Goodnight Tonight is a pretty sick song that I don't see discussed much

Maybe I just miss the discussions on this song?  I always wonder if the guys think much about early material that was never released on AFD or the Illusions.  Do they ever think "that is a pretty good song, it'd be nice to finish it or just give it a proper release for the fans"?

This performance of the song with Izzy and the JuJu Hounds seems pertinent following the events of today

Wings has that "Goodnight Tonight" song and GN'R covered McCartney's (or was it a Wings song?) Live and Let Die.  Did Wings' Goodnight Tonight influence this song?  It doesn't sound like a cover of the Wings song

Hard to dissect too much when the above is pretty much the only receding of the song and the quality is pretty much terrible. Rolling Stone had it in their list of "awesomely great songs that nobody has heard of", I'm a big a fan as the next person but even I'd say that was a stretch.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

I like it but songs like Ain't Goin' Down and Crash Diet are way better in my opinion.

Oh I love both of those! 
The band Wildside has done a really good cover of Crash Diet that I almost enjoy even more than the original!

Edited by youngswedishvinyl
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Caught_in_a_Coma said:

Maybe I just miss the discussions on this song?  I always wonder if the guys think much about early material that was never released on AFD or the Illusions.  Do they ever think "that is a pretty good song, it'd be nice to finish it or just give it a proper release for the fans"?

This performance of the song with Izzy and the JuJu Hounds seems pertinent following the events of today

Wings has that "Goodnight Tonight" song and GN'R covered McCartney's (or was it a Wings song?) Live and Let Die.  Did Wings' Goodnight Tonight influence this song?  It doesn't sound like a cover of the Wings song

God, I hate wings!!

anything by guns n roses is pure gold!

this song is really good

the fact that izzy played it live may indicate that it is actually not a GNR song

(since izzy has never played any GNR material on his tours)

it could be a song that he wrote it himself (likely)

or it could be some a song from some other band (not so likely)

===

its just a fucking shame that guns n roses ended in 1991

they were the best band ever and even this utter shitty low quality recording of goodnight tonight is a clear evidence of that

this crap shitty recording of this terrific song is better than all the turds on chinese democracy and on the slash/miles kennedy albums

===

BUT, WAIT!

dont be so harsh on shekels, splosh and dough!

people are reporting that coins n notes are a huge success on their "i can never get enough" tour

117 million dollars and counting, and they dont even need to split it with that guy who quit 25 years ago and who made them sound good!