MDMA, Psychadelics, Conciousness, and Therapy

Dan H.

I've been jonesin for a good trip lately, its been about a year now. So I got a little somethin' coming my way this weekend, and the anticipation is making me want to discuss these amazing and fascinating drugs.

I included Molly because it may be up for rescheduling soon, after a study found that it is hugely beneficial for PTSD treatment, and getting people to open up during psychotherapy.

LSD has also been under research lately, with a thing called "micro-dosing". The idea is to take it in small doses, too small to "trip" but strong enough to feel some of the benefits of the drug. In Alex Goldman's podcast "Reply All", he microdoses with his executive producer for a whole week, to see if his staff will notice a difference. It's very interesting.

So, who here likes psychedelics, and has some cool stories or thoughts about the changing climate around these drugs?

I've done Shrooms and LSD, always a good time. Had a bad trip once, wasn't any kind of a big deal, just got sad and introspective. I was on a depressive pole when I took it.

I have BPD, so I avoid Molly because the hangover fucks my life over for weeks, and could really hurt my brain when taken with my SSRI. I've done it before, but that's one where the high turns into a really ugly low, and I would probably stay away from it anyways

Edited by Dan H.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

I got a mate Leon thats always raving about micro-dosing, to be honest i never understood what the cunt was chatting about.  Love psychedelics but i don't really move in the circles where you come across that shit so my trips, especially lately, are few and very far between.

Same, I have to ask my bud guy to ask another guy to ask another guy basically.

I've never tried microdosing. I trip to fucking trip, but the concept is... Interesting at least.

1 minute ago, PappyTron said:

If I want a psychedelic trip then I come here and read some of Snake-Pit's posts.

Do that while on drugs and you're bound to be locked in the bin for a few months having some kind of fucked up existential crisis :lol:

4 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

Do that while on drugs and you're bound to be locked in the bin for a few months having some kind of fucked up existential crisis :lol:

The only psychedelic drug that I've ever taken was Ketamine as part of a research study. I have no idea how anyone could do that kind of thing recreationally.

4 minutes ago, PappyTron said:

The only psychedelic drug that I've ever taken was Ketamine as part of a research study. I have no idea how anyone could do that kind of thing recreationally.

Ketamine: For being that slurred up asshole that your friends all hate to bring to parties

Never done it, but I always imagined it as a tranq, not a psychedelic, something like a benzo

Edited by Dan H.

Ketamine and weed and heroin....

(Heroin does A LOT of damage to you, so in that; it's not worth it).

Cocaine does nothing, crack turns people into bitches and I just found out the other day that speed is a form of meth?! (I've tried speed, but I'm opposed to meth).

MDMA, where? :lol: Ecstasy too (I swear MDMA is ecstasy in powdered form)..   

Edited by Snake-Pit

4 minutes ago, Dan H. said:

Ketamine: For being that slurred up asshole that your friends all hate to bring to parties

Never done it, but I always imagined it as a tranq, not a psychedelic, something like a benzo

Well, I felt as though I was completely separated from my body, like I was floating outside of myself with no understanding of anything that was going on around me, such as time or colours.

2 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

Cocaine does nothing, crack turns people into bitches and I just found out the other day that speed is a form of meth?! (I've tried speed, but I'm opposed to meth).

Heroins actually, in terms of health risk, as safe as houses, as long as your dosage is clean and moderated and you have good food to eat junkies can live forever, booze'll kill you quicker than skag.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

The last time i did psychedelics i remember thinking the Oasis song Stand by Me had the most profound lyrics I'd ever heard.  Thats how you KNOW you're tripping :lol:

I've taken enough ketamine with friends in Croydon to wonder if I was in fact Snoop Dogg this one time, and when I got high, I thought I was this guy called Snake-Pit...

That thought crossed my mind on ketamine still; years and years ago.

Edited by Snake-Pit
  • Like 1

Just now, PappyTron said:

Well, I felt as though I was completely separated from my body, like I was floating outside of myself with no understanding of anything that was going on around me, such as time or colours.

Sounds like a Snakepit bank holiday, waking up in a strange guests house with used poppers all over the gaff, Keith Vazes tie hanging off the bedstead :lol:

• Like 1

Have fun, i haven't had acid since the late 90's but always had great experiences and some fantastic conversations!. Unfortunately my last experience with a hallucinogenic wasn't pleasant, on new years eve about 5 years ago me and a friend took what we thought was an E but turned out to be a drug called NBome. We seriously thought we were going to die.

• Like 1

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Sounds like a Snakepit bank holiday, waking up in a strange guests house with used poppers all over the gaff, Keith Vazes tie hanging off the bedstead :lol:

Poppers aren't all that fun... Sure, they get you 'really drunk really quick' and the effects don't last long but; you do poppers (I heard) before you do some anal lovin'.

Edited by Snake-Pit

9 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

Bingo, snakes. MDMA is the pure, active ingredient in Ecstacy, you just get it in a roll with some other drugs added, and they call it Ecstacy

Just now, Dan H. said:

Bingo, snakes. MDMA is the pure, active ingredient in Ecstacy, you just get it in a roll with some other drugs added, and they call it Ecstacy

Me on Ecstasy in 2007

trebor 1 - 2007.jpg

(I'm not smiling; I'm 'gurning')... Say hello to my 'bandana shades'; I could see you but you can't see me logic; works a treat/is fab'!

I don't really get the point of 'micro-dosing', the euphoria around psychedelics are great but for me it's part of the trip, if I want a pick-me-up that's called two beers and a joint :lol: I like psychedelics but I rarely do them, only done mushrooms a few times, acid a couple times and DMT once. DMT was like getting hit by a freight train, and I imagine it's what a really intense acid trip would feel like (but only for a couple minutes). It was a weird combination of intense and calm. My vision became halfway between pixelation and a kaleidoscope and everything had an olive green hue to it because there was an olive green lamp nearby. Glad I tried it, not in any real hurry to do it again though.

Edited by Gordon Comstock