from 30 years ago. 

I bet you are fun to hang out with!

• Like 1

On 9/16/2016 at 9:05 PM, BorderlineCrazy said:

When was the last time Steven acted unprofessional? I don't think it's fair to call him unprofessional if a few months of good behavior are enough to change the opinion on Axl. I think both of them are doing great at this point.

Also, Izzy left on August 31st after GNR's last european date, the next date was 3 months later. That doesn't sound unprofessional to me. You couldn't expect him to stay there until July of 1993 being part of the longest tour ever. I think he gave them enough time to replace him.

It depends how you define unprofessional. He was shooting off about Duff and Slash and doing his usual "poor me, everyone was mean to me" routine like a year ago. But if we're just talking falling off the wagon he hasn't done that since the last time someone in GNR gave him a chance (touring with Duff in 2013).

On 9/15/2016 at 0:10 PM, Pink Rose said:

This is why these cowards aren't doing interviews.  They know there are no real reasons to keep Izzy out.  They don't want to admit to the fans that it's their own egos, greed, corruptness and  selfishness that are screwing over their brothers Izzy and Steven.  That's why the only thing Axl could come up with is "I don't know what to say about Izzy."  He isn't dare gonna say the truth "Well, I want all the money for myself."

Yeah, because anyone who gets a chance to interview Axl and Slash together for the first time in 20 years is going to spend the whole interview wanting to talk about Izzy and Adler.

5 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

It depends how you define unprofessional. He was shooting off about Duff and Slash and doing his usual "poor me, everyone was mean to me" routine like a year ago. But if we're just talking falling off the wagon he hasn't done that since the last time someone in GNR gave him a chance (touring with Duff in 2013).

Yeah, because anyone who gets a chance to interview Axl and Slash together for the first time in 20 years is going to spend the whole interview wanting to talk about Izzy and Adler.

Yeah Axl has never said anything about Slash in the past few years. No one has said anything about eachother.

Only Steven is the one who says everything about everyone. 

3 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Yeah Axl has never said anything about Slash in the past few years. No one has said anything about eachother.

Only Steven is the one who says everything about everyone. 

I get the debate about Izzy but the complaining about Adler not being the full-time drummer is ridiculous. The guy's been on and off the wagon for 26 years and when last he was given an opportunity he blew it. Having a tour of this magnitude relying on him would be moronic. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Modano09 said:

I get the debate about Izzy but the complaining about Adler not being the full-time drummer is ridiculous. The guy's been on and off the wagon for 26 years and when last he was given an opportunity he blew it. Having a tour of this magnitude relying on him would be moronic. 

I really don't get the hate you have towards Izzy and Steven. You are anyways on Ignore for me, I thought to see if you said something sensible, but that din't happen. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

I really don't get the hate you have towards Izzy and Steven. You are anyways on Ignore for me, I thought to see if you said something sensible, but that din't happen. 

I like Izzy. I don't think he deserves equal to what the rest are making but I like him. Adler I'm mostly indifferent towards but I find it ridiculous people act like he's some victim who's wrongfully excluded for no good reason. He's an unreliable junkie. I think that's a good reason to not have a $3 million per show tour relying on him.  

7 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I think the reason for that is that fans go only by how they feel, not how things really are. Let's face it we don't really give a fuck how the band does, as long as they do what we want. Kinda like when they say that Axl is a good guy now, but was an asshole from 2000 to 2014 that's a load of bullshit, but what happens is that most people in here wanted a reunion and since they weren't getting it, they resorted to attack the guy they choose to blameF for it. Is the same formula to each issue on the history of this band Because our wallets aren't on the line here if they were most in here wouldn't even allow Steven near the building were a concert is being made, let alone special guest apparences.

30 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I like Izzy. I don't think he deserves equal to what the rest are making but I like him. Adler I'm mostly indifferent towards but I find it ridiculous people act like he's some victim who's wrongfully excluded for no good reason. He's an unreliable junkie. I think that's a good reason to not have a $3 million per show tour relying on him.  

Well, I like izzy. Without him GNR wouldn't have been as good material wise. Live playing wise he worked well with slash, he doesn't have to showboat or run all over the place to prove he belongs. His playing already established that. It took all of them to make it what it was, particularly the big 4- Axl, Slash, Izzy and Duff. He should be in that partnership. Adler I completely agree with, it's just too big of a risk to have him be the sole drummer for this band considering the money that's on the line. Personally I think Adler and Frank should split duties. 

3 hours ago, melonhead87 said:

LOL Jesus like you are owed (or any of us) an explanation on their personal business. No one has to explain anything personal, and Axl was respectful to the obviously delicate situation.

Duff saying that Izzy will never have his 25% seems a really jerk move unless there is a good reason. Sure Izzy left the band in the middle of a tour. But nobody in the band is in a position to cast the first stone. They all fucked things up in their own way. And after all Izzy came back in 93 when the band needed him. Izzy was back in 95 for a short time trying to help them with songwriting. Izzy joined Axl in 2006 and 2012. Izzy joined Duff and Adler in 2007 on stage for the AFD anniversary. Izzy, Duff and Slash colabarated on their respective solo albums. One way or another Izzy was around.

As I said before it doesn't matter if you think Axl was respectful. Izzy didn't see it that way.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Analyze the excuses for not including Izzy and Adler - just run through them for a second....

Drug addiction? Adler and Izzy are sober, just like Slash and Duff (who were also addicts).

Importance? Izzy wrote vastly more material than Duff and marginally more than Slash. Izzy also founded the band, unlike Slash and Duff but much alike Axl.

Longevity? All hail Dizzy Reed!!! Seriously, Slash and Duff quit the same band exactly five and six years (from Izzy) respectively. Technically Axl quit Guns N' Roses in late 1995!

Unreliability? Nearly every gig that has been messed up through unreliability has been messed up because of W. Axl Rose, not, Izzy or Adler.

Every excuse put forward for their non-inclusion is either grossly hypocritical, regarding the position of the other three, or completely irrelevant!

Well, they were going to be included. Except Izzy didn't get the $ he wanted. We don't know what role he was offered or what he wanted his role to be. But the decision to be not included was his.

Adler has stated in the past he has no desire to play or learn anything besides AFD material. Not to mention the physical demands of playing a 2:30 show, even if he learned everything. But he was included for a few shows, probably will be again.

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Well, they were going to be included. Except Izzy didn't get the $ he wanted. We don't know what role he was offered or what he wanted his role to be. But the decision to be not included was his.

Adler has stated in the past he has no desire to play or learn anything besides AFD material. Not to mention the physical demands of playing a 2:30 show, even if he learned everything. But he was included for a few shows, probably will be again.

I am offering forth the reasons put forth from forum users.

4 hours ago, maxpax said:

Thats a good point. And that's why I couldn't understand people here when they said NuGnR was better than OldGnR. The forum was a different place in 2004. OldGnR was almost a taboo in the main section. 

It's because Slash and Axl weren't friends so Axl's self appointed bodyguards made the topic taboo. 

6 hours ago, Padme said:

Duff saying that Izzy will never have his 25% seems a really jerk move unless there is a good reason. Sure Izzy left the band in the middle of a tour. But nobody in the band is in a position to cast the first stone. They all fucked things up in their own way. And after all Izzy came back in 93 when the band needed him. Izzy was back in 95 for a short time trying to help them with songwriting. Izzy joined Axl in 2006 and 2012. Izzy joined Duff and Adler in 2007 on stage for the AFD anniversary. Izzy, Duff and Slash colabarated on their respective solo albums. One way or another Izzy was around.

As I said before it doesn't matter if you think Axl was respectful. Izzy didn't see it that way.

Izzy was bought out of his 25%, at his request. I don't know what the terms of his deal were, but if he wants his 25% and all that comes with it back, shouldn't he have to buy it back?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Modano09 said:

I didn't say anything about Steven being full time drummer, I just asked when was the last time he was unprofessional. And to me, he was completely professional on the Loaded/Adler tour because his performances were great. If we were to count what they do off stage, then we should say Slash and Duff were unprofessional during their entire time in GNR prior to the reunion.

Just to throw another spanner in the works, I read that Duff said that they were all still talking all these years. Not often but through royalties & music they had no choice but to communicate. I understand Live Era' was through intermediaries but it was more like Duff was saying that we kind of always knew we would be back together (the 3 of us) at some point because we have always kept in contact. My point is that we know Izzy was part of that contact over the years as he has performed on both sides yet we didn't think Slash & Axl were communicating at all. Then again, Slash did say a couple of years ago that the last time he spoke with Axl was 1996 so I'm confused. 

Final point, we have the 3 back & Izzy clearly want's a bigger cut which he may be entitled to depending but having said that he did not really go through  the UYI tour & I think that is where they are coming from. This feels like UYI Tour take 2. 

6 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Izzy was bought out of his 25%, at his request. I don't know what the terms of his deal were, but if he wants his 25% and all that comes with it back, shouldn't he have to buy it back?

Izzy can't buy something that it's not for sale. All we know at this point is that Duff said Izzy will never have his 25%. Izzy was offered 4 shows 10k each. Was Izzy offered some alternative to the 4 shows deal? We don't know

All 3 members of the partnership have to agree to let someone else join (or leave).  The terms for that would involve a purchase I would guess. And I'm betting that the Guns N Roses entity's value has increased significantly in the last 9 months. Izzy may not be able to afford a piece at that fair value.

And also, assuming the Duff quote about Izzy getting his 25% back is legit, who's to say it's Duff that won't let him back in. Maybe he was speaking for Slash or Axl.

19 hours ago, NOVEMBER COMA said:

Just to throw another spanner in the works, I read that Duff said that they were all still talking all these years. Not often but through royalties & music they had no choice but to communicate. I understand Live Era' was through intermediaries but it was more like Duff was saying that we kind of always knew we would be back together (the 3 of us) at some point because we have always kept in contact. My point is that we know Izzy was part of that contact over the years as he has performed on both sides yet we didn't think Slash & Axl were communicating at all. Then again, Slash did say a couple of years ago that the last time he spoke with Axl was 1996 so I'm confused. 

Final point, we have the 3 back & Izzy clearly want's a bigger cut which he may be entitled to depending but having said that he did not really go through  the UYI tour & I think that is where they are coming from. This feels like UYI Tour take 2. 

I think he meant they probably were speaking to each other through lawyers or some sort of legal representation. And I think it was between the big 3, izzy communicated with all them but I doubt it had to do with anything GNR related, except for guest appearances with axls band 

37 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

I think he meant they probably were speaking to each other through lawyers or some sort of legal representation. And I think it was between the big 3, izzy communicated with all them but I doubt it had to do with anything GNR related, except for guest appearances with axls band 

Yeah, Duff and Slash spoke, obviously, but he said in his book that after he quit GNR his only interaction with Axl was throw lawyers or being cc'd on legal emails.