Izzy Stradlin comments on reunion

18 hours ago, youngswedishvinyl said:

To my knowledge only the Freddie Mercury Tribute show was shot on film, everything else what shot on video.

FM Tribute was shot on video only, thats why the Blu-Ray is not in high resolution.

GN'R film sources in their vaults might not be many, but -at minimum- they shot every show from illusion tour on video. And seriously, check official "Welcome To The Video" DVD (exspecially LALD and Dead Horse - those videos include lots of different UYI tour show footage)......there is GREAT GREAT quality in their vaults!

• 4 weeks later...
On September 8, 2016 at 6:21 PM, bacardimayne said:

As I said earlier in the week, this may be the most pathetic thing Axl and Guns N' Roses have ever done.

Not even in the 2011-2014 dark ages did Axl keep a founding member of the band and longtime friend out for petty money reasons.

Absolutely disgusting. Sad my theory has been proven true about this corporate, shit, cashgrab tour.

let's be real though. A big stadium tour of reunion, redemption, and nostalgia is just about the best you can hope for from rock n rollthese days. who' s releasing albums these days? Moreover, who's releasing good albums?

2 minutes ago, Mr. Dude said:

let's be real though. A big stadium tour of reunion, redemption, and nostalgia is just about the best you can hope for from rock n rollthese days. who' s releasing albums these days? Moreover, who's releasing good albums?

...and he claims to be a Rusty!!!!

Edited by DieselDaisy

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

...and he claims to be a Rusty!!!!

And that's just the thing, anyone who occasionally still does release a meaningful record is like a Neil or Dylan age. Unfortunately Records seem just about dead as a medium. 

Just now, Mr. Dude said:

I like it all, but psychedelic pill was the last studio album I really jumped onto. the shows are still mammoth, but have you really dove into any of the last few records?

Psychedelic Pill wasn't that long ago - couple of years! The two albums I consider first rate from recent years are Le Noise and Psychedelic Pill. Le Noise is a masterpiece. Psychedelic Pill is probably a bit indulgent but it is manna for diehard Horse fans. I didn't care for Folk on the Road (when was that, 2009?). His covers album was good but it was just that: a covers album. Monsanto is a bit preachy. He seems to be gearing up for a new album as he has just played an album's worth of new material at the customary end-of-year charity events and one offs - one song has acquired a bit of controversy I see. I think he is going to Australia in 2017.

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Psychedelic Pill wasn't that long ago - couple of years! The two albums I consider first rate from recent years are Le Noise and Psychedelic Pill. Le Noise is a masterpiece. Psychedelic Pill is probably a bit indulgent but it is manna for diehard Horse fans. I didn't care for Folk on the Road (when was that, 2009?). His covers album was good but it was just that: a covers album. Monsanto is a bit preachy. He seems to be gearing up for a new album as he has just played an album's worth of new material at the customary end-of-year charity events and one offs - one song has acquired a bit of controversy I see. I think he is going to Australia in 2017.

I agree with you on all counts there, but he's released 4 records since psychedelic pill which came out in 2012 I believe.

Neil or Bob built up there fanbase of loyal fans through the 60s and 70s. They probably still want new music. That's what they are about. 

GNR fans don't seem to really care about new music. It's about the live show. They are a stadium band. 

It's more about the life experience of a "GNR reunion", people are buying 3 shirts. Taking selfies at the show.  Having a good time. 

Izzy is the Neil Dylan of GNR.

But no one cares about songs. They want stadium rock. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...