Recommend me some albums from The Boss.

Towelie

2 hours ago, GivenToFly said:

I find it a bit meh. There are some excellent performances there (Backstreets and Reason to Believe are favorites of mine) but overall the performances are pretty straightforward and weaker in my opinion than the average live version you'll find on youtube.

Oh it's far from his best live work, but it's still a great live record. If you want his best live recording ever, it's probably Passaic Night, his show from the Capitol Theatre in September of '78. It's one of the best setlists he ever put together, and it's E Street at its best. I also highly recommend the 3-pack of shows from last month at MetLife, which you can buy as a package at live.brucespringsteen.net (full disclosure, I was at #2, which featured a guest spot by Tom Morello). Great variety, and songs from the full spectrum of his career.

21 hours ago, dalsh327 said:

Everyone should go see Springsteen once in their lives. I've known people who hated him being dragged kicking and screaming to a show and came away appreciating him more. 

I've seen him 8 or 9 times, and I still can't wait until he comes around again next year. It is a truly uniquely incredible live music experience.