Billboard - Not in This Lifetime grossed $132 Million so far

At this point, all this tour is missing is crazy introductions. Paging McBob.

"Oui, oui motherfuckers! And all you Pay Per View punks! Let's get ready to rumble! From Hollywood, the feel good band of the 90s... GUNS AND ROSES!"

"THE HULK COULDN'T MAKE IT TONIGHT, but we got some comic book characters for ya!"

"ST LOUIS! Of all the bands in the world, this is definitely one of 'em! From Hollywood... GUNS AND ROSES!"

Edited by Reclamation Project
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

I find it kind of funny that this is celebrated.

Yeah, it's nice that they are doing so well, but let's not forget one of the  main reasons the grosses are so high is that the tickets are really fucking expensive.

Demand is all that matters. If bands felt they could sell out stadiums and charge that much they would all do it, but you need demand and while Guns N Roses didn't sell out every show it should be noted that their average ticket price with discounts considered is still in the $100 range meaning people were willing to pay to see this band. 

So to say this was simply achieved by high ticket prices is taking away from the fact that the tour was a success and they are only done with the first leg.

so for the 25 dates they averaged about $4.6/mil show and 40K pershow. the only tour that's grossed more per show this decade is the U2 tour.  But you got to figure the US is their weakest market, if rock is bigger in S. America and Europe and Asia, right? so the numbers should increase?

I think that promoters barely made even with those numbers. Band got their paycheck :D 

39 minutes ago, jmapelian said:

so for the 25 dates they averaged about $4.6/mil show and 40K pershow. the only tour that's grossed more per show this decade is the U2 tour.  But you got to figure the US is their weakest market, if rock is bigger in S. America and Europe and Asia, right? so the numbers should increase?

Tickets are cheaper in the SA and Asia and I can't imagine those prices in Europe too but with more people at shows I guess it should even out around same mark

Edited by Nicklord

6 hours ago, GNRmello77 said:

These are crazy numbers, not unexpected tho! What are they ever going to do with all that money? Buy their own city and legally change the name to paradise city?? With a Nightrain station and such 

How mutch can Axl spend on next album :D

13 hours ago, SWINGTRADER said:

It is funny reading some comments on the internet claiming the tour was flopping. 

All of this without any promotion or TV appearances. Imagine had they been able to fully reunite and promote the hell of it using all media. 

Maybe it was a smart move. Less promotion= less money spent.

Promo was everywhere, on tv/theaters, especially online. I even got back from New Orleans (live in vegas) and all the horse carriages were painted all GNR

Edited by melonhead87
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, bigpoop said:

I find it kind of funny that this is celebrated.

Yeah, it's nice that they are doing so well, but let's not forget one of the  main reasons the grosses are so high is that the tickets are really fucking expensive.

So are any other shows that are near the profit of GNR