[Poll] What's you personal favorite solo record by one of the AFD members?

[Poll] What's you personal favorite solo record by one of the AFD members?  

343 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I gave Slash's self-titled my vote because of how many great tracks are on it; diverse enough also to make each track stand out on its own

Gives me the impression that it's Slash impersonating the band the guest vocalist is from, in case anyone was curious what would happen if Slash joined Avenged Sevenfold or Motorhead :lol:

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, pacu44 said:

No, Digital download but...

Album is on youtube.... click below, grab a drink of choice and enjoy the next hour....

Listening to Bomb. Actually just heard it for the first time here the other day. I am really liking it the second time through. I'll check out the rest of it. I've heard couple of the songs before.

Edited by Tom-Ass

technically, contraband and libertad should feature too.

but it contains two AFD members you say?

so do most of Izzy's solo albums

22 minutes ago, Italian girl said:

Believe in me is a great punk rock album

...except for the cheesy ballads.

but yeah, that album is rocking away otherwise

29 minutes ago, action said:

technically, contraband and libertad should feature too.

but it contains two AFD members you say?

so do most of Izzy's solo albums

I left the Velvet Revolver albums out since those are generally regarded as albums by the band Velvet Revolver and not a GN'R members solo band/album.

The same thing could be said about both Izzy and the Ju Ju Hounds, SMKC and Duff's Loaded I guess but I (and most people I think) see those more as a solo efforts by GN'R members than I new band that happens to feature one or more members!

I basically had one criteria, if one of the band members is present in the band name and is a member of that very band then it's on the list ;)

Heard all of Slashes ones, they're all pretty naff except the first one which is average to good.  Izzys debut i really liked.  And Axls one is kinda shite.  Heard Believe in Me...was really really generic and disinteresting, never heard nothing off Gilby or Stevie.

Edited by Len Cnut

9 hours ago, default_ said:

Well, theres always Chinese. Its under the GNR brand but we all know what it is. 

Axl disagrees with that. According to him a solo record from him would be more instrumental and more adventurous... he considers CD to be a gnr styled record... which it is and isn't (Street of Dreams - GnR, If the world / Shacklers? good but not GnR).

And for the record if we're counting CD in the solo section (which we shouldn't be), then it's the best of the bunch. World on Fire is my next best choice, great record... although I wish there wasn't as many songs, could have been all killer at 12-14 tracks.

Edited by Tom2112

I have a strong emotional connection to the first JuJu Hounds album.  It was released during GNR's orginal reign (as was 'Believe In Me', which is my runner up), so I lived with and through that album in a completely different way as any of the other solo albums.  Those were released after GNR was done, and that just felt different in a way.  The JuJu Hounds album is also the best in terms of songwriting quality in my opinion.  A classic GNR-related album, up there with AFD and UYI, Believe In Me and Five O' Clock Somewhere.  Not that they are all as good as the other, but all classics in their own way.

25 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Axl disagrees with that. According to him a solo record from him would be more instrumental and more adventurous... he considers CD to be a gnr styled record... which it is and isn't (Street of Dreams - GnR, If the world / Shacklers? good but not GnR).

And for the record if we're counting CD in the solo section (which we shouldn't be), then it's the best of the bunch. World on Fire is my next best choice, great record... although I wish there wasn't as many songs, could have been all killer at 12-14 tracks.

If we're gonna go by what Axl agrees and disagrees on ... good luck !

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I love half of that record but man... Axl isnt the most cohesive guy to tell us what believe. I count Chinese as his solo album, no matter whos playing that songs on tour right now, its something that came from Axl and Axl only not from Guns N' Roses. 
Five O'Clock is more a Guns N' Roses record than Chinese, the whole band except Axl worked on that album (even Dizzy and Izzy!) but still, it is what it is. 

Edited by default_